Coldest weather you've ever seen?

We're about to get another cold stretch here, around -30C (-22F). I know most of the users are American or from some other milder climate where anything even close to that is unheard-of.
Coldest I can remember is at least -45C (-49F), and around -55 (-67F) with the windchill.
What about you guys?

Most Helpful Girl

• When I lived in Minnesota, they had a really bad blizzard one year. It was incredibly cold. I don't remember the temp, though, just remember missing school due to the blizzard.

Most Helpful Guy

• The coldest I've ever experienced was when I lived in the US and it was around -25 C.. For me, that was already incredibly cold. Here in Switzerland, it's usually around 0 to -10 C. in the winter. Sometimes it goes up to +5 C. Unless you go skiing in the Alps where it can become very cold, Switzerland has pretty mild winters, despite the myth that it's super cold here ;-). However, in a way I wish we had colder winters. Not because I like the cold but because if you've got cold temperatures anyway, just let them be really cold. Like... at least in the northern states of the US and in Canada you get a lot of snow. That's really nice. Our winters are basically just like an endless November. It's very, very grey, it rains all the time and it's cold. Also, the rain isn't like a real shower, but it's just sort of a drizzle that goes on for the whole day. It's the type of weather that is nice for a week or two (you can just stay home and watch a lot of movies) but after a while you feel pretty depressed and down. I sometimes get pretty bad winter depressions during January/February. And also, for Americans (or Canadians) the cold isn't so bad because you go everywhere by car and you can just turn on the heating but I am not allowed to drive a car for medical reasons and so I have to ride my bike everywhere and riding your bike in this rainy, cold weather is very exhausting, even just for 20 minutes.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 3

• sorry, i can't see weather. the lowest i've been in is probably about -10... also, that is the prime reason why i'd never live in Canada or anywhere in the upper midwest and upper great planes.

• The lowest natural temperature I've experienced if -6F. But in Florida, I experienced -40F/C while helping someone repair a seafood plant's blast freezer. That was an extremely painful experience. Plus, it was in the summer. :-)

• In the 20s (f) right now in New York expecting 0 Sunday