Do you think religion is silly and if so why?

Religion is full of unbelievable miracles Do you think religion is silly and if so why?

Most Helpful Girl

• Religion is full of unbelievable miracles indeed and a lot of nonsense. I don't believe in any religion. I love science and anything that is logical. I would like to say "look how much damage religion has caused us" at the same time it does people good. Religion gives people hope, faith and it keeps them going. People who have been through difficult times in their lives usually turn to God and it helps them. So in a way I do see something good with religion too but I don't personally believe in anything like that.

• Then again you can say religion giving people hope and faith is also a bad thing because it gives people a false sense of security.

• Please elaborare your opinion? Since it leads people into the right direction and does them good I see nothing wrong with "false sense of security." Some people choose to believe and that is completely up to them. At least it makes them happy and keeps them going during the short time we do spend on earth.

• Elaborate*

Most Helpful Guy

• Life is silly.

• agreed

• I disagree. Live is beautiful if you want to live. When you will be facing death, you will be thinking once again. Trust me. ( Trooper-Iraq)

What Girls Said 13

• Personally I don't believe in any religion because I believe in reincarnation because that makes sense to me. But I don't think it's silly, I think everyone needs something to get them through the day and if believing that when they pass they go to a wonderful place where they see the people they love stops they falling into a state of depression or helps them find the correct thing to do morally then how can I suggest that it's silly?

• Reincarnation is mathematically impossible. If reincarnation was true than the worlds population would remain the same throughout history since it would be the same people being born over and over again. Yet the population is constantly increasing so reincarnation is impossible.

• @ShayanMortazavi1 thats a very good point! Im gonna use this! 😉

• no, i don't think it's silly. death is pretty scary and some people need hope for a better afterlife or whatever. it's messed up how people just die and stop existing, religions were created to guide them through their lives so they can have a 'good afterlife' even if it might not exist

• Nope, it's not silly

• I dont think its silly. A lot of people crave something bigger than themselves to believe in and I feel like if religion never existed, people would just find something else that replicates that feeling religion gives them.
    If someone is religious, I think its perfectly cool👍🏼👍🏼

• I don't think it's silly and I don't judge followers of any religion.
    However, I think that obsessing about it and literally believing every word that is written in those dusty old books is silly. Religious fanatics are the worst.

Sincerely, the atheist.

• No. Moderate religion is what's best for society in my opinion.

• No I don't.

• My opinion is someone can believe in any type of religion or religious act as long as no one or anything is get hurt through it.

• Yes and the belief that the universe came to be just because something unspecific went "boom" isn't?

• I think that people acting like their religion alone is going to help them get to heaven is silly. Religion gives us a foundation for praise and morals. Right now I'm not focused on religion. I'm more focused on spiritual growth. Those are two different things.

• no, religion are the only things we can trust

• No it's not silly I think people should respect it if people do believe

• Religion isn't silly, it's just a misunderstoodles concept. Religion wasn't meant to be about the best god or best holy book. It is a basis for faith. Now with our "civilisation" and commercialisation in every sphere religion has lost its meaning. So many people just see it as a medium for money making and there are so many people that are just blind followers. We often don't realise all of the religion's almost say the same things, of course with little variations. None of them mention hate on other religions. And now we just string it with terms like terrorism. The whole competition between religious communities and misconception makes it silly.

• so it should be banned then, it does more harm than good.

• @thedenzzz well yes because it doesn't fulfil it's purpose as much as it should. But we can't ban it... Even if it should be. It's irrational.

What Guys Said 11

• Not necessarily, I really only have a problem with those who push their beliefs on others. I think it can be good, religion can give people comfort, moral guidelines, and a reason for living. I wish I could believe in a life after death and that everything we do isn't pointless.

• I find religion to be a decent starting point for people on their spiritual journey. Religion is a set of rules you use to give your faith boundaries. When you no longer have use for those boundaries, you no longer have use for religion. That doesn't mean you stop having faith or being spiritual.

• Religion is not about expecting miracles or signs to happen, it's about faith to your beliefs and devotion to those beliefs. Trust in whatever you believe in. For me being a christian is hard, I must cut off all connections of hate and desire.

Religion is all about seeking purity and wanting to be someone that does good for others. Religion is also bad in some cases. People can use religion to gain money and they know suckers will fall for their con. Being flashy and highstyle in this life will only bring you beggers and thieves though.

• Religion isn't silly. Silly are people thinking religion is silly. On this website and million of others was prooved why its like this. Atheist are answering with classic answer, muslims and others are jumping with thier opinion. The fact is, the truth you will learn in the moment of your death. Somebody is prepared somebody no. Christianity is 2nd part of Old Testament. Its needed to learn it, read it and learn not only religion things but historical as well. Cos Bible, testaments are prooved via archeology and others. Next you can do decission.

• it´s not "silly" it´s a clever way to socialize and teach morals and ethics. now, taking religious books literally and do exactly what is said in there, this is silly.

• cos people need to read a holy book know it's wrong to steall.. cool.

• @thedenzzz why are you being hostile man. implying bullshit i didn´t say. just look at who the people were that wrote the corresponding books. i am an atheist by the way. i don´t "believe" in either of those religions. you´re just judging those religions without actually knowing anything. that´s so mature...

• @thedenzzz by the way don´t bother answering. i blocked you. i´m not having this hostile discussion with some ignorant bum. it irates me and that´s not what i´m here for so have a nice day.

• Well if you believe in God who created laws of physics then breaking the laws of physics ( miracles ) will be reasonable

• I know one thing never mess with any religion let them do what they do. Did you play assasins creed. It explains clearly that even of you succeed in taking away the religions an new religion will be formed they make you god and again language and cultural differences and again division of religion. Its an infinite loop

• I believe in God, Jesus, and the holy spirt! I do not believe in religion! Its a farse to control the masses!!

• I don't think it's silly. I think to love something you can't even see I beautiful. I'm not religious. I just find it interesting

• no, religion should be banned. it's silly and clearly made up by ancient peoples.

• Abrahamic and old european religions are silly...

but all of them have some truths hidden away.