What the weirdest thing you have eaten?

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• In Japan I was once staying at a five-star hotel with my best friend and we were served a whole fish. Now that might not sound particularly strange but when I say "whole", I mean whooole. The fish was baked but everything was still there. The head was still attached and so the fish was looking at us with its big eyes while we were trying to eat it. That alone would have been okay but more disturbingly, the intestines were also still in there. When trying to cut open the fish and take out the parts that were eatable (remember, this was Japan, so all we had were chopsticks, no knife and fork!), my friend accidentally ripped the large intestine and so all the poop of the fish came out and flowed over other parts that would've been eatable. I wasn't much luckier. While I wasn't confronted with poop, I got lots of little bones into my throat (ouch) and I accidentally ripped my fish's stomach, so all the contents of the stomach came out. All in all, it was a pretty exhausting and bewildering dish. We ended up leaving most of the fish and waiting for the next course. And perhaps most strangely of all, the waitress later told us with a mix of surprise and irritation that this dish is considered a delicacy among Japanese people and that it is only eaten on special occasions (it was also pretty expensive). My friend and me didn't really know what to say. Both of us love Japanese food and both of us love to try exotic food. We're really not picky. And we felt apologetic for clearly offending her. But the idea of serving a whole fish like that and not even taking out the intestines still seemed rather... bizarre to us.

What Girls Said 8

What Guys Said 5

• Grasshoppers in Mexico, they taste like really salty shrimps. They're actually pretty tasty as a snack.

• A scorpion in a lollipop.
    The venom from the stinger made my tongue numb

• Probably matches
    like the ones that you use to light cigarrettes

• Asshole

• Buffalo testicles