Guys, what do you think about girly girls?

I'm a girly girl. I wear a lot of dresses. I take care of my appearance. I love painting my nails and shopping. I won't go further, we all what a typical girly girl is.
So, does a girly turn you on or off? Also, is it a deal breaker that I'm not into sports and outside activities? I know a lot of guys like sports and outside activities that's why I'm asking. I have almost no knowledge about sports. If you were going to talk to me about a sport team, chances are I'm not going to be interested :/ I avoid outside activies such camping or hiking (never tried them before, actually). I much rather go shopping or go for a spa, or just stay at home feeling nice & cozy and maybe bake something.
That's all I have to say, I want to say more but I wrote more than I should have, sorry 😅

22

Most Helpful Guy

• I like sports, but I do not expect every girl to like that and i am okay if my girl did not like sports much. However camping or hiking is a different story for me because I have been doing that all my life and would like to share those experiences with a future partner. If like you she had never done them before, I would at least ask if she would try it? I do not mind girly girls, just not my type really because I love the outdoors and sports

• Exactly! Haha plus it has come to mean so much to me especially because my family and relatives all do outdoor activities as well. I hope and believe you will find the guy for you who loves the girly girl :D

• Thanks for MHO 😋

What Guys Said 21

• For me, girly girls are a total turn-off and I would never want to date one nor would I want to be friends with one, mostly for two reasons:
    The fact that you're not interested in sports is no problem. I'm not interested in sports either. It's no big deal. Some people are into music, others are into sports, yet others are into pottery. That's just personal preferences and hobbies. However, coming from a country where we cherish nature a lot and love our natural environment, I would find it very sad that you're not into outside activities. Hiking and going for walks (also on regular days) is basically a national hobby in my country, Tons of people do it. It would be very sad to have a friend or girlfriend who's not into that. However, that's also not the deal breaker. The big deal breaker is that you would rather go shopping than out into nature and that you actually regard shopping a hobby. To be quite frank here, I find that pretty sad. It shows that you're totally into this whole consumerism and materialism bullshit and I would really hate that. When I go shopping, I do it because I have to. I go grocery shopping if I need more milk or veggies, I buy myself a pair of pants or shoes once in two years or so, whenever the old one is not good anymore etc.. I shop like our parents' generation uses the internet: they get online, check their emails, look up a train connection, buy a book on amazon and log off again to do more worthwhile things. They use the internet as a tool, not as place to stay forever and waste your time. I wish I could do that. But with shopping as a hobby it's even much worse because you waste money just to kiss society's ass and live up to all those beauty ideals and fashion trends etc. And many girls even get sad when can't go shopping. In my book, that's pretty pathological. When people say "I get sad if I can't have a beer once a day" or "I get sad if I can't snort a line once a week" they're usually considered addicted and advised to seek help. When girls say to their girlfriends "it's so sad I can't go shopping today, I haven't been shopping for a whole week!" they're just met with empathy and sweet words. The fact that CONSUMING makes some people happy is actually really tragic I think.
    The other deal breaker I really don't like about girly girls is that usually they have very stuck views about gender roles and gender identity. My girlfriend has a friend who is a typical girly girl and I get sick when I only hear what a

• load of rubbish this girl talks. Stuff like "girls have to wear dresses cuz that's what real girls do and guys have to like football and beer and cars cuz that's what REAL guys like!" argh. Makes me wanna puke. I'm not saying you are like that but many girly girls and pretty much all macho guys are like that. It's a very superficial and - to be honest - pretty uneducated way to look at the world.

• Not really my type. I like very feminine women so I like the make-up and stuff, but not so into shopping for hours, if I want to do stuff together, it would be physical activities like hiking, biking, skydiving, etc. Even strolling around in a park, I like to play tag like a little kid and get some excuse to run and laugh, can't do that if she's wearing high heels and allergic to exercise.

So I like the "girly tomboy", the one who is very feminine and can look stunning in a dress but also shares so many of my interests and can really play and keep up with me physically.

That said, I really think there's a place for girly girls of this sort, just I'm really into girls who share a lot more interests with me. For me, the time we spend together outside the bedroom is just as important as inside, and things get stale if she's into only the most feminine things like collecting shoes that I have no interest in whatsoever.

• One thing: I'm not so into sports either. I don't know about football teams, I like to *play* football. I was never into spectating and getting into that sort of thing. If I'm watching sports, I liked more solo sports like X-Games stuff on a halfpipe (probably mainly because I like vert ramps on skateboard and doing airs and things of that sort, but I'm no Rune Glifberg or Tony Hawk).

So it's not important to me that a girl knows much about sports, but kind of important to me that she can participate and play in one and not just be worrying about breaking a nail.

• ... and it was her idea totally to do the drinking challenge (to me those always end up with just about everyone losing in some sense).

• I don't mind getting teased in a physical way, I just don't like it to be too rough. I want you to still be somewhat gentle with me, if you know what I mean.
      With that said, I'm not the kind of girl who would do challenges with you (maybe minor challenges but not the extreme ones). It's not something that interests me, especially arm wrestling. I see myself with a strong muscular man so there is no hope for me to win an arm wrestling challenge with him, lol.

• Girly girls and manly men are the perfect couples if you ask me but actually girly girls turn me on a lot

• That's a turn off for me. Since I like tomboys or anime/gaming girls.

• Girly-girl is fine, however not going camping or hiking would be a dealbreaker for me. I love my tent and campfires. Fishing and hiking etc., Getting away from the city is a must for me!

The dresses, shopping, etc., not a problem.

I think most guys prefer a girl that is mostly a girly-girl however also does not mind getting their hands dirty.

The sports thing would be no problem... I barely know the teams either. They just don't interest me!

• I strongly prefer girly girls.

• nothing against girly girls. not a turn off. not a deal breaker.

• When I say "girly girl", I usually imagine a girl that's feminine, but not necessarily paints her nails or goes shopping. That "I love shopping" part makes me think you'll be a gold digger, and yes, that turns me off. It's fine if a girl doesn't like outside activities and sports, but I prefer it if she works out just like me.

• Yeah I do but they are also high maintenance it seems , so that's the only issue I have with them but I do like a really feminine woman, I'm not really into sports either but I do look to do some things out doors

• I don't mind girly girls but it's the lack of willing to try out new things or experience new things. Some girly girls I know just wants to stay in the comfort zone..

• If she doesn't over do it or have an annoying personality it's not that bad. But I generally get along better with girls that are into some more adventurous activities. Nothing too extreme but wouldn't be opposed to rock climbing or maybe a mud run

• Depends about what you do more, and your way of seing life.
    Ok, shopping, appearance and... what's more about you? It's about that.
    So i don't know.

• They're the kind of girls I want to tie up and make cry, until they become so completely dejected that they submit to anything I say.

• I love girly girls, if they are girly in a natural and spontaneous way :D... no games or tricks :o

• I like girly girls.

• As long as she's hot, almost nothing is a deal breaker.
    I don't care about the hiking stuff, but do you cook?

• It's pretty much living up to the stereotype of girls. It does kind of say high maintenance too.

• I don't mind girly girls but I'd prefer a girl who likes some of the same things as me

• I like crosses between girly girls and athletes. Cheerleaders, essentially

• Love love love girlie girls :)

• It's not a turn off, but that would make you uninteresting in the long term.