My boyfriends asked me this, what does it mean?

My boyfriend and i were talking about birth control. I said that i some day want to have kids and he asked me if i was ready to start a family. And i said no, not yet but if it came to be that i had to do it because i messed up, i would. He said that he wasn't ready either. Why would he ask me if i was ready to start a family?

Most Helpful Guy

• maybe he was just curious , honestly I have been friends with many girls over the years but never asked them if they were on birth control or not , I suspect a lot of them were on the "pill " as its fairly common for younger women to be but I'd like never ask them about it , it be sort of weird to ask a girl at a party or bar that sort of thing . as to his question I think he's just trying to get to know you and such

Most Helpful Girl

• He's getting to know you probably. If you don't discuss these things ever then it could be years down the line you find out one wants kids and one doesn't.

Don't read too much into it, its nice he isn't the kind of person to freak out about a simple conversation like some people might do...

What Guys Said 3

• He wants to know more about what you have planned for your future. And compare your plans to his own. Plus, get info about what you would do in case something (pregnancy) did happen. It's just a way of communicating about that topic.

• He ants to know if you are on the same page as he isn such a crucial issue.

• I think he just wanted to know your point of view.. He was probably being nice and supportive.

What Girls Said 0