Why do darkskin girls feel ugly? And want to be a different color :( ?

I have been hearing that a lot of darkskin girls hate their color and think they are unattractive why do you think this way?

Most Helpful Girl

• cuz lighter skin tones are most praised in pretty much all cultures across the globe. girls are sensitive af. hearing other ppls preferences all the time takes a toll on us cuz i guess nowadays we attach a lot of self worth to our beauty level to others.

• Do you have darkskin?

• in the middle :) i like my skin color. i was speaking on behalf of others

Most Helpful Guy

• I think they're SMOKIN' hot, and so do lot of other guys. Too many ignorant prejudices still kickin' around.

What Girls Said 10

• Because the media, society, and black culture (ingrained slave mentality of light is right) has told them they were ugly for generations.

• Because media portrays us that way.

• i wouldn't say all dark skin girls feel that way, but the ones that do i would say because of society. We live in a culture where people think white/light = beauty. Which isn't true in my opinion and this isn't only in the African American culture, but South East Asian culture, Asian culture, Hispanic culture we see these images in the media where they have representatives of light women in each of these cultures and rarely see dark skin women in those cultures. No one should feel that way all women especially women of color dark or light is beautiful period.

• Because of the media.

• Because humans are constantly not satisfied with what god gave them, instead of being thankful for being in good health, we want to tan to be darker, we want lighter skin, bigger boobs, smaller waist, bigger ass, bigger lips...

• I'm white and I wish I was darker lol and not tan darker. Dark skin women are beautiful and age very gracefully. Don't get me wrong I love who I am and proud but dammmn!

• I guess it something they have to learn to accept.

• I don't know, I find it sad since I think they can be really beautiful, too. I love Lupita Nyong'o, I think she's stunning.

• I don't know. I don't feel that way.

• Because the majority of guys do not like dark skin girls. If they do like black girls they only go for the lightskins and it kinda lowers a girls self esteem. Hell even black guys don't like dark skin girls. Again they go for the light ones or those of a different race altogether.

What Guys Said 6

• It's a shame isn't it? They have beautiful skin and there are lots of stunning, beautiful girls of all races.

• Yeah like that one girl who keeps getting on here asking if she looks like a different race.

I'm attracted to dark skinned girls. I guess society takes its toll though. Sad.

• It's because they believe not enough white guys or really light skinned guys are attracted to them. It's not like dark skinned girls would ever give a brown or dark skinned Indian guys a chance themselves. It's not like they would give brown or dark skinned guys of any other races outside of black guys a chance. It's not like they would give any East Asian guys a chance. Unless these guys are able to compensate their racial disadvantage by either height, muscles, or money that is. Dark skinned girls just wanna be accepted by white guys or really light skinned guys like how other girls of other races are accepted. Because there are more than enough guys who love dark skinned girls.

• Actually many dark skinned women are ok with dating anyone as long as they're treated with respect and loved.

• @xXiTacoXx Liek any woman?

• Like *

• Culture. Here in Brazil white girls feel ugly and men prefer dark skinned girls.

• Dark skin girls want to be lighter and light skin girls want to be darker. Girls just can't be happy with themselves.

• I feel the same way, but I'm fine with being an ugly black.
    I don't care if anything happened to me, I'm care free.

I don't care about diseases or encountering something dangerous and life threatening.

• You dont care to die?

• Yeah I don't, I'm a mess, I look like crap.