Should I go to the caucus for my state?

As far as my parents know, I don't know who I am voting for but I will come up something. Because the person who I do plan to vote for, they hate. I am wondering if I should go to the caucus which is coming up.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes you should Im going to vote in the North Carolina Primary. what is the difference anyway?

• A caucus is a local meeting where registered members of a political party in a city, town or county gather to vote for their preferred party candidate and conduct other party business. Where a primary is a state level election

• Here you have to have a state issued id, drivers license, military or veterans card or tribal id card if you're Native American

• Thanks for. MHG!

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes! I went to ours and it was fun! Really laid back but there was kind of a sense of comradery. Since you caucus with your party, you know. And the other party was downstairs doing their thing. One of the candidates actually showed up at our precinct but downstairs. That probably won't happen, but man it was exciting.

What Guys Said 3

• Yeah you should vote I mean even if your voting for what I might think or you parents or whoever may think is a downright horrible person for president it is still your right and duty as a citizen to vote.

It's one of the things that separates