Real men and real women?

Why is it that People cheer when you say "Real men don't hit their wives"
But when you say "Real women don't fart" everybody be like "eh.. its natural"

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't hit men, so I can expect them not to hit me. If you don't fart, then I suppose you can expect women around you not to fart.
    But don't hold others to a standard that you're not willing or able to achieve yourself.

Most Helpful Guy

0/2500

Send It!

What Girls Said 8

• "real women don't fart"
    - said no one ever. lol.

• Well, there's hitting yr wife and there's hitting yr wife.

If you watch old Hollywood films, you'll see the male protagonists occasionally slap the female leads for getting shirty. The slap is a bit shocking, but it's PERFECTLY CONTROLLED, and it is NOT abusive.
    Yes, most of the acting in old movies is bad, and over-the-top and campy. But, this. This is good.

The key here is NOT LOSING CONTROL. That is a thing that's possible to do. It can actually be a tool for communication. Not everyone is willing to even consider this possibility -- mostly because of what they've been taught, by others, about what constitutes abuse and what doesn't -- but, it's a thing.

LOSING CONTROL and hitting yr wife is abuse and should never be tolerated.
    Hollywood-film-slap is not abuse.

You're not exactly helping, though, by drawing a comparison with farting, of all things. You at least should've put SOME effort into finding a decent analogy, dude.

• it s natural to hit your wife? xD
    lucky the girl who d be in your arms takumii

• Anger is natural.. Just like fart. Controlling it is the point.

• Your just sexist, it is no natural for women to join the police and army but they do, and it is downright disgusting for a woman to swear and get drunk. but rape can be seen as natural as it happens throughout all forms of life.

• @Timesplitters21 say what? I am not following...
      I am sexist? from what you described you re sexist lol

• So you would hit your wife?

• Because abusing those weaker than you is bad and farting is funny.

• What a strange comparison. Do you fart? If you do then you know why women fart. Our genitals are different but our digestive systems are the same and work the same.

• Lol that's just a VERY shitty comparison, just saying.

• didn't realise hitting people is a natural function of the body that is completely out of your control. Try holding in your fart all day long and see how great that feels.

What Guys Said 6

• I don't get why people cheer at a man that don't hit his woman.. That should be natural to not hit. I cheer for women that don't fart around their guys though :)

• Because the first statement is an opinion, and the second is factually incorrect because everyone farts.

• Because people expect men to abide by their old gender roles while women are free to choose.

• Hitting your wife is volitional. Farting isn't.

• I am a real man and I smack my girl all the time...

• Being a man or woman is totally biological, I don't get that shit.