Why guys are unreachable when they are playing video games?

Most Helpful Guy

• When a game is being played live on the internet (which is the way most video games are played these days), there is no "pause" button. Or if there is you can only pause for 1-2 minutes at a time.

So we are in constant action without a break, so we can't contact you until that particular game session is over.

Most Helpful Girl

• Lol, I dunno why. Every day when I Skype with my best friend, he is always on his Xbox and it drives me nuts because I try talking to him and I have to wait until he's done a game so he can concentrate, haha.

What Guys Said 15

• cause im in the middle of this fucking raid son!

• It's because I'm attempting to rid the world of evil and villainy. I'm a hero who is saving the world which is something a lot of people wish they were in real life.

• Why 'PEOPLE' are unreachable when they are playing video games? *Fixed*
    It's simple, the brain tends to zone out incoming senses when focused on a heavily laden or highly stimulating task (Video Games, TV, Sex etc.)

• A. THERE IS NO PAUSE BUTTON! You go afk, you ruin it for everyone else in a multiplayer game. Obviously doesn't apply to single player games
    B. We just want to finish things before moving on. It's like doing a task only 60% and then go do something else... Leaving unfinished business bothers us

• Because they're immature. I stopped playing video games years ago because I realized it's a waste of time

• Because they're concentrating. Pretty simple.

• Listen to a girl rant for 3 hours or play Mass Effect for 3 hours?

• Depends on the game chief.

• That's like asking someone to just stop what their doing to tend to you.

• I can carry a conversation fine while playing, but yeah, I'm not gonna dick around with my phone.

• because we're in the fuckin zone

• People should seriously look up what it means to be "In the zone". It's an actual psychological phenomenon

• @M_A_X i know right. like, she's a lucky a girl if i pause 2k to respond to her text

• our mentality changes we feel the game you might find what i am saying stupid but it's true

• cause im in the zone bitch!

• It is usually due to the lack of a pause button.

• Think we need to change guys to gamers.

Aaand if you're not a gamer you probably won't get it.
    It's like someone trying to stop you in the middle of a basketball match (with the other people still playing or wanting to play) to discuss the most mundane things.

What Girls Said 3

• Eh, unless they're really into it and can't pause it.

• I don't know! I tend to do the same!

• Not sure this is just a guy thing. I don't like being bothered when I'm playing a game either. But there are definitely ways around it.