How to deal with 2 dove hatchlings?

Hei. So, I have a pair of doves who recently gave birth to 2 "babies". This is their first, and ours. What am I supposed to do? Do I play a part in this? Do I just leave them?

They live in our basement - I live in Canada, so its currently winter here, and surprisingly, our basement is warm. However, where the female dove has laid her offspring is in a corner and the most dirtiest place ever. She herself has gotten dirty - not too much, its mostly the end of her tail because it drags on the floor. I'm tempted to give her shower some time, but I don't know how long I have to wait until she's comfortable to be away form her offspring.

I've given the male dove a bath - he likes baths, so no harm done. But how long do I ave to wait until I can give the female a bath?

Am I allowed near her? Do I leave her at peace? Can I touch the nest? Should I move the nest to a much cleaner place? What do the babies eat? Will the parents be able to teach their offspring how to fly in a basement with not change in wind power - like outside?

I need everything. PLease tell me everything.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 1

• If it's warm in there, the only thing I would do is make sure they have food, and not go near them.
    For the record, I'm not an expert or anything, but I've had quite a few birds throughout my life so far. Only 1 case of babies though.

What Girls Said 0