What's the hardest thing you've ever gone through?

Most Helpful Guy

• Being in a long term relationship that was really good, with a person I really loved and cared for, and realizing that I was changing / "Growing Up" and starting to head in a different direction than my partner. Having to make that decision that even though we were in love and had nothing but respect and admiration for each other, that we were wanting different things in life for our future and that we couldn't be together and both be happy.
    I can remember for a few months the long drives between work / my house / her house where those thoughts about what to do were going through my head, and then the day where I finally knew we had to end it, I think that was the hardest though I've gone through.

Ended up working out good for both of us though (I think?), though I still wonder from time to time...

And we are in VERY different places in life now, may years later, so I don't think it would have been able to work.

Was rough going through at the time, though we're both happy now.

Most Helpful Girl

• For me it was coming to terms with the fact that my 12 year marriage was over. My ex had spiraled down a slippery slope of prescription drug addiction and was completely unreliable in any aspect. He destroyed my trust and any shred of respect I had for him and refused to even acknowledge there was an issue. We spent four years as roommates before I finally moved out. After I moved out he still couldn't be bothered to even try to meet up and discuss things, so I just stayed gone. Things are fine now and we are best friends, but it's been two years now; guess it's really over.

When I left I took nothing with me but my own clothes. He still has furniture I brought into the marriage as well as everything I had bought while in it. I didn't want the house, I am waiving all financial dependency and have no desire for child support or alimony or anything from him. We share a drama free custody 50/50 of the kid. I am in a wonderful relationship now with a guy for just over a year.

Proof that once the rain clears, the sun will shine again.

What Guys Said 16

• The death of my wife and father within weeks of each other.

• Depression that was not a kind time for me at all...

• Honestly, the hardest thing I can remember going through was trying to write an essay for a class last semester. I COULD NOT fucking think of anything to write. I had writer's block for literally 2 days straight. I would sit at my computer for hours, just trying to think of SOMETHING to write.

I think I even made a post here about it, trying to ask how I could put an end to the block.

It was horrible. It was as if my brain was non-functional in the creativity department.

• Freshman year of college. I moved away from family and almost all my friends went off to college. I was a little lonely until I started making friends again and things have been great the last two years. That first year was a drastic change though.

• Prison. Anxiety and panic attacks...

• Having a cancerous tumor in my spinal cord that needed to be removed

• Having my kid taken

• Moving overseas. Don't do it.

• 4 months of jail

• a brick wall

• losing both my parents before i was 17

• There was once a huge puddle in my driveway and i was going to get the mail and it was hard walking through the water because the water was weighting down my Yeezy Boosts 950's.

• Watching my father die from cancer

• Lost one of my best bros in afghanistan. Enlisted in the Marines together at the age 17. Got blown up by an IED during a convoy that EOD hadn't greened yet. I wasn't there but I was told his torso was completely separated from his lower half. Happened two weeks in his deployment in Helmand Province. 18 years old.. Still visit his family today. Kills me to see how dead they are inside even four years later.

• Trying to become a super saiyan god

• That time when I didn't get into college or get a job, had no friends, got tinnitus and another similar problem.

What Girls Said 13

• depression.

• Depression, bullying and harassment.

• The death of a very close family friend.

• I guess my childhood. My father was abusive to my mom and was also addicted to drugs and was/is bipolar. I don't know I'm fine for the most part but I get nightmares from time to time and I have serious trust issues and attachment issues

• Loss of Job, My grandfather died, Vehicular accident,

• I guess bullying.

• See my mom in abusive relationship

• peer pressure dont ask

• My mom passing away 😔❤

• Death of a really close friend

• Definitely a break up. I was in a relationship with this guy. We were friends first and then developed more romantic feelings. I was totally convinced that he was it, only because he assured me that we would be together "forever". Anyway.. so we dated a while and was busy drawing up the plans for a house we were going to build and move into. Then two weeks before construction was suppose to start, he suddenly ended the relationship. I was devastated. During that time, none of our friends were there for me, they all chose his side because he was obviously more popular among people because he had a very outgoing personality. I only had one friend by my side. He helped me through everything, forced me to go out and have a good time and meet new people. There was one girl I felt very insecure about during our relationship. She was very close friends with my ex. One night we all went out. Then she had to go fetch something at home and my ex agreed to take her (we were still in a relationship at this time), they were gone for almost 45min. I just remember all his friends looking at me with eyes full of pity. This angered me a lot. So when they got back, I confronted him and her as well. We all sorted it out. Then about nine or ten months after we had broken up, my ex and his new girlfriend talked to me while we were at a party and told me how he cheated on me, and he said he was sorry for lying. But what made it worst, was the girl he cheated with was my best friend at the time (the same girl as the one he disappeared with the one night), and I had asked her on multiple occasions after we became best friends whether my ex cheated on me with her, and she continued to say no... Then when my ex told me the truth, I confronted her again and then she suddenly admitted it. I was heart broken. I struggle a lot with trust issues now.

• After a few family deaths my parents started to go through a nasty divorce. During this time I was sexually assaulted at school. I told the school and the guy was suspended but i didn't press charges. I begged the school not to tell my parents. So they didn't.
    To this day none of my family knows. My closest friend knows that something happened, but specifically what. People at school found out that I was the reason that he was suspended and started to give me a hard time.
    Years later. Like almost 4 years later I found out that the very next school year he assaulted several other girls including a friend of mine.
    I feel so guilty. Maybe if I had pressed charges he wouldn't have touched anyone else. Maybe if I told a parent, that the school would've taken it more seriously. Maybe i would've gotten therapy and gotten over this irrational discomfort of being touched.

• death of a parent and advanced cancer diagnosis of other parent within same year. its still hard