What would be worse?

• Having a reputation of being fake
  • Having a reputation of being stupid
  • Having a reputation of being ugly
  • Having a reputation of being untrustworthy
  • Having a reputation of being a coward
  • Can't decide between them

Most Helpful Girl

• A wise individual once said "Be more concerned with your character than with your reputation because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 8

• All of them are pretty bad, but fake and untrustworthy are really bad. I've gotten those reputations before. Due to my personality of being flighty and sometimes saying dumb stuff, people think that I'm pretending just to get attention. I'm not. It's just my personality. I've had people tell me that they thought I was just faking it, but when they got to know me and become friends with me they realized it truly was just my personality.

I've also had the reputation of being untrustworthy once or twice. It hurts because I'm really trustworthy. I don't tell secrets if they are really important. I'm not that type of person. If they need it to be kept secret I won't tell a single soul. Most people know that I'm trustworthy, but some believe I'm not and that really makes me feel sad when they feel that way.

• i reckon fake.

• have a reputation of untrustworthy

• Being fake

• Having the reputation of being fake can probably cause the reputation of untrustworthy... no?

• I've never cared about reputations.

• Having reputation of being untrustworthy, that would be awful for people not to trust me

• Being untrustworthy.

What Guys Said 7

• Having a reputation of being fake for sure.

I met a guy at my college who's 25 and told me about a former classmate of his who was known for being relatively dumb but he was nice to everyone and only for this reason he was able to pass the exams back in their high school.

As to ugliness: I have only seen 4 people who I found really physically unappealing in my entire life... One of them had an extremely weird face..

Untrustworthiness coincides with being fake.

Cowardice is normal to an extent as in being shy to some healthy extent - but being a coward will not get you anywhere in life - successful people accept challenges and take risks ^^

• Well they all obviously suck in different ways so its hard to say.

Having a reputation for being stupid isn't that bad if you can prove them wrong. It just means theyll have lower expectations but will be more impressed when you prove the wrong.

I dont see being known as a coward as being THAT bad.

Being fake and being untrustworthy are similar to me. These are bad because trust is very important for unterpersonal relationships and is really hard to regain once youve lost it.

Despite this, I kinda want to say ugly is worse because in addition to being ugly, its often claimed that ugly people are more likely to be percieved as less intelligent, less capable and less trustworthy upon first impression. So it could be argued that being ugly brings the negatives of most of the other things you listed.

• Aren't 'fake' and 'untrustworthy' the same? I voted 'fake' because even if someone thinks you're stupid or ugly, that doesn't mean you wouldn't be a good friend to them (just as long as you KNOW that you're neither of those bad things) - if they think you're fake, they'd more than likely want nothing to do with you.

• Stupidity is something I loathe having a reputation for.

A good coward never gets revealed as one so that's near-impossible.

• Untrustworthy or stupid, because I try hardest to be the opposite of both.

• probably untrustworthy