Do you feel bad for making man cry?

the question is listed above

• yes
  • no
What a double standard. When a woman cries it isn't okay but when a man cries it is.

Most Helpful Girl

• social conventions be damned; if it was a guy i cared about, then yes, i'd feel awful (because it would mean that i did something awful to make him cry).

one time, my boyfriend was super wasted and, out of nowhere, broke down crying and saying that i was the best thing that had ever happened to him and that he would do anything for me~ so i ran into the other room (not caring at all that i'm asthmatic and he'd just chain-smoked 4 cigarettes in a row) and gave him a big hug.

(lungs be damned, i have my priorities)

Most Helpful Guy

• I feel bad whenever I make anyone cry. I'm kind of a pacifist when it comes to people's emotions, because I know what it feels like. And I know some people get upset easier, even if it's a stupid reason. I like to put myself in there shoes and view the situation from their perspective from what I can gather. And if it looks bad from their perspective, then I'll help reassure them I didn't mean to hurt them. I hate hurting people, I don't see how some people can do it so easily and not give a shit at all.

I'd feel so guilty if I just made someone cry for no reason.

What Girls Said 22

• Depends. One boyfriend I had would cry so easily, especially if we argued, but it just seemed to make me more angry.

• Now that sounds abusive. Imagine if I said that whenever my girlfriend cries I get angry.

• Well.. he used up all my money even though he had about 30 grand saved (I later found out), became more distant with out talking to me and decided to say six months into dating that he wasn't ready for a relationship. Then went on to date someone else no more than a month later. I think our situations are entirely different. I've only had that reaction to that one guy, no one else has made me feel angry by ending up making them cry. He would start crying when we were just trying to talk things out. It got frustrating.

• i laughed

• Well yeah but it also depends on the situation.

• of course I'd feel bad for making anyone cry, regardless of their gender.

• Obviously, I accidentally made my boyfriend cry when I had a massive asthma attack and I even felt bad for that... even though I was the one slowly dying.

• Of course I do. Once I made my boyfriend cry because I had a very bad panic attack and he was worried for me. When I snapped out of it I cried with him and wiped his tears. I felt so bad. :(

• Everyone needs to cry sometimes but when men get over emotional and dramatic, I suspect that they are attempting to be manipulative.

• I don't feel bad for making anyone cry.

• No... But I'd feel bad that I had a 'reason' to even want to make him cry in the first place... 😔

• Because usually, if a girl makes you cry, it's because she's hurting herself! And it's likely that the reason is you! ...

So again... I'd feel bad for having a REASON to want to make anyone cry! ... Cause it's sad..

• I feel bad for making anyone cry, whoever they are. It breaks my heart. Whenever I see someone crying I just want to go over and comfort them.

• I made a guy cry because he referred to me at my friends party as a "blackie" since his black/mixed girlfriend let him. I even made him sit in the rain until it was time for us to take his ass home. We still laugh to this day.

• The only time a man ever cried around me was because arms been having a really deep conversation, and it was very touching. So no.

• I don't see men cry, but one time when I was Like 12 I told a boy his boobs where bigger than mine and I had C cups. He started laughing and crying I felt bad and apologized.

• Where is the double standard? 82% of girls said yes, only 18% said no. It's your own gender where the fault lies.

• Yes & men are strong gender they don't easily cry,, if they did then there's something terrible happening

• You are from saudi arabia. Of course you would think that.

• Bro, Saudi Arabia isn't only what/how the media portrays it to you... get educated. If what you hear about Saudi Arabia is true, how is she still around with a picture of her without the hijab? Don't believe everything the media tells you and use your own critical thinking...

• Depends on what he's crying over.

• I know, right? I wouldn't necessarily sympathize for someone crying over something/situation that can easily be fixed.

• Of course. I feel bad if I make anyone cry

• Yep, I made a relative of mine cry and I feel terrible now.

• real men don't cry so noooo

• Honestly I feel worse when I make guys cry than when I make girls cry...

• I've only had a guy cry over me once and he was very, very drunk and I was crying first. I am not tear-worthy, but I voted yes. 😪

• man should not cry

• Depends if I made him cry by hurting him or just by looking after him while he was sad (guy friends of mine have cried on me because they had really hard things going on in their lives so I talked to them about it and cuddled them and things.)

What Guys Said 9

• um. no one says it's not okay for a woman to cry. a lot of people say it's not okay for a man to cry. but most people are going to feel bad about making a man cry because men dont cry easily on average. so if a man is crying then you know something is seriously wrong. thats what some cops say when they pull people over. cops are more likely to let a man out of a speeding ticket if he cries than if a woman cries. they kinda expect a woman to try to cry to get out of a ticket but a man would mostly only cry if something was actually really wrong.

• Same answer as in the other question. If he cries over stupid shit, I don't care. If I hurt him, then I will feel bad.
    It depends.

• I don't know. I don't see a lot of men cry, and I don't make people cry, whether it's a man or a woman.

• People that cry are usually under heavy pressure. If I made someone cry I wouldn't make it worse by saying anything.

• lol @ a guy making another guy cry..

• I feel bad for making anyone cry regardless of gender, race, or age

• Voted yes

• Would you feel sad, remorse and disappointed even you weren't interested in a guy, if you rejected a guy for saying he likes you later time, once you sat down and really thought about it? Or do girls go about the day like it's no big deal?

• i once made a guy cry cuz i destroyed his house on minecraft