Who's more emotional? men or women?

• men
  • women

Most Helpful Girl

• Women, we are slaves to our Emotions. 😀😐😑😡😤😰😴

Most Helpful Guy

• Look at alllllll of these ladies saying that men r big bags of emotion wrapped in a shell. How cute.

What Girls Said 35

• Both men and women experience emotions. Maybe not in the same way. Generally, a lot of women tend to be very external with their emotions, while a lot of men are more internal. Doesn't make one gender more emotional than the other, though. Hiding your emotions doesn't make you less emotional.

• My first instinct is to say women, but then I remember my brother growing up screaming at his video games, and my dad having sports parties where they all yell at the TV. So I don't know haha.

I'm gonna say that women are more prone to mood swings, particularly when we're hormonal, but guys are more prone to outbursts.

• MEN!

• Women.

Not to say that men don't experience the same level of emotions as a woman. It's just that society encourages women to let it out, while they tell men to "toughen up".

• You mean they don't experience those emotions on the same ambiance /environment?

• I'm not sure what you're talking about.

I am speaking from an objective view point that society tells women to express their emotions while encouraging men to man up.
      Have you really not observed that fact? And that some men actually do follow that?
      That is what I am speaking about.

• Both sexes have the same level of emotions. Its just that SOME men feel the need to hold theirs back because of societal views.

That is ALL i am saying.
      You can choose to disagree, but that is an age old fact.

• This is all socialization. It's not a scientific fact.

Psychological studies reveal over and over that there is no such thing as a "male" or "female" brain.

Gender is a social construct. Thus, the gendered differences in behaviour are a social construct.

• There are definitely differences in the male and female brains. I do agree certain things are social constructs but we are very different overall.

• @dangerDoge still not convinced. One paper isn't a consensus, you know? Doesn't mean people won't think so- look at all the dummies that still think vaccines cause autism even though it was only published in one paper with made up evidence and that doctor's license has since been revoked. The journal retracted the paper.

• Ohp, my TA just responded to my question I asked on the class message board.

"Male and female brains are inherently biologically different. There are sex differences in the brain structure itself. The corpus callosum-splenium is larger in females. Male and female brains also differentiate prenatally under influence of testosterone. Once gonads are differentiated, if testosterone is produced in the hypothalamus, the brain differentiates in male direction; if there is no testosterone, the brain differentiates in female direction. "

She says they are different too.

• I think men and women both have a lot of emotion, but they show it in different ways. Most men I know tend to hide their emotions, and women tend to show them more, but this is a generalization and there are always exceptions.

• I think men are more driven by emotion, whereas women are more expressive of it. Like, we'll talk about our feelings and concentrate on them first before making a decision, whereas men will push their feelings aside and try to fix the problem or make a decision without first processing their feelings first, so their decisions end up being far more impacted by their emotions than they will admit. And I think we're driven by different emotions. I think women are driven more by their positive emotions (I'm going to do this because it feels good/makes me happy) whereas men are more driven by their negative emotions (I'm going to do this because x makes me angry).

• Actually I think it's more that guys are wired to respond physically to emotional stimuli, that's why "walking it off" works for a lot of guys.

• that makes sense. When humans were just starting out men had to make split second life-or-death decisions more so than females. can't exactly sit and reflect when you'rewrestling with a jaguar. you gotta fix the problem quickly. I wonder if that means men are more prone to take action rather than plan. The same thing on how males tend to talk more easily about deep stuff when tthey're looking forward while women take more eye contact and wanna look you in the face. When males were hunting 15000 years ago on the plain they had to pay attention to surroundings where the women were at home communicating more face to face. As I'veheard Iit said by a reliable source. then women had more time to think about what they wanted/would make them happy. So maybe men operate better in dire or pressing situations and women operate better in stable situations.

• I have to be honest in saying that I believe we (women) are.. Or at the least we tend to show our emotions a lot more.

• women are more emotional because of the hormones :/

• I think it's about equal but they display it in different ways. If you're asking in terms of crying in order to relieve stress after a very bad day women and if you mean having to need to get upset and punch a wall (that's also getting emotional since you're not in control of your emotions... anger is an emotion too) men.

• Though someone that cries excessively for every single argument or petty stuff (woman) as well as someone that frequently gets upset and punches walls whenever he's stressed out even over petty stuff is someone I would avoid.

• definitely men.

emotions are move than just crying. men get angry more, and when they do they become violent.

• Women are more likely to SHOW their emotion, but it doesn't mean men are any less emotional.

• i think generally women tend to express their emotions more, and some probably experience more emotional turbulence due PMS/ hormonal changes; whereas men don't usually express their emotions, and keep things bottled up.

• Women usually

• Women.

• Women. No contest

• I think it's about equal, but society tells men not to cry or talk about their feelings and channel their emotions through violence instead.

• People forget that guys are more anger prone

• Vote B, no contest.

• I think we are all emotional in unique ways because we are all affected differently by certain events going on in our lives😊

• No doubts women.

