Am I an atheist or an agnostic?

So I know that I don't believe that if you pray to God he will help you. I don't believe that the bible is God's word either, but I think that people can't know for sure if there is someone or something that created the Universe, so what does that make me?

Most Helpful Guy

• the way I define it:

Religious - We don't know that there is not a god, so let's base our legislation on the assumption that there is one, just in case.

Agnostic - We don't know that there is a god.

Atheist - We don't know that there is a god, so let's not base our legislation on the assumption that there is.

Most Helpful Girl

• Atheist means you completely deny he existence of god.. You have absolutely NO DOUBT, and you KNOW he doesn't exist.

Agnostic means you don't entirely believe there is a god, but you hold the belief that there MIGHT be something out there that created the world, and that "something", could very well be "god"... So you don't completely rule out the possibility that there "could" "possibly" be something more.

Just because one doesn't believe all the bs that people make up to rule the world, using bibles and rules that they themselves created, claiming it's what "god" wants, doesn't mean that you don't believe that maybe god does exist, but rather, we know better than to just believe blindly in people's stupid rules and using "god" as a means to control a large mass of people.

• In simple words.

Atheist: there's NO God.

Agnostic: there MiGHT be a God.

You decide which one you are.

What Guys Said 7

• agnostic literally means "without knowledge", or simply that you do not know. Atheist on the other hand means "without god" or a complete denial of the existence of a god. (gnosis knowledge, theos deity)

• Our belief and faith is pretty much irrelevant to the existence of a goldlike being. In the words of the great Joey Tribbiani "It's a moo point."

• From your description, sounding more of a agnostic

• Seems like you're agnostic.

• Maybe you are looking for Islam?

• I don't know I am kind in the same boat

• You're agnostic like me. I dont believe there is a god, but who knows, their might be. Im pretty spiritual though in essence

What Girls Said 3

• Agnostic, because you're unsure if there is a god or not.

• Agnostic = believes in a higher power but doesn't believe in "God", religions and the bible.

• I think you're both.. like me!
    I'm an agnostic atheist. This is people who do not believe in god because they're is no concrete evidence of it.