What do you think about ''reverse racism''?

This ''reverse racism'' thing makes me so mad. Racism isn't reverse when the victim is white. It's just plain, regular racism. Judging someone because of their skin color? You're racist, it doesn't matter if they're white, black, green or orange.

Most people who say they don't believe in reverse racism mean that you actually, literally can't be racist against a white person. Usually, they're the same people who insist that the Founding Fathers are evil monsters because some of them owned slaves and that George Washington ''signed the Fugitive Slave Act.''. I was shocked no one called them out on this bullshit. That act passed 51 years after Washington's death! Did he rise from the grave to drag people back into slavery? Stop victimizing yourself, black people. No one's denying what you went through, but you're kind of going overboard by saying white people can only be oppressors and you the oppressed.

*some black people. I' not telling you all do it. No need to be offended.

Most Helpful Guy

• Racism is racism period, regardless of who it is perpetrated by and who it is perpetrated against. So I agree with you at least in that regard. The problem however is many people tend to erroneously think that because one group was victimized, it is okay for them to in turn behave immorally toward others, as if two wrongs made a right. But clearly this is not the case. Wrong will always be wrong no matter what.

What Guys Said 10

• " Stop victimizing yourself, black people."

thanks, as a black man who has never claimed anything about the Fugitive Slave act or suggested that reverse racism doesn't exist, i'll duly note this and appreciate you lumping me in with the apparent billions of black people

yes reverse racism (aka racism) is evil... i don't see the point, benefit or value of a post like this that probably is directed at a tiny portion of people but generalized to include every black person in america

• I'm talking about black people who do it

• You can't talk about "black" people who do it. It's just people doing it. Doesn't matter what race, everyone disagrees about somethings and it's not right to categorize. Why do you even care anyway? If the subject bothers you don't ask why just avoid it. Problem solved and you save yourself from looking like I'm sorry to say.. Oh wait I'm not, an idiot.

• There are so many things wrong with this comment. I'm just gonna block you.

• I would suspect anyone using the phrase "reverse racism" of being a racist.

• I thought reverse racism only meant basically black folks and people from other races saying whites are evil and monsters because of what they did on the past. I'm not sure if that's what it means basically, but you are right racism is racism and that's it.

• Good take.

• Are you oppressed by black people?

• Defined similarly as "reverse sexism"? The term, is already ridiculous. Just "racism" works fine.

• Racism is racism, period

• People who assert that only white people can be racist are using a modern sociology department definition of racism, as opposed to using the word the way most of us would.

Specifically they are using 'racism' the way feminists use 'patriarchy', i. e. referring to what they perceive as a comprehensive cultural system to oppress other races to benefit whites. Since the 'system' is built to make whites on top, black people might be prejudiced, but can't be 'racist'.

So the misunderstanding is as a starting point, about semantics.

Whether you believe such a system is a fundamental element of our society, or if you think a few hundred years ago one group of white people owned slaves, and then stopped owning them and basically just cut them loose and forgot about them, or somewhere in between, is a different question.

• Yeah it's just racism. Black people can be such hypocrites cause they all the time mock white people and say nigga but think white people can't say nigga and generally try to act like they are better because they are black.

If you're going to preach equality try practicing what you preach and don't mock or deride someone cause they're white. It just shows you really are hateful against white people.

• People sometimes embrace the derogatory words used against them, like the n-word or dyke. It's not offensive if used by someone in the community.

• Nowhere near as prevalent as our racism towards non-whites and nowhere near as effective either. Whites still dominate by far

What Girls Said 9

• I think that the term "reverse racism" is used by unintelligent, racially illiterate individuals who most likely think they sound smart when in actual reality, they look immensely unaware. The whole idea that "reverse racism" is true insists that the only people capable of being racist are white which is false considering there are plenty of racist East Indians, Asians, and Arabs to name a few. Therefore any time someone is racist against a white person, it's "racism in reverse." -_- SO stupid.

However, your notion that black people are victimizing themselves is an indication that you lack empathy and want them to stay silent about their experiences so that you can feel more comfortable. That's disgustingly self-absorbed.

• No, I'm not saying they shouldn't talk about things. They should. I'm just saying the concept of reverse racism victimizes PoC

• Very dramatic comment. 😑

• If you're just here to comment on my attitude, please leave.

• It's so stupid. It's just racism, reverse racism is just something people made up so that they some how seem different to other races. "I'm saying something bad about a minority, thats racism" "I'm saying something bad about white people, that's not racism that's REVERSE racism".

It doesn't make any sense.

• I don't understand that term. Racism is racism.

• It's racism also. You have the same concept with the political correct expression called "positive discrimination". Still discrimination.

• There's no such thing as "reverse racism" by definition. Racism is racism, no matter who's the bully or who's the victim.

• I agree. Racism is racism, regardless of who it's against.

• i don't mind it
    \

• If you don't want to perpetuate racism or things of that nature, why do you say, "stop victimizing yourself, black people." I'm a black person who has never used this logic or the N word, or any of the other millions of things SOME people seem to loop me into because of my skin color. You want to know what pisses me off... having people wanting me to constantly apologize or explain crap I have never done as a black person. We are not all one person, nor do I have to speak for, defend against, or explain the actions of some black person I've never met before anymore than you do, your race. If you want to fix the racism problems of the world, start with yourself, and your own attitudes towards it and other people.

• I was talking about black people who do it. If you don't, then simply move on, it isn't directed towards you.

• yeah, except you didn't say that, did you. In fact, you didn't differentiate multiple times. Again, we're not all one person. You'd be good to remember that if you have true intentions to stop racism and racist behavior, etc. We do not have to speak for our entire race or defend it. If you have a problem with "some" people, be sure to take it up with them and not just group everyone together because you wouldn't like that.

• I'm not doing that. Take it as whatever you will, I know what I mean.

• Yea, people, especially black people, should stop saying that POV can't be racist towards white people.

• Oh fuck, *POC

• People who say people pull the race card are usually the ones who don't want them to talk at all. I thought you meant that.

• No, not at all. :)