Do you believe in the paranormal?

My dad and I were just cooking dinner and we heard a woman's voice coming from the living room. The TV is off and no one else is here. Which raised my curiosity to see if the GaG community believes in these entities.

Most Helpful Guy

• No. Human beings are way worse to each other than any ghoul or monster we can dream up.

Most Helpful Girl

• I believe in the paranormal. I've grown up hearing enough stories and experiencing enough things to influence my decision.

What Guys Said 23

• Yes. It is nowhere near absurd to not believe in the paranormal. If you read the Bible, you will learn about how the devil came into this world. It was an angel that refused to obey God. Apart from that, my neighbors back in Germany know a family whose daughter is honestly able to see ghosts : She can see the souls of the deceased when she walks through town or in nature. She has a big issue and even fear of going to hospitals or graveyards for this reason : She does see the dead people wearing the clothes they wore in the time of history they lived in. This is so unbelievable but true : Who in their right mind would put in the effort to make all this up and keep a facade over years? No one.

And; There have been near death experience where the almost deceased were able to retell how they saw everyone in the emergency room and to retell which words were said !

You need to check out this website for further reading !

manchesterparanormal. org/Intelligent-Hauntings. php

• Paranormal activity does not exist in the realm of science, therefore I do not subscribe to it.

At best, paranormal activity is a construct conjured by fear of the unknown. This fear triggers a fight or flight response, and any bump in the night can be perceived as an imminent threat. It's great for survival, and bad for those that lack a grounded understanding of the way matter works.

• Nope, I believe humans are very superstitious creatures that are extremely susceptible to false positives (one reason why we're prone to addiction to gambling, we get rewarded for stupid behavior from time to time and think we can beat a system that mathematically guarantees failure over the long term, e. g.).

The side they usually don't show on T. V. is that there are scientific communities who do an objective analysis of these paranormal kinds of activities, and find nothing that really withstands scrutiny.

The people who tend to see ghosts are the ones who believe most in ghosts. It's like kids who believe totally in Santa Claus might even claim to have seen them. You see some strange shape in the shadows or something of that sort and if it correlates to your superstitions, your mind fills in the blanks. If you don't believe, you investigate the odd shadow, and find it is just an odd shadow cast by a tree swaying outside.

• No, I do not believe in the paranormal. I'm an atheist and a naturalist, which means I believe there is a natural explanation for everything (even if we can't find it easily). However, I do love to talk about paranormal stuff. I love all those scary stories and haunted castles and paranormal activity movies etc. even if I don't believe in it :-).

• I have certain things that I believe that some people would consider "paranormal" yes.
    But I also believe that many of the people who "think" they believe in the paranormal
    simply misguide themselves, having lost people dear to them, they see/hear them
    or if they are religious and believe they actually hear the voice of "god" and the like.

I think that there's two different kinds.. those who believes
    and those who fool themselves into believing.

• Considering the world around is simply a perception of our senses... we could hear and see anything anytime

But besides all that, yea I guessss... and it was good because that means people you love still continue to live on but then there's also bad ones that mess with you.

• I treat ghosts and aliens and such all the same. Without an undeniable reason to believe or to doubt, I will remain respectively neutral.

I believe there are many things that we have no idea of, maybe even some things that we wouldn't, or shouldn't look at too closely.

Friedrich Nietzsche (Philosopher)
    "He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster. And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee."

• Call Mulder and Scully. :)

• Meh!.. CONGRATULATIONS!.. You are having a new mommy and she is hiding in the closet cause your dad told her to! It a surprise don't ruin it.

• I do not believe in the paranormal.

• I believe in like demons and djinns but I believe they are in a different dimension which we can't contact AT ALL

• nahh

• I do.

• No, I don't.

• nope

• i just beleave there are things that happen that can not be easily explained.

• A bit !
    by the way are you Greek goddess 😶?

• Yeah, I've had two encounters with ghosts

• I DO!!! Only because I know it pisses off the people in the comments that don't lol XD

• Dont worry, they only come to get you in your sleep. No danger as long as you are awake.

• I do. but i've never met any. thank god lol

• Yeah, I hear voices taunting me now... Constantly harassing me where I can't stand it anymore.

• I don't :)

What Girls Said 6

• Yes I do

• that's oscar... he usually likes to creep people sometimes but he s cool

• no not at all

• I don't

• um i don't know... kind of that stuff scares me.

• Definitely