I never get catcalled, am I not pretty enough?

I keep seeing videos of how annoying it is to get cat called but I've never been so it forced me to ask myself, am I not pretty enough?

How do I upload a picture lol sorry I'm new to this site

Most Helpful Guy

• Guys probably think you're too pretty and have a boyfriend, so they wouldn't want to catcall you and risk being beaten to a pulp by your supposed boyfriend! ;)

Most Helpful Girl

• *Whistles* is that good for ya?
    Just kidding, pleasedon'tkillme
    Just because you're not catcalled doesn't mean your not pretty.. Don't get so discouraged by those videos!

What Guys Said 21

• I don't think I have ever in my life actually witnessed a cat call. I'm sure it happens, but I think it's pretty darn rare. If you never got cat called, you shouldn't think anything negative of it.

• It's not that ur not pretty. It's that feminists say problems are bigger than they are or make up things. It's rare that a guy would do that.

• Just... can't... win.

I'm not going to suggest that you go out there and seek out a catcall, because it's something guys generally shouldn't do.

I do wonder, though - who is it you feel is trying to assert dominance over you? The guy on the street you don't know who wants to tell you you're pretty, or the women who:
    A) tell you how you feel about it, then
    B) tell you why you feel that way about it, then
    C) based on speculation alone, ascribe a motivation for it to the man, and then
    D) ascribe a number of terrible personal characteristics ("creepy," "sleazy," "horn dogs," "classless," "no respect," "brainless") to the man without even a hint of good faith, and finally
    E) shame you for your simple question by suggesting that you need to work on your self-esteem because you might like to be told you're pretty?

• Welcome to GaG.

That was nice. 😎

• @gray_sailor Thanks! I'm expecting it to be a short stay - too much disagreeing ("harassing" in certain parlances) about things, so I'm expecting to be expelled by the Ministry of Truth any day now.

• According to some women, not being catcalled can be and usually is a good thing. You should be happy that you aren't catcalled. With that said, just because you don't get catcalled doesn't mean that you aren't pretty. I've walked past many pretty women and I haven't heard really any catcalling. Maybe it's where I live, but I'm just telling you how I see it.

• How are we supposed to know lol? we can't see you, and being wolf whistled or catcalled can be a good or bad thing depending on where you live, in a place like New York it's probably no a good thing but here in my town it is a good thing.

• I dont really catcall a girl across the street if that's what you mean bit I don't live in the city. So if I find a girl is attractive I'll approach her

• First time I've ever heard a complaint about NOT being catcalled.

Are you sad you're not getting the attention of stupid people?

• Do you put yourself in a position to be? Like do you wear sexy tights or skimpy shorts and go jogging around your neighborhood?

• Sometimes at night

• No, see you're doing it all wrong then. You have to do it during the afternoon when people are coming home from work. Then you get the young trade apprentices wolf whistling and cat calling you.

• I can't tell you have no pic to show us guys

• It's because catcalling doesn't happen as often as the idiots on the Internet make it out to be. Sure it does happen but let's face it, most women only get catcalled in cartoons.

• No. People respect you as an independent strong woman! Ask any feminist and you are living the dream...

• Catcalling is wrong I guess 😕 normal people don't catcall

• Hey!

How you doin?

• post a pic let us see

• What is catcall?

• How do we know without a picture?

• Do you want to get catcalled? I'm confused. I thought girls hated that.

• Yeah you're probably a munter,

• U gotta know what guys like nowadays, and ask urself do u have it?

• The #yesallwomen people will get really pissed if they hear you say this.

• Can't see only me?

What Girls Said 12

• Uh lol, you shouldn't base your level of attractiveness on sleazy men who make creepy approaches. It all depends on where you live and which places you frequently go to. If you live in a smaller town with safe streets and more introverted people, then it's obvious that you're not going to get catcalled, even if you look like a model.
    Getting catcalled is not a compliment and it definitely does not (usually) have anything to do with what you look like. Men who catcall only do so to act dominant, to express power over you. It's like "I'm going to say whatever the fuck I want about you/your body and you'll just have to take it, because you're a woman and this is a "compliment" haha". It's sleazy, creepy and unwanted. That's not the sort of thing you should get validation from. Work on that confidence of yours.

• being cat called or not has nothing to do with how pretty u are.
    trust me, it isn't flattering either.

• Here click on this link find my option and I'll explain how to add pics 😊
    www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1508274-how-to-add-a-picture-to-a-opinion

• Don't encourage them!

• I have never got catcalled and I'm actually happy this way.
    Why would you want to be catcalled every damn time by some horny guys that most likely have 0 brain cells?
    You can be pretty even if you don't get catcalled.
    As for how to post pictures on this site, you can either ask a new question and add a pic or post your pic on a site like imgur and send the link in the question update.

• No, it doesn't mean that. Perhaps you just live in an area with less horn dogs and more men with class and respect.

• Catcalling has nothing to do with looks. It really all depends on where you live and the places you go. But I will say the more conservative and covered up and matronly/mature looking that you look, less likely you will get catcalled.
    But i stress it has very little to do with looks. ^_^

• I think it depends on how a girl walks and what ahe wears more than what you look like. Don't worry your not missing out on anything.

• No...

That doesn't define if you're pretty or not but it is a turn off that you want to get cat called.

• You wanna get cat called?

• Hmm, I think so

• Guys only catcall to show off to their buddies. It's not a compliment, it's a power trip. Maybe you look really sweet and they feel guilty being an ass to you,