Why guys hate makeup so much?

every post that I see in here the guys are like you should wear less makeup, if it isn't exaggerated what's the problem? and what would be the ideal makeup?

Most Helpful Guy

• It feels like a lie to me. Like that's not what your face actually looks like. That's not you. And it can't be healthy for your face. You're literally rubbing chemicals all over your face. And not like nice water soluble chemicals but minerals. That can't be healthy. And it's all for the sake of tricking people into believing you look better than you actually do. But you can't live with the makeup on so eventually I'm gonna see your real face. If you're bad at makeup then it won't make you look much better than your actual face. Which kinda makes it seem pointless. If you are good at it I'd just end up getting pissed because I feel like I've been trapped. It's not like I can go "Whoa you're ugly without your makeup". Although to be honest I've never met someone that's that good at makeup. I've been argued with enough to quit trying to argue. It's not my face so it's not my decision. But I'm pretty certain I'll always hate makeup. It's deceptive, unhealthy and ridiculously expensive for some colorful dirt you rub on your face.

• but most girls who wear makeup aren't afraid to go without it. they wear it to look presentable or look their best to attract just like wearing a nice outfit, shaving, wearing perfume, etc does. why is makeup considered fake but removing ur body hair not?
      and its not necessarily unhealthy depending on what u get. plus, girls who do makeup often have a great skincare routine.

• I don't remove my body hair. I trim it to keep it easier to clean but I don't shave it off. Shaving my facial hair often leads to ingrown hairs and because of that I've never asked a woman to shave anything for me. I actually find it kind of weird. But what bothers me is exactly what you said. Women wear makeup to look presentable as if bare skin isn't just as presentable as wearing makeup. I know some women aren't afraid to go without it but there's a very large percentage of women that ARE. The vast majority of my problem with makeup isn't women wearing it it's the industries selling it. The industry keeps telling women that makeup heightens their beauty and in my opinion it does little to nothing and feeds the cycle of skin care products. No one would need those cleaning regimens if they weren't putting unhealthy things on thier face in the first place. And there's a huge percentage of young girls that can't afford or don't understand this cycle of concealing and cleaning.

• This is my opinion about makeup. This is how I feel personally but I don't believe this is a big enough problem to even bother arguing over. If girls want to use it that's fine. I have no problem dating a girl who likes wearing makeup. I personally just don't like it.

Most Helpful Girl

• Because *some guys feel like it's "false advertising", but I would say those who think girls look the same with make up vs without are delusional. Also though sometimes it annoying because I get my foundation on my boyfriends shirt lol.

What Guys Said 13

• i think most guys just want a girl to look somewhat natural and use makeup only to compliment or accentuate a feature but not alter it... it's not a perfect comparison but imagine a guy walked around with a giant sock stuffed in their underwear. 1. girls would be disappointed and mislead if they found out he was essentially lying about his physical size or 2. if they knew it was a sock they might be turned off that a guy felt the need to try and hide what he really was like

• so are u just talking about heavy makeup that seems like it adds features like cheekbones?

• yeh i think i get u. i would assume most girls would let u see them without makeup at some point tho. i dont think a girls purpose is deception directly, itsj ust she wants her best chance at men noticing her + self confidence. personally, i pretty much only like makeup to clean up flaws i couldnt succeed with through medication and skincare (acne scars). but lip colors are really fun to me.

• @Ghosted i don't think girls necessarily intend to deceive... some probably want to hide certain features or whatever... but not most

• I feel that a lot of guys are unaware of the differences in makeup. We just hate the super exaggerated types of makeup. I think the make up should be something close to the girls skin tone and highlight her features is good. Personally I do not care much about how much makeup she has unless it looks super caked on

• most of the boobs on here who say they don't like makeup don't actually realize that most of the girls they think aren't wearing makeup actually have makeup on.

• Some of us want to see your real face, free of makeup. Why? because thats more of the real "you". A guy can wear all the expensive suits in the world to look fine and dashing, but women real women see through that. They see the person.

I guess it is the same story with makeup and all attire, etc.

• yeapp and its even true with body hair removal, wearing deodorant, wearing cologne/perfume, getting hair styled or cut in a stylish way, etc. tbh we all do fake things. its kinda a form of self expression.

• Simple makeup isn't an issue. Mascara, lipstick, a bit of blush and you're out the door in a couple minutes. Spending 20 or 30 minutes fussing over your face makes you seem vain and insecure.

It's unattractive when you can see it caked on, or if it's something like the godawful racoon eyes. Makeup can be used to highlight your features or it can be used as a mask. Using it as a mask is what most guys don't like.

• I dont really care if a girls wears make-up or not. A few pimples dont make a girl unattractive its just human nature. What does bother me is when a girl is scared of going outside without make up and i need to wait for 20min for her to put her make-up on.

• On some they paint it on and look like the Joker

And makeup is sort of a lie and we don't like lies I guess

• It harmful to health and moreover it goes extreme glittering which looks odd for me

• Because your natural beauty is better ;)

• Because it's fake. False advertising. Let me see your real face and what you actually look like.

• Men like to see the real deal because that is what their kids will look like.

• It gives women such an inflated ego, when they take it off they generally look average or sick.

• Ideal makeup would be either barely visible or not visible at all. We just don't like paint on a girl's face. Same for nails I don't really like nail polish except a French manicure cause it looks more natural at a glance.

I get it though that girls like to wear it for themselves, just understand if you want to please your man ask him what he likes in terms of makeup. Just like I will ask my girlfriend what she wants me to wear even though I have my own style I still try to look good for her.

What Girls Said 8

• hahah! they think its deceiving! haha! I don't know maybe!

• i think the ones who hate it so much think its false advertising. they want a girl who looks hot without makeup. other guys dont like too much makeup on their girlfriends but are prob fine with it when it comes to attraction

• I guess cause they prefer natural beauty.

• I don't think guy hate makeup. I think he confused haha. I think many hate obvious makeup that is a lot. Girl know that foundation and natural makeup need to make look better ^^

• I have no idea. No one would want to see my acne scars. Makeup looks better for me lol.

• My boyfriend doesn't like it because it leaves marks on his face if we kiss or on his clothes. But he knows it makes me happy sooo

• a Japanese husband sued his wife after he found out her beauty was fake,, guys love natural face

• Yep I only wear tinted moisturizer that evens my skin tone (bb cream) and people think I don't wear makeup

Guys want to have their cake and eat it too. When girls don't wear makeup guys want to talk shit and when we do they still talk shit