Why Winter exists anyway? What's the purpose of it?

Fuck u Winter... most useless season ever... I just don't understand... every single damn thang's dead in winter pretty much... so why God made Winter anyway? Is it some kind of punishment towards humans? Notice how most humans lack energy in winter and they are like half-dead?

I wish we had summer every single month... even if we had 100 F everyday it'd be fucking awesome than 30s-40s like now... disgusting...

Most Helpful Girl

• I live in South Florida. It's always green here. I do feel bad for anyone that has to deal with cold, snow and dead stuff during winter.

Most Helpful Guy

• It helps keep the bugs down and I don't have to cut the grass, and alternating seasons helps to keep the global climate stable, but beyond that, yeah, fuck winter.

What Girls Said 11

• Snowboarding. Skating. Snowshoeing. Skiing. Hockey. Snowball fights. Snow forts. Tobogganing. Free, large beer cooler.

• I don't give a shit if it's 30 F outside...

• lol... u consider winter a punishment? i think u should be glad ur alive to even witness it.

• Yeah... and u are fucking lucky u have summer there now... but after 2 months or so... u won't be so lucky anymore... it's our turn hahahahahaha...

• yeah. um summer for us goes to like 80s-90's. 100s doesn't happen too often. much too hot.

• then there's not major difference between summer and winter...

• I am sure mother nature knows!

• To kill all the bugs and make the geese go away. And for ice skating. I love winter.

• There's no reason for u to love winter... honestly u have nice body... I'd understand if u were like shit... but now?

• Have u ever noticed those who like winter are ashamed of their bodies usually? Not a coincidence eh?

• I guess thats true for some people.

• Because Winter is awesome.

• HOW?

Cold cold and COLD... fuck it... not to mention chicks wear more clothes... in summer clothes they look better ya know hahahaha...

• Still I'd rather live in Sahara than in Norway... even if standards of living are crap there... it has better climate than fucking Norway...

• That's crazy. You can always pile on more clothes. There's only so much you can take off though.

• snow makes everything beautiful.

• Move to a warm climate. Problem solved.

• There really isn't much of a winter where I live. It's February and been in the 90s.

• FL u live?

• Makes kinda sense but u are fucking lucky if u get 90s in February... but shit why do I get 50s at a good day in February if I live in an area where winters are considered "mild"?

• I feel for you, at night it can get really col here too we had a couple nights in January get down below 50. It was awful

• So we can make snow angels

• Lol, there's a lot of reasons for it

• move to the equator

What Guys Said 13

• Winter exists because the Earth doesn't have a regular orbit around the Sun.

So what does the Earth’s orbit around the sun have to do with our planet’s constantly changing temperatures and changing seasons? The answer is… everything!
    The Earth is constantly changing its position with the Sun. That’s because the Earth tilts in relation to the sun. That is what creates the differences in the seasons and the annual warming and cooling cycles of the Earth’s Northern and Southern Hemispheres.
    More here:
    www.ecology.com/.../tilting-earth-shaping-seasons

• Hilarious. But reconsider. Without the wobble on our planet's axis, civilization as we know it would likely not exist.

www.livescience.com/18972-earth-seasons-tilt.html

• Hm... I see... but still...

• Maybe nature just needs a few months of dormancy to rest up for exertions of spring/summer/autumn - I am not 100% sure but that is my guess.

• Well I hate winter but I mean single digits, 2 feet of snow winter! I would prefer 30s-40s over 100 degree days though.

• Better than summer. The only issue with winter is that the sun's too low in the morning so I can't see anything.

• You could stop the Earth from tilting on its axis, but then you will need to take a canoe to work every day.

• I personally adore the winter , but the answer to your question , why? Well in your case to appreciate summer 😛

• I really really appreciate it man... it's like heaven...

• I live pretty much close (I won't say exactly where sorry)... but it's around there... and I still find winters cold... ya feel me?

• Lol brother it's your preference, but in this moment we all have to appreciate the heater for being existed 😛

• Yeah, until you realise that Christmas and New Years belong to the Winter period, so it's a time to spend with family. But I guess Anons don't have any...

• In Australia they celebrate it on summer for example... and no I'm not into family meetings and shit like dat...

• Nope... I just mentioned it as an example... since not everyone celebrates Christmas in winter...

• OK, well my point still stands :)

• Live near the equator and you'll get summer all year round. 0 to 20 degrees latitude north and south the seasons hardly change.

• Even in December January and February? If dat's so it'd be fucking awesome pal... I don't give a shit about standars of living... after all da country I live in don't have good standards anyway... hahahahaha... so no loss I think...

• The reason we get the seasons is the big ball were standing on isn't spinning straight. It leaning backwards and spinning. We're higher up the earth in the northern hemisphere so as the planet goes to round the sun over the course of a year half the time your countries pointed at the sun in summer and half the year it's pointing away from the sun in winter. The equator is the track the sun follows so it doesn't matter which time of the year it is it's always got around that area. Anywhere from about 1000 miles north or south of the equator anywhere in the world will be roasty toasty all year round. And cheap as fuck as well

• Actually no it isn't it serves a purpose just like every other season.

• Dude, 30s and 40s is perfectly. Talk to me when its -45.
    And to answer your question, what @jacquesvol said

• -45? I'd die for sure... but can u survive at 120? I doubt it,... hahahaha...

• I've seen over 100 twice, all I could do was lie in the water all day. So no

• Love skiing, dont take winter away 😋

• i like the cold weather, feels nice and i dont really get cold tbh