How can you tell if you really hurt a guy's feelings?

Guys of course behave very differently than women do

Most Helpful Guy

• If he becomes more distant and short with conversations with you. If you hurt a guys feelings generally his pride gets hurt along with it and the number 1 thing that a lot of guys do is just turn their feelings off and become disinterested in whoever hurt them.

• This is exactly what this guy is doing, he's answering in one lines, and is super distant

Most Helpful Girl

• They really don't. People are people are people. Like you can look at a guy smiling and know he's happy just like a woman smiling is happy.

What Guys Said 5

• There are lots of ways to tell:

1. If he doesn't make eye contact with you anymore, he doesn't talk to you anymore.

2. If he gives you a cold shoulder.

3. Starts avoiding you.

4. Doesn't respond to your texts as fast as he used to or may stop texting you altogether.

These are usually the common signs which shows that a guy is hurt and yes it doesn't matter if its the girl he likes or not.

• If he does not respond, takes a very long time to respond, or like the others have said only responds with limited words. He will not talk much or completely ignore you to the best of his ability

• Will he only do this to girls he likes and who have hurt him?

Well currently this is going on with one guy, but this other guy, this guy I liked the most in this world, also used to behave weird. Like when I'd message him, he'd stop replying it would drive me crazy

• I was confused. He was acting like it was totally cool, saying, "Not at all. How have you been?" when I apologized for my rude behaviour, (without making any reference to cutting him off). Then when I excitedly started talking about my favourite book, he just stopped replying.

I thought he was so uninterested in me that he wanted me to go away, but now I wonder if he thought it just doesn't work that way that I can start talking sweetly and everything's going to be okay

• Ahh okay. Yeah he may still be a little hurt and probably a little more of the latter that it just does not change so quickly.

• If we're hurt we will generally be distant and very brusque and short.
    Women might throw a fit and fight, men usually slip away somewhere else and mope on their lonesome.

• Are guys only hurt by women they like?

• The guy I really liked... I've never found a way to express that I liked him or never really believed a guy like that could like me.

The other one... he's sort of the replacement. But I don't want to play with someone's feelings or hurt them.

There's always only been one guy that I've really liked.

• When it comes to these things you either go for it or will be stuck wondering what could have been for the rest of your life.

As scary as it may seem and as much of an ass as I might be for saying it - we all know it isn't that easy - you should go for it. You won't regret doing that but you will regret not having done it.

• The silent treatment

• lol this is pretty much what he's doing. He wouldn't reply to my messages, and finally when he did it was literally in one line.

Out of curiosity can guys only give the silent treatment/be hurt to girls they like?

• What constitutes as severe?

• Ever guy has his own leaves but unless he is incredibly mad there is one thing that will probably break it

• usually a guy will hide his feelings till he finds a safe space, in any case there a subtle giveaways, like the tone of his voice, his look may change, and in the future he may become more withdrawn from you, at least that's how i know many of my friends behave

What Girls Said 2

• From what I've noticed in my lifetime (I have a brother and a father, and a lot of guy friends) is that when men are upset they usually shut down completely, become kind of cold, can seem emotionless 😓 Actually they're full of emotions, they're just trying to hide all the hurt feelings really hard 😕

• I don't know i guess they'll show signs if it was a serious fall of their ego