• I dont even know what a piston is
    Vote D
Select a gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
Bump

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, no. I wish I did though so I wouldn't fear my crappy car breaking down on me all the time without me being able to do anything to fix it.

0|1
    0|0
    • What kind of car do you have?

• Toyota Corolla

Most Helpful Guy

• Depends on the problem and the car model, but if it is a simple part replacement or standard maintenace I can pull it off. Unfortunately most modern models are built in such a way that it prevents you from doing anything to your car even if you know what you're doing and you're forced to pay for it.

0|1
    0|0
    • What kinda things do you mean when they prevent you?

• Show All
    • All I know is it is a bitch to disassemble. I used to drive a Fiat Tipo and it was a piece of cake compared to newer ones. And if they ban us from working on our own cars than I'm switching to a horse carriage and feed the poor animal lots of beans!

• Lol. I dont think they will make it illegal though. There would be no way to enforce it and making special tools for everything would be ridiculous.

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 3

• I know enough to get me out of trouble. But I'm not a pro

0|1
    0|0
    • So what kind of things could you do?

• Lol nope

0|1
    0|0
  • I can't even fix my stupid hair half the time... what's a piston?

0|0
    0|0
    • Lol. Its the part which moves up and down the cylinder bore inside the engine.

What Guys Said 5

• I know absolutely nothing about cars and I also don't care much about them. But that's okay cuz I also don't drive or own one ;-).

0|1
    0|0
  • I'm clueless about cars haha. I can change a flat tire, and point to the radiator. That's it haha. It's easier to just pay and have mechanics fix it.

0|1
    0|0
  • As long at it doesn't involve the drive train, I can probably do it. I'm pretty good at diagnosing most problems, but less so at actually fixing them. I always wind up bleeding. So I leave that to a mechanic.

0|1
    0|0
  • mechanic for over 20 years but i have to admit that there are some things i cannt do, do the lack of tools. example is if the tools will cost 1/2 of what it cost of the repair i usually take it to someone, because by the time you ad parts and down time its cheeper and faster.

0|0
    0|0
    • What kind of tools dont you have?

• Show All
    • Yeah i know i wanted a scanner but theyre really expensive. And then you have to figure out all the connectors for obd1 obd2 for differnt model cars.

• All OBD 1 are all different OBD2 is the standard connector for all cars. but there is also a Change that was made about 2006. And needed a newer scanner that allowed 2way communication. that CAN adapter for the older scanner was another 1000.00 from snap on and only extended the scanners use 2 years

• I can do some things.

0|0
    0|0