I hear from time to time this bashing of women who wear make-up. Some guys feel like women who wear make-up are lying about who they are or what they look like, but make-up has been a part of human history for centuries in some form or other. Despite what some guys may think, women don't just wear make-up for them or to look good for guys, a lot of us like wearing it, like picking colors, and like to sometimes look different like creating a cat eye or wearing false lashes. I mean, it's not like you can't tell when a woman is wearing a lot of make-up, and so if that's not your thing, I hardly think that type of guy is going to get in with someone with a full face of the stuff.
- No, I will gladly continue to live in a world where ladies have the option to wear make-upVote A
- Yes, get rid of the make-up for everyone right now. Let everyone have to be all natural.Vote B
Girls can not vote on this poll
Most Helpful Guy
I think there are two type of guys. Some guys really like the natural looks. That's about 10%. The other 90% say they don't like make-up but what they actually mean to say is that they like make-up that doesn't look too cheap. It shouldn't be in-your-face type of make-up but rather "naturally looking".
Personally, I belong to the first category. I'm absolutely into REAL natural looks. It's a big turn-on for me. You could say I've got a bit of a naturalness-fetish but that sounds too negative. I consider it something positive.
My girlfriend doesn't wear any make-up whatsoever. Not even small, subtle stuff like eyeliner. Because I've been together with her for several years, I also know that she herself doesn't like make-up. She sometimes laughs about other girls who waste their time in the mornings putting on make-up for half an hour while she just gets some more sleep and from getting out of bed to going out the door, it takes her 20 minutes (she's super fast in the bathroom, faster than me ;-)). I think that's a very charming side of her. She's very beautiful even without any make-up and I sorta like this guyish attitude she has about her looks. What I also like about all-natural girls is that their self-esteem is much higher than the self-esteem of make-up girls. I've heard soooo many girls say stuff like "I can't go outside without make-up, it makes me feel naked". I think that's pretty pathetic and sad if you feel that way. I think it's really cool how my girlfriends (and other girls like her) can just be like guys about it "if you don't like the way I look, screw you!" I like girls who are happy with their natural looks and have a healthy self-esteem. It's definitely a turn-on.
And by "natural", I'm not just referring to make-up by the way. I don't like colored or polished nails, I don't like tattoos, I don't like piercings etc.. Jewellery is fine if it's just a little bit (like a ring or a neckless) but I also don't like big earrings and stuff like that. I don't like girls with tans and I don't like girls who put on whitening cream. And I don't like anything else that somehow distorts the natural look. I just want my girl to look the way she was born. She's beautiful that way and I don't see why I'd want her in some artificial way.
Also, I have to disagree with you on the historical comparison. It's not really the same if you paint your face with war-color once in a full moon or you put on modern-day mascara every day. The1
- Show AllShow Less