Which gender lies more?

Which gender lies more?🤔 And why do you say that?

• Men lie more than women
  • Women lie more than men

Most Helpful Guy

• Women. This has a clear scientific basis- honesty is linked to the prefrontal cortex of the brain, and tests show that those individuals who have lower levels of brain activity in their prefrontal cortexes are less capable of being honest. It is well-established that the brain’s dorsolateral prefrontal cortex is important for exerting control over automatic impulses, including control over the automatic impulse to compulsively lie whenever it’s advantageous for you to lie.

This region of the brain keeps us honest. And men in general have far higher levels of brain activity concentrated in this region of the brain, the prefrontal cortex, which governs male thought processes; whereas females have a far wider and more even distribution of brain activity through the rest of the brain, particularly in the limbic system, meaning that emotional impulses- including the impulse to lie- govern female thought processes to a far greater extent.

• This is so informative👍🏼 Thank you for sharing

• Ah, I wondered. You have an awfully black and white viewpoint.

• Personally, I don't ever lie. So I'm not sure how true this is. I mean, sure, the casual harmless little white lie like when you say the Easter bunny is real for children. But an actual lie? I don't. I'm exceptionally honest.

Although, there of course will be exceptions. Men that lie a lot, and women that don't lie at all (or that often).

Most Helpful Girl

• I think women lie more because from personal experience guys can be more "brutally" honest.

What Guys Said 26

• I dunno, I think men lie WAY more.

"Does this dress make my ass look fat?" "Is she hotter than me?" "How does it taste?" "Am I fun?" "Am I starting to look like my mother?" "What are you thinking about?" "Do guys really think threesomes are hot?"

Etc, etc.

• I am not sure on that one, but would say in my view it is men who lie more because a lot of women want a commitment.. and are very upfront as far as being truthful.. where as some males in my view only want the sex part and will seem honest to the female to sway her a bit.. but a lot of them do not want a commitment.. then again I have met some women that can lie and do just as well if not better then men

• Women lie more, but men are worst at it.

• This is no contest. It is WOMEN hands down!!

• WOMEN!!
    haha
    "everything is fine, dont worry about it" LIE
    "you dont have to get me anything for my birthday if you dont want to" LIE
    "i've only slept with 2 guys" LIE
    lmao!

• everyone knows its women

• The others lie more , of course.

• Gender has no bearing. No way to know which actually does.(It's hard to get an honest survey when everyone would be lying)

• Womeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen

• I don't think you can generalize something like that.

• Everybody lies. Sometimes men and women lie in different ways, or about different things, but everyone can be equally dishonest. Human beings have a sickness.

• Men. I know by experience.

Because women ask us the worst questions

• Women lie more than men

• We all lie.

• Guys
    Women like to ask those trap questions, so we have to lie to get out of it

Women tend to be much better liars though, so they may top men, but not get caught as much as men do

• For women lying can be a defense mechanism or hides senditive info.

• Who hasn't lied yet?

• Women lie more for and one reason being is that they're more afraid of confrontation. You add a little white lie here and there just so you don't upset the other person. Guys often don't give a fuck, we've learned how to be MEN and face things face on

• The poll speaks for itself

• Men, men are worse

• Women lie a lot and they then try and take the moral high ground by saying they only did it because they didn't want to hurt your feelings.

• Well that's easily women.

• Factually, women

• from experience i would say everyone lies but women do it often , guys lie about simple things and some like me can establish a well told lie but most dont really lie that much as for girls... they lie often and for everything , trust me i know, but iam very persuative when i want to be.

• Dat dere cheeky women

• Women lie a lot more than men, can be very sneaky and manipulative as well as hide things from their partner!!!

• Thanks for the likes :-)

What Girls Said 17

• Absolutely 100% women.

Multiple reasons.

We fudge the truth all the time (lies)
    We lie to protect men's egos
    We lie to salvage relationships
    We lie to make friends
    We lie to protect our image
    We lie all the time

We are crafty liars about everything lmao

• I think men, on average, lie to women (in relationships) more than women lie to men. And also, men probably just lie more in general.

This is a study in which people were asked about their lying habits. Kinda funny, haha. But men did admit to lying more.
    www.cbsnews.com/.../

Then I found this one that said women lie more. But we do it to be nice and trying to make situations go smoother/social harmony, not so much to gain anything or wiggle out of responsibility.
    www.theguardian.com/.../women-lie-untruths-human
    After reading both results, I think I probably do lie to my partner more and for those exact reasons as the second article said. I just want him to feel at ease.

• Couldn't people lie during answering? How could that be accurate?

• @DBAOracle You do have a point. I just feel like if people knew it was for a study, they would be more honest. Kinda like when studies are done on how many high school students/college students cheat. Those numbers are pretty high. (75-98% reporting they did cheat in high school)

web.stanford.edu/class/engr110/cheating.html (why I said that+a hell of a lot of cheating facts)

• Yeah, I guess. There's no full-proof way that I can think of to get more accurate results anyways.

• I don't think that your socially constructed gender identity has any bearing on how much you lie.

• I can't really tell. I've had to deal with both genders lying a lot. I can't really tell which one lies more. I might be slightly leaning more towards women though.

• I think both genders lie about equally as much but women are better at it so it might seem like men lie more because you can often tell when they do.. 💁🏻

• Women lie more than men, so much so they can't even tell when they're lying to themselves.

• When I'm on a date I never tell the truth.

• most of the guys vote against women and half of the girls do too, y'all gender traitors. boys lie more... it's final

• It's impossible to know

• women

• Women. We are better at it.

• Women. :p

• Men lie wayyy more

• Women lie more

• More politicians are men, so that sways the vote. 😝

• I would say that I think women lie more, but for smaller things. Men are way more straightforward, but when men lie, it's big ones, like cheating.

• I think it depends more on the person than the gender. Everyone can lie, either white lies to make others feel better, or lie to manipulate to get what they want. Some are compulsive liars.