• usually women are

• Women definitely show it way more 😅 So in that aspect, women are... But guys can be emotional too, they just know how to hide it 😎

• not really. men become agry and break things or fight. that's still showing emotion.

• Women obviously.

• women

• In reality, guys hide it but run to the internet to talk their true shit

• Women are probably.

• women

• Women are more emotional I think. Its our hormones.

• Men hold it in and explode. They have less coping skills.

• More from Girls
    5

What Guys Said 47

• Women and men are about the same. It is just society lets women show it more than men so men have to hide it and that is bad.

• Women do, no debate there but there are some guys (namely me, sadly) who can experience some deep emotion. I think anyone can experience that but some guys are more open about it and are not afraid to show their emotions. Just like not all women are emotional creatures and don't give a damn about have a more "masculine" (for lack of a better word) persona.

Sadly, a man being emotional is a sign of a weakness to many people in many societies. So, a lot of men hide their feelings and just kept it bottled.

• Equally, they just express/surpress it in diffirent ways.

• Women express, men supress. But it isn't all the truth all time. I think that we all have the same emotions, but society has adopted some believe that men are supposed to be strong and deal with a problem, while women need to look for support anywhere they can find it. Maybe it is just the way it happenes, but I don't think that it actually happenes that way. But if course people buy into things like that, then they join up and speak negatively aboit someone of the same sex when, they surpass some commonly agreed upon notion of how somebody should act of behave. And it's disgusting

• Men are more emotional when it comes to interactions with the opposite sex but way less emotional when it comes to interactions with the rest of the world. This can be explained by undesrtading the life of cave men. But since society has hugely changed these years, we might evolve and develop completely different traits where men and women's emotional differences can become almost the same.

• Women. Definitely women!.

• Women by far, though men suppress their emotions because they'd be clowned by both male and females alike. Like I expect it from men because we always talk shit about each other but women do it too. I have seen it happen where a dude would cry about something and a girl would call them a bitch or something in that like when she just got through talking about wanting a guy who is in touch with their emotions/feelings just the other day... strange. Men can be feely too but society scrutinizes that, hence why there are so many male assholes with suppressed feelings. Our egos doesn't allow for emotional scrutiny, we all want to be seen as the alpha.

• I seriously think it has more to do with upbringing and personal beliefs and standards than physical sex.

• Women are encouraged to be the more emotional ones.
    I find however, that many guys are just as emotional (guilty as charged), but are insecure about showing it because society tells us that emotions aren't "manly". I think if guys were taught that they don't have to hide their feelings, you would see that guys can be just as emotional as girls.

• women are

• Men are, they just manage their feelings a bit better.

www.dailymail.co.uk/.../...re-emotional-women.html

• Biologically men respond to emotional stimulus on a greater level then women. Things impact harder and on a longer time frame then their female counterparts. But how they respond to emotional stimulation is very different. Guys are wired to do something, to respond physically to that stimulation. Even our tear ducts are wired differently. So guys who are in emotional pain don't respond as some people would expect. It's not that the pain isn't there, it's just it's harder to recognize.

• This isn't even a question. Women hands down. But men are up there as well. This is one of the few things we hide better or are more stubborn about.

• You're kidding right?

• I think they are both equally emotional, but it is more acceptable for women to express those emotions than it is for men.

• Not sure I would say it is close... I would say women tend to be me more vocal with respect to their feelings but guys show there emotions just as much as girls do!

• Women obviously. Guys have simpler emotions. A man may not forgive but usually forget, women may forgive but they never forget. Never let a woman bury the hatchet, that's why men usually lose arguments or apologize first.

• But that also depends on the emotions, like men react more emotionally in rage and anger and women more emotionally in grief and sorrow.

• i honestly think men. girls just let it out in the very moment they feel emotional. men don´t. they build it up untill they have a break down and then it´s "really" bad. men are not as unemotional as they´d like to believe.

• In general, I tend to think the same. However, I just think that men and women process them differently, with the former being less driven and/or controlled by them and the latter being conscious of and motivated by them.

• Women, men have to push down that emotion.

• Pushing it down is not the same as lacking it.

• @Zeanobia Clap clap no one cares.

• So you don't care that I just implied you're stupid? Good to know.

• a man's infrequent emotional display has a wider range, from intense to apathetic. a woman's emotional display doesn't have the highs and lows of a man, but is expressed more frequently, especially in the presence of others.

• its probably emotions at different things society has told me i should have strong emotions that i have so we can't really know

• women

• Men. We have the innate ability to reason things logically whereas with most women logic gets tossed out the window in favor of an emotionally influenced response.

• I'm more emotional

Not men. Me

• Men feel emotions deeper but alter mood less frequently, women feel each one more frequently.

An angry man is a very angry man, a happy man is a very happy man.

A woman is never really what she appears to be, she can change mood just like that.

• Do you really need to ask dude?

• women

• They both show their emotions differently. I would say men because they get more violent more often which is because they can't control their emotions.

• Women, they don't think when they feel. well actually men don't hide it, they show it in a different way... like what kind of emotions? ?

• More from Guys
    17