Would you live on a deserted island and have no contact with people for 5 years for a million dollars?

• Yes
  • No
  • Results
Assuming you had everything you needed to survive

Most Helpful Guy

• A million dollars doesn't last that long, most people would have financial issues because they spend it all. it would be very lonely. After the experiance you would never be yourself again.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 26

• If I have a guarantee of having enough resources to stay alive for all of those 5 years, possibly, and as long as I am guaranteed that I will absolute be rescued then possibly.

The sum still seems very low for 5 years. I don't know if that means easier retirement or not. Also, are we permitted to bring any pets with us?

• If ther's plenty to eat, internet, if the weather is good, not St Mathews thus

www.google.com/.../data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0x0?hl=en

• In the Beaufort Sea too there are a few very calm places : en.wikipedia.org/.../Category:Islands_of_the_Beaufort_Sea

• @JudgmentDay All considered $1 mn clearly isn't enough. That's the kind of payment I'd ask to move to Cleveland (OH) or something like that.

• If you were more frugal then probably 1 million would be okay for retirement purposes or something but if you are someone that just wants to spend money frequently on pretty much everything that you want to try out there and buy this and buy that, then 1 million will get drained quickly. Well that's just what I think. Also, it depends upon if you have any dependents and people to support aside from yourself, that would be another huge factor. I do not, so 1 Million maybe just enough to get by, but then again we could not escape those taxes right? So 1 million is technically NOT 1 million after we pay the Taxes, unless somehow there are specific waivers for the prize or something but I would highly doubt it LOL

• In five years it is likely that you would have a medical or dental emergency that left untreated could kill you. To treat it would require someone medically/dentally qualified to treat you, which would break the no contact stipulation.

• That's 200K per year, which is one hell of a salary. My family would be set for life. As long as I had some books, and ideally some music, I'd be fine.

• Yeah, I'm surprised more people haven't said they would. Most people wouldn't earn anywhere near that much a year

• Nah... considering how this is gonna fuck me up mentally, I don't think 1 million would be okay. But for 10 millions I'd think about it.

• You could make a pet rock to talk to haha?

• Yeah or paint a face on a basket ball and call the ball Wilson ;-) Remember how that ended up...

• Just for a million dollars? I'm a nurse and I make about $80,000 a year, so nein. If you increase that to 5 or 10 million, I would consider. Something like 1 million a year sounds nice and provided you have everything you need there to survive, it would be a good experience in my part since I'm not really a people's person.

• Lol but what if you earn that amount during those 5 years, when you're around the people
    If you can manage a bit more carefully

• 5 years of your life is not worth any amount of money. I would miss my daughter, my girl and my parents to much to do that!

• Don't think even the most introverted of all loners would. I mean you gotta talk to someone. I think i'd go crazy and start talking to myself though writing on the sand. Responding to my own S. O. S distress calls and shit lol

• Of course I would, no problem for me ;)

• I guess I could use the peace and quiet , I hope it's warm there too, and at least I'll get $5 million for it, I'll need that too in the civilized world

• Haha ya better read that contract again before ya sign, bud

• @redeyemindtricks I meant "what the shit" as in, how did I get dragged into this conversation 😂.

@op- never seen the movie, surprisingly

• @Other_Tommy_Wiseau ^^ yeah, I dragged you in sry. Most sry pony

• No, I would for like $15 million tho

• A million is too little considering if you have a good job you could bring in half that in that amount of time

• As long as I'll have a nice shelter with clothes to stay warm inside. I wouldn't wanna live like freakin Tom Hanks in Cast Away for any amount of money.

• Nah, I think I'm gonna sit that one out. I've been to hell and back too many times in my life to do something like that, not even for a million dollars.

• Depends what kind of island cause some will kill you 😱

• No in 5 years I can make a million and be around civilization

• Yeah fuck it sounds fun.

• 1 million only works out to be $200k per year. That's not nearly enough.

• And the taxes... THE TAXES.

I mean, you'll get this salt-stained postcard-looking thing, and you'll think it's from some native person, and nope! it's a 1099-misc.

• @redeyemindtricks assuming you don't have to pay any taxes at all

• LOL... taxes... Good thing the Aussie government has a loophole for these deserted island scenarios.

• No way!

Look at the taxes!

• Yea because I wouldn't mind doing it for free...1 million is just a bonus 😛

• Heck I'd do it for free. I'm not a big people person...

• Good answer. A lot of people would PAY for an opportunity like that, forget getting paid.

• I gotta wait 5 years to get $1 million dollars? Nah, I'm good homie.

• Maybe 1...

• Sure, Count of Montecristo style!

• Without internet and my pc? No

What Girls Said 6

• Girl you gotta make that number a lot bigger than that. At this point in life, I am making >200k/yr anyway, so this would be a net financial loss on top of the slow death of an extrovert's soul. LOL

• What do you work?

• Also tax cut's it down to 50k a year for me and not only that, I have to pay about $1000-$1500 additionally when I do my yearly income tax. I can only imagine how much you pay and how much out of the 200k goes to taxes

• @I_am_repulsive Yeah, our household pays a lot of taxes, but, srsly, I am the American dream.

Far be it from me, to bitch and moan about the 1% of negativity in situations that are otherwise 99% positive. My father raised me better than that.

• With my BF? Yes please.

• Absolutely not. It would not be worth my mental health. I need to be around people.

• Nope, it might affect me emotionally or mentally. Not sure which.
    I need to be near a person I like or feel comfortable with.

• Give me instrument music and art stuff I will be fine

• How am i gonna use the million dollars if i can't see anyone or do anything useful? Lol no thx😁