Is having a lot of sarcasm a turn off in the opposite gender?

• Yes. It can be very annoying and it's a Turn off.
  • Not a turn off.
  • I actually like it, it's a turn on!
  • Other/Results.

Most Helpful Guy

• R u referring to yourself?

Cuz honestly I haven't seen u be sarcastic once xD

• i'm not sarcastic haha just in general, I was wondering if it's considered attractive or not, I'm only sarcastic with my siblings, other than that I usually keep it for myself haha

• Just saying funny stuff without really making fun of someone, I don't know, I knew people who just said funny stories and all, without using sarcasm, you can die of laughter :p

• Doesn't have to make fun of someone! Just needs to be sarcastic!

Most Helpful Girl

• No. My humor is so sarcastic and my friend is so slow to catch it (even when I make it beyond obvious) It's a huge buzzkill when someone doesn't get sarcasm. It's so simple to see... It's a turn on for me. 1) because my closest friends are opposite, so it would be rare thus desirable 2) it's smart, it's quick, it's fun

What Guys Said 26

• Sarcasm is a very delicate implement. It must be handled with care.

• Crap I read it as "Orgasm" LOL.

• That's funny I read her name as 'ElissaDildo'

• @RasmusAiken I hear that's where 'legionnaires disease' started.

• lol, I saw it as orgasm first too

• Depends... if they do too... then its just like taking pot shots at each other. it could be quite fun actually.

• I actually like it, it's a turn on!

• I find it very funny so probably a turn on

• Not at all... I deal in sarcasm, so it is always welcome. My girlfriend and I have lots of sarcastic banter. I find it keeps things fresh and fun!

• It depends on the girl and the context. If she is a nice girl, then it can be humorous and attractive. However, if she is a mean girl, then it can become extremely hurtful and make you feel like nothing you ever do is good enough for her.

• Nah i like that when she got a sharp tongue :)

• Everything is bad when used too much

• I love sarcasm coming both ways. My group of buddies are very sarcastic to each other. As a result, I tend to gravitate towards girls who are also pretty sarcastic themselves.
    But, people often get offended at my use of sarcasm, at times.

• It's fine as long as it doesn't turn overly obnoxious. There's nothing wrong having a sarcastic sense of humor, and even condescending depending on the context cause, well, I'm like that myself sometimes lol

• I can't say its a turn on but I find it quite amuzing...

• Hmm usually, i would suggest simply letting it slide and avoid doing this.

• hell no :D i like that kind of humor a lot.

• you have to know how to control it , it can also spice up a conversation. You know keeping it "interesting" if used correctly

• Sometimes it can be, other times not...

Which doesn't help you, but it's the truth in my experience...

• It depends actually but I don't like sarcasm on normal bases

• It will actually translate to flirty most likely

• Sarcasm is my first language and I enjoy the company of others who practice it.

• Nah I love a good amount of sarcasm :p
    I like to use it every now and then too

• No, I'm a sarcastic shit talker so I love it ahha

• Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit.

• How do you know people aren't giving sarcastic poll responses?

• Yes , at least to me.

• I put can be great and terrible. Depends on the skill and how it's used

• Depends on the person, some like , some hate.

What Girls Said 9

• I love sarcasm and humor in general from guys. I hope it's not a turn-offs because I'm pretty sarcastic.

• I like it but not so much where its going to drive me mad! hahah

• It's a turn on to me unless it becomes "too much" sarcasm.

• The question should read is a turnoff to the opposite gender. Just another reason why there is too much stupidity on this website

• I know that my English is not perfect but it's my third language and I doubt that you're as fluent as me in your third language, if you a have a third language of course 💁🏻

• I don't know how to speak it so pardon my grammar. Of course I don't know how to understand it because it is my fifth language. But stupidity to ask the question about sarcasm regarding a language that is foreign to you. Obviously you don't understand what's going on in that language. Yes I am coming down in anger because it is a dumb question because you are speaking about sarcasm in a language that is not your own. And then as an excuse you readily say it's not your own language. You have a lot of gall to ask dumb questions regarding a language that you do not understand and then claim that I am the one who was at fault. That is total stupidity. I accept the fact that English is not your first language and that is okay. Why then would you criticize a language which you don't understand in the first place. Why not say I don't understand the language and I cannot make a differentiation between sarcasm and reality. Please help. No instead you come down on the language

• Wow, I'm laughing at how you're taking a single mistake so personally and got so offended to the point of writing a whole article as a response. Your pathetic and I feel sorry for you. Now Ciao Bitch, go do something more productive in your life instead of crying over a question on GaG LOL.
      Oh yeah I wrote YOUR Pathetic, no go cry about it somewhere else.
      media.giphy.com/media/11wsZr0jbXc15m/giphy.gif

• If it gets to the point that it hurts peoples feelings a lot, then yes.

• eywa sassy sarra ;) ;)
    I think you re pretty nice so I doubt your sarcasm will come off as mean/rude.
    basically it will come off as teasing, humor which is nice :)

• I like it. I'm very sarcastic so a guy who isn't might get upset over it

• Sarcasm is like mustard, it must be used in moderation.

• I don't like that it's a negative form of humor meant to demean the receiving person in a laughable way. In my experiences, people who constantly use sarcasm as their main form of humor tend to just not be intelligent enough to use more witty forms of humor, so they resort to sarcasm instead. Unintelligence is a turn-off. So no, I don't find people who use sarcasm all the time attractive.