Is It Strange That I Don't Want Friends?

Hey there :)! I am 25 years old... and I spend all my time alone. This might sound strange to many... but I don't want any friends XD.

Ever since I was a kid, every time I would make a new friend, they would always end up turning against me, talking behind my back, becoming my enemy or proving that they weren't worth my time.

At the same time... whenever I made a friend, a few months down the road, they would always end up moving away and we become "long distance friends" and we would talk every night and visit each other from time to time. All of my current friends are "long disntance friends"... I don't actually have any friends in my area.

Here are a few scenarios:

In college, I was working a part time job and after being there for a while, I became "friends" with a few guys. We ended up going out and I got a little wasted. Little did I know, one of the guys was recording the entire thing and they all told everyone about me being wasted and how funny I was. After that, people at work talked about it for months.

Also in college, I made friends with these guys and they seemed nice... however, someone at the restaurant told me that she overheard them saying mean things about me behind my back while I was in the bathroom.

These types of things are common for me... so after a while, I stopped hanging around people and always go out alone now - whether it be the gym, a bar, the mall, restaurants, etc... I just don't really see the point in making friends anymore and I get a little weary when people introduce themselves to me... because I always feel like they have an ulterior motive for trying to get to know me.

Forgot to mention. I am not completely alone. I do have family that I associate with (mom, dad, younger brother and an older brother)... but beyond that, I am friendless and do things alone.

Most Helpful Girl

• Not strange at all...

Most Helpful Guy

• I am in your situation. I don't think it's weird. Not having friends can ease certain things for some time. I also don't want friends at least for now. Haven't talked to any in like 6 years. Lost them all 5 years ago. Doing fine because my family is by my side and they are all the people I need.

What Girls Said 2

• I'm In your shoes and I prefer to eat alone club alone movies alone everything alone unless I'm in a relationship. I am 22 and have experiences similar events since 10 years old. For one I think that it's good to have one person to vent to but that could be your family too! I'm fine though!

• what i learned at 4 is you don't have friends you have associates. unless you meet people who don't leave your life keep them around.

What Guys Said 3

• ok bobby fischer

• Bobby Fischer... who is that?

• No you feel tjat for some time or more time and eventually you form a small circle of genuine ones or of same frequency with you

• No and Yes. I could be your friend.