How would you deal with being at work or school and realizing you forgot your phone home?

Most Helpful Girl

• I'd be annoyed and it'd be inconvenient, but unless I had a friend I really needed to be in contact with that day because they were in the midst of some kind of crisis, or I needed to arrange to meet with someone or something, it wouldn't be the end of the world. As a general rule I don't much care for being constantly accessible anyway because i'm very introverted, and like to give what i'm doing my full attention rather than it being divided by getting messages I need to respond to. I might get bored or feel a bit insecure at some points in the day where I have to wait around and would usually look at social media, listen to music, play a game or search the net on my phone.. Probably i'd need to talk to strangers more to ask the time and stuff like that. I'd be annoyed if I wanted to find something out quickly and didn't have the internet (so weird because it's only a few years i've been able to carry access to Google around in my pocket like that o_0) .

• I'm sure that friend in crisis wouldn't need help though, so in this case you would not need it, right?
      "Ain't nobody got time for that" 😉

• @Daynada if I have a friend who's having a rough time I like to be on call for them. Not always to 'help' in any concrete way even but just so they know they're not alone

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 13

• "Well, I guess I'm not playing the Kim Kardashian game on my lunch break."

• I'd be in trouble. I need my phone at work. It helps me stay connected to my employers.

• I don't think very well-- at school I have my laptop so I have everything accessible to my phone on my laptop except for sending SMS texts, only iMessage. At work it's not a huge deal because i'm not on my phone al the time.

• At school I would probably watch the clock the entire time. At work it would only bother me on break because I can't have my phone while on the clock. And I live close enough to my work that I could just drive over and get it then.

• I'm fine with that. I don't even have time to look at my phone at work. It's happened before and I didn't even notice.

• Been there and done that. I usually get away with it, except of one time I had to skip class for that reason. Class was supposed to be done a half an hour later than I thought, and I didn't have a ride. So instead of attending class and letting my dad wait for half an hour, I decided to skip class in the purpose of avoiding my dad to wait for me.

• Happens to me all the time. I'm used to it now. But sometimes it sucks when you need it for information. Thank goodness i have a mac that's linked with my iPhone so whatever notification goes off on my phone, my computer does too.

• Shrug it off.

• I'm not going to lie, I would probably be a little anxious if I forgot it. Now, if I decided to leave it home, that would be another story. Technology has so much power over some of us, that we don't know how to act when we don't have it.

• It doesn't really bother me. I'm allowed to use it at work, but I don't need to have it around 24/7. My phone was dead for two months once. Not because it was broken, but because I didn't care enough to charge it back up, so yeah. I don't mind lacking access to my phone.

• I'd be fine! It's just a phone haha

• It's cool. I rarely took phone to school.

• I'd be somewhat annoyed but I wouldn't let it ruin my day.

What Guys Said 18

• It won't kill me. It's actually better if I didn't have one and issued one. At least people won't be so damn reliant and call me all the fucking time during my lunch breaks and start reading to solve a simple damn problem that's already provided in an issuance. "Shoot me an email when I'm out on my breaks ffs!" 😕😡

• Take advantage of it, and be logical about it! Sit down and get college work done 😎

• I don't take out phone outside unless I have a bag in the first place.

• My god, "party like it's 1979"? "30-40 years ago"? How about 15 years ago, when they were still far from being in every pocket? I guess I'm the old one here. Hey, did you guys know we even had power and running water 30 years ago? CRAZY, RITE?

I guess that's why my entire reaction to leaving my cell phone at home (assuming I didn't leave it there on purpose) is "Oh. Woops."

• School doesn't apply to me, and I work from home where I have 6 computers, so it's kind of hard for me to forget them. I never use my cell phones for anything but very brief phone calls anyway. Both of my vehicles have Bluetooth smartphones that always stay in them in case I leave my primary phone at home, and my home and business lines ring all of them, so I'm never out of reach.

• I'd hope I brought a handheld console for school. Work would take even longer without a phone to peep every now or then.

• Well it depends on how needful the phone is, forget it till close of work or school

• Woohoo! No BS for a day LOL

• Happens all the time. I call home and let them know to call me on the office phone if they need me.

• Oops.

Good thing I have my sketch book.

• I rarely forget my phone but when I do I just deal with it

• I'd just wait until I got home. It has already happened.

• I spend 4 months a year out of cell range, never bothered me.

• I will stay with no phone until I'm back
    Or tell someone to get it for me

• I would never realize that...

• Party like its 1979 before there were cellphones?

• I'd not give a shit... people 30-40 years ago didn't have phones and they were fine... people are just addicted on it nowdays and they get panicked if they forget it...

• I would ask one of the girls working there to fuck me with a strapon so I learn my lesson :P