What was it like the first time you visited an adult store?

Were you alone or did you go with friends?

Most Helpful Girl

• Yesterday, with a co-worker. She is a detective, and I a cop.
    You might have an idea why we were there during our working hours.

What Girls Said 3

• Went with a friend who had been there before because she needed to pick up something -- can't even remember what now. I remember I went in, the clerk was a "hip" sort of young adult who was very helpful and cheery. I think my first thought was that a lot of the stuff, at least in plain view, looked cheap. That thought was immediately followed by multiple "What the heck do you use THAT for?" moments.

• It was like walking into a magical wonderland my face was just like 😱👀😱👀😱 "it's all real, just like in the movies"
    I was with friends don't think I could ever walk in alone.

• I never have lol. Maybe when I'm 63.

What Guys Said 7

• I went with my best guy friend. It was fun. We looked around for quite a long time. In the beginning I was a little nervous because I was only 16 and sex was still a little embarrassing for me (y'know, typical teenager)... at least to openly show it. But the clerk was very nice and showed us some things we might like :-)

• I was probably 12 and I used to hang out at the local head shop, music store, and sex stuff was sold there. The only place you could've bought punk music in Salt Lake in the 1981. And I felt so adult as I could hang out with the older punk kids.

• A tad bit awkward, but I was with my wife and we knew what we wanted when we went in, so the awkwardness faded quickly.

• i haven't been 2 1

• Its never happened

• I went with my dad and it wasn't awkward other than the fact I was with my dad. He just bought some DVDs.

• I went because of a human sexuality class I was taking in college. It was really awkward, and it took a tremendous amount of courage for me to even walk into the store. I had to wait until no one was in sight who might see me walk in.

I felt very self conscious being in there, like everyone was judging me. I bought a vhs tape of "The Devil in Mrs. Jones"... A classic porn film from the days when they were shot on 35mm.

• To this day, I still get anxious walking into an adult store. I only go at night, and I wait until cars aren't driving by.