Flat on mid-level of high-rise or or 3-story townhouse?

same size but different setup.

flat has balcony big enough to put a bbq, chaise lounge, potted tree, etc.

townhouse has roof deck to hang laundry, bbq, etc. plus a tiny garden near the front door.

please state reasons if possible.

• flat
  • townhouse

Most Helpful Guy

• It all comes down to quality of construction as regards the mid-level flat. If the building is of wood frame construction you'll be able to hear your neighbors fart. Though the free entertainment is tempting, you'll enjoy life much more if the demising walls are of masonry construction.

The three-story townhouse is more likely to have masonry party walls, and it seems a more prudent choice would be this unit. Once you get to know your neighbors you can invite them to dinner and hear them fart in person... Yes, most definitely the townhouse.

• yes
      i know what you mean
      my neighbors are used to hearing my vocals lol but i never hear theirs

• yeah i should feel more shame

• No! You should be charging admission! Never sing for free!! ; - )

Most Helpful Girl

• I live in a dense urban area with tons of new residential high rises but that is not for me. I have a dog and I don't want to have to take a long elevator ride to my car or every time I walk my dog. Plus he HOA fees are insane in those buildings. They can easily be over $10,000 a year.

Instead I just bought a place a mile east in a hipster neighborhood with a tiny yard and garage with a park my dog can run in. The only downside to it is I don't have a pool.

What Guys Said 5

• I'd go with the townhouse. I like having multiple floors, especially if you live with others. You could have two places with comparable square footage and most times the multi-level one will seem bigger, and you're not all on top of each other all the time. Also, not having neighbors above you is key. The roof deck sounds cool too👍

• I have rented an apartment for many years and would never do it again unless I lived on the TOP floor because of too many idiots that lived above me over the years and were loud and thumpy all the time. Go for the townhouse.

• Townhouse with three floors will give you the opportunity to break up/decorate each level to your taste.

• I don't know I'd say it depends on the climate I don't know how the climate is in Japan, but if its fair weather I'd say flat house.

• Taunhausu hou ga ii desho.

What Girls Said 1

• I have lived in a townhouse and apartments... I guess for now I'd say flat, one story. Like a craftsman style ranch home sounds pretty nice.