Guys, if a girl physically attacked you would you fight her?

Say she swinging her fists and hitting you, trying to beat you up. Would you fight back?

21

Most Helpful Guy

• Obviously. No female will take away my rights to self-defense. She wouldn't get any special treatment just because she was born with a vagina and she's "physically weaker" than me. She doesn't get to exploit my being-a-male

What Guys Said 20

• There are too many unknowns for me to answer. Is their was a reason for her anger, is she a competent fighter. The question is, is the threat real? If it's a real threat, then yes I would defend myself. Many guys who say "I won't hit a woman" don't understand that there are women who are trained in combat, their are women on the front lines of war (are you telling me that if a woman is trying to kill you, is trained, and is wearing a uniform of an opposing force you wouldn't defend yourself?) and that if you choose to not fight back, you will end up dead. The Tao Te Ching teaches that war is a funeral (either your own or someone else's), and the book of Five rings teaches that all combat is war. Therefore I say that if you fight someone you must accept that this is a fight to the death (either your own or your opponents) and if you are not fighting to kill or be killed then you are merely playing, and playing in this manner with a woman is unbecoming.
    So I ask is this threat something that I would be willing to kill for, if not then no, I would not, if yes, then yes I would.

• It is really all situational. Basically...
    ... Can I restrain her and stop her from attacking me in some way without breaking out into a big fight?

If not, I will fight. If a person, whether girl/guy, decides to attack me unjustly, I will use self defense and stop the threat. I wouldn't just take blows for no reason. Granted, I wouldn't want to fight them if I could avoid it (depending on the person / gender avoiding the fight may be different) but I will fight back if I deem it necessary.

• Of course.

Let me ask you this: If a female suicide bomber came running at the guards at a US military installation, do you think they'd be nice? No! They'd shoot her. She's a threat and you neutralize threats (it's called "threat negation" in the defense industry).

So, if some girl is attacking me physically, I'm going to be negating her threat.

• I'd just grab her arms and restrain her. It wouldn't be that hard. (But in that situation you have to angle your body so she can't kick or knee you in the balls.)

• What if you can't restrain her?

• Of course some girls are athletes. But they're still girls. That's why guys and girls don't compete against each other in sports. It wouldn't be a fair fight.

• Well the same could be said for weight classes too, but ultimately they say that because they don't want people griping and saying such and such gave up the fight or such and such won when they should have gave up the fight.

Doesn't necessarily mean the guy can beat the girl.

• Of course not. I'd subdue her til she calmed down.

• What if you can't?

• I feel you there. I even got a S&W knife.

• They make nice products.

• I would run. If I hit her back, I will be charged. If she hurts herself punching me, chances are, I will be charged. If I call the cops, chances are, I will be charged.

My contact at my bank has a son who was arrested for being stabbed in the back by his ex-wife. He ran, called the cops. They arrived, he told them what happened. They asked her, and she admitted it. He was hauled off.

There's no way to win. Just run.

• What if you can't run?

• Pretty sure you're trying to get me to say I'd hit her, so if I were locked in a sealed room with her, or I had a broken leg, and she were coming at me with a deadly weapon, then yeah, I'd drop her.

• Oh okay.

• I'm a short dude, so if she's taller than me, I think I get a pass on a few hits.

Like a quick little rib jab or something

• No, I would not.

However, the reason isn't because I find it wrong, but rather because I know that the laws are unfairly against me and I would not want to be imprisoned unjustly.

• What if you had no other choice?

• I'd easily restrain her with my superior strength. I wouldn't hit her unless she has a knife or something.

• Restrain or walk away. The law is in their favor to get the guy's ass locked up in jail even if she provokes a fight.

• What if you can't?

• Well most of the time the cops get there after the crime or the fight is finished

• Shayan has a point. The cops are always late.

• I'd hold her back but if if she was getting in good licks, i'd stand and exchange with her

• Of course, I might even shoot her

• Well duh. Of course I would.

• I'd dang well split her in half lol

• I'd give her a shove, not going to fight a girl.

• What if she jumps on you again and starts to beat you?

• Well she could try, but I'm a little over 250 with a substantial martial arts background. I can handle most people without throwing a punch.

• Yeah, without hitting her. I'd restrain her.

• What if you couldn't restrain her?

• I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. I'm certain I could restrain her.

• lol okay.

• Yeah of course but ill restrain her or him

• What if you can't?

• Ah. You're wild then bro. Anybody be it man or woman hits me I'm swinging.

• Yeah im arrogant

• I'd kick her in the kneecaps.

• Well because she started a fight she is no longer a lady so I can fight her and hit her back but I would most likely just throw her to the ground and sit on her till she calmed down. I'm guessing she is most likely my drunk freind or a drunk/high stranger.

• Some females can get aggressive when arguing.

• I'd restrain her,