Would you lie in a job interview to get a £120000 a year job?

your lie wouldn't be found out and you would take it to the grave.
Downside you would be living a lie and probably screwed the chance for a genuinely deserving person to have that job.

The scenario:

You have all the qualifications and experiences needed for that job apart from a French language so you decide to lie about knowing French and intend to start crash learning French once you secure the job.

• I lie and take the job
  • On the fence
  • My concious wouldn`t allow for that

Most Helpful Girl

• Well if you crash course and you speak well enough for them to think you've been learning French, then it's not really lying and not taking someone else's chance. You just made it your own.

Most Helpful Guy

• I already know French anyway, but just don't have a certificate for it. So, in this scenario, I wouldn't even be lying- I'd just be omitting a minor detail of the truth which they didn't need to know anyway. After all, a £120,000 p/a ($173,810 p/a) job would almost certainly revolve around screwing people over anyway, as part of the job description.

What Girls Said 1

• I don't like lying. I would rather be honest.

What Guys Said 2

• Absolutely - given it would never be found out.

However, I took four courses in french in my high school; and frankly I would be found out since no crash course could offer me genuinely enough knowledge in French in order NOT to be found out

• Fuck yea