How long can people ignore the urge to go when laxatives work?

• about 15 minutes or less
  • about 30-60 minutes
  • more 1 hour
I mean Bisacodyl such as 1 tablet of dulcolax.

Most Helpful Girl

• It really just depends on if they were constipated in the first place and the type of laxative. Painkillers and the drugs they give you to knock you out for surgery cause constipation.

After surgery I was so constipated 2 days later the scale said I was ten pounds heavier. Now some of that was probably water weight but I had to drink two bottles of magnesium citrate before and relief came. It doesn't give you forced cramps like some other laxatives. It is a more natural method.

Most Helpful Guy

• Depends on how strong the content you are taking

What Girls Said 1

• I ever took 2 pills before I slept.
    when it kicked in I could hold in my bm around 30 minutes while I sat in my car.
    But if I walk or run I think I can hold in around 5-10 minutes before I go (otherwise, I have to poop in my pants).

What Guys Said 2

• Depends on several factor (metabolism, food you ingested, and the dosage of laxative). On average, I'd say about 20-45 minutes.

• Depends how much you induced