What do you think about people who leave dogs (or any animal) on the side of the road?

Are they the worst kind of person in the world? Or not the worst, but still pretty bad?
What do you think about people who leave dogs (or any animal) on the side of the road?Would you pull over to save the animal? Or simply drive on by expecting someone else to do it.

Most Helpful Girl

• OMG Those pictures are so heartbreaking! :( I could never leave an injured animal. I have even pulled over to help an injured bird, and one time a mouse. So i would never turn a "blind eye" if i saw an injured dog. It is an automatic response for me to stop and help any animal. I would even take it to the vets at my own expense. I love all animals. I hate any form of animal cruelty

• I'm not laughing at you but omgee that was so cute, you stopped to help a mouse :D you're such a kind and caring human being! how did you even see the mouse though?

• @apple24

I'm too compassionate at times , it can be a weakness sometimes , but I'll never change now. Lol 👑🍏

• aw...(: simply beautiful!!

Most Helpful Guy

• Yup I would pull over in a heartbeat and take the dog myself, I hate those kinds of people, horrible human beings to do that to an animal. I've already rescued about 3-4 dogs that have gotten lost, and two of my own pets are like the ones in this video one is rescue form a person or family similar to the kinds of people who did what we see in those photo's, and another is was just left outside, kicked out, it's horrible.

What Girls Said 17

• They're pretty bad! I feel so bad for the animals that get dropped off somewhere and aren't sure where they are so they just wait, hoping, praying their family comes back to get them. And the animal refuses to leave! It just breaks my heart!

I would never abandon my animal like that. I know sometimes people have to surrender their animals, but that's not the way to do it!

• I will hunt them down, blindfold them, shove them into the trunk of my car, drive out to the absolute middle of nowhere, strip them of their belongings, and toss them out there with no marker signs in sight.

• this is why i love you.

passion baby

• I figured you had a heart for animals. Persius is loved by a good person.

hope I got his name right lol

• You did! 😌

• Breaks my heart :(

• it's a difficult thought to bear

• Naww 😓 I think coming across something like that would be terrible. I would pick the poor thing and care for it. Firstly take the poor thing to my friends vet clinic 😞

• This makes me so sad. They could at least take the animals to a shelter. I know some shelters aren't good either, but at least they won't be on the side of the road.

• Those people are shitty excuses for humans, they are the scum of the Earth.
    If your going to be so messed up as to desert a poor innocent animal at least have some decency and bring it to the shelter. I would pick up an animal on the side of the road and foster it until I can find it a home.

• thats awesome. and you wouldn't care if people tried to tell you no right. like a what if situation, your parents might forbid it

• I wouldn't care and I'm sure my parents would be fine, I volunteer at a local animal shelter in my area and I absolutely love it. Helping animals is a passion of mine, I can't even stand to see people who return animals to the shelters (why give them a home and then take it away?) so people not even caring enough to bring them in to the shelter enrages me. My parents also like animals and they know I have quite a lot of experience, particularly with dogs, so if I were to find a stray and offer it shelter until I find him or her a suitable home, they would likely agree to it. Even if they didn't, I'd find a way, perhaps a friend will take him or her in for a little bit. Heck, I'd be willing to pay with my own money for the pet to stay in a pet hotel until I find a good home for them.

• thats really nice. It's cool your parents are chill about it, yeah that was just a "what if" scenario. If I were in that situation, while my parents will most likely be against me bringing a stray dog into the house, I don't think they'd force me to put it back on the street. But they for sure wouldn't be happy about it.

• Yeah, the absolute worst. My mom found a kitten on a road surrounded by corn fields. It turned out to be the sweetest and cutest thing ever. He loved people even though he was abandoned.

• I think child abuser are the worst kind of people in the world but yes, people who do that have no heart.

• i do not dare to post some child abusing pics lol. but yeah those people are worse.

• I think they are a-holes.

• I'd do everything I can for a dog.. this post made me so sad.. 😢😢

• 0|1
  • Irresponsible

• Assholes. End of story.
    I would. And have.

• you have already. up top *respect*

• i feel like if I rescued a dog and then kept it as my own, that would be the ultimate bonding experience.

• It really is. Honestly.

• heartless... i can stand those people. it hurts me.

• Of course I would save it. Who would do such a terrible thing to an innocent animal.

• well there are people who have already done it, so quite a few I suppose

• True but its terrible.

• they're sick individuals, end of

• Help the dog and then get it a home. Then find the owner and make it feel the same pain :)

What Guys Said 9

• It would never happen but what I would do to people who abuse animals is do the exact same to them.

• drop them off on the side of the road?

• I was thinking, chain them and leave them to starve

• ahhh. well I guess some people pay for that kind of torture, or in their case I should say pleasure lol.

• It makes me sick and they should spend some time in Jail for it like at least 90 days or more

• 90 days or more, damn.

• There is a price to pay for leaving your family pet for dead on the side of the road knowing Its will prob die and the poor dog it breaks my heart as I type this knowing how it must feel

• It's awful and I would most likely stop if the animal was injured

• thats good on you man

• Those people are fucked up I don't know how people could do this, GOD 😠
    And of course I'd pull over to save an animal did it twice already

• how did that go? saving those 2 animals

• nice job man. no wonder women love you

• Lol thanks 😄😛

• No don't make me cry T_T

• that they are horrible people who have no hearts

• I hate them

• Either don't take a pet, but if you take one then be a faithful owner till death does you apart,

• They deserve to die.

Now with that extreme opinion out of the way: Unless it is in my own neighborhood I would most likely drive on.

If it is close to where I live I have found the stray dog from time to time (although it has always been a question of an open door or alike and the dog going for a tour, often with the people out looking for it).

It is just tricky getting involved when you know nothing about it. I would certainly help a wounded one though.