Am I not supposed to drink alone?

My auntie gave me Valentine's Day money to get what I want. So she asked me what I got, and I told her a bottle of wine. She was like "a bottle of wine? And who are you going to drink it with?" I said "myself" then she said "You don't drink a lone, you're not supposed to drink alone". Now tell me, who is crazy? Me or her. I mean I personally don't like to drink liquore and stuff like that alone. But wine? What's wrong with having a glass of wine with some dark chocolates by yourself?

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't think there's anything wrong with it. It also depends on the culture. Here in Europe, wine is very much considered a social drink. Maybe more so than any other alcoholic beverage. I don't think anyone would drink wine by themselves here. But I know in the US it's pretty common place to drink wine alone while watching netflix after a hard day at work or something like that. I don't think either is bad.
    Maybe you should have told her "I'm gonna drink it with a really hot guy while we're both naked, sitting in a bubble bath". I wonder what she would've said hehe

• Exactly, it all depends on the person or culture. And drinking a glass of wine while watching netflix is exactly what I plan to do on Valentine's Day. But lol I should have told her that ha..

Most Helpful Girl

• absolutely nothing, im doing it right now.

What Guys Said 3

• you shouldn't drink alone as a routine but certainly having a drink by yourself here and there is not a problem

• They basically say that because drinking alone means solitude and possibility of ending up that person all alone at home depressed and drinking

• Yeah well I don't drink when I'm depressed.

• Tell her your drinking with your buddy Wiser and your friend Jim Beam. (George Thorogood reference)

• Lol that's actually a good idea. If she brings it up I'll tell her that

What Girls Said 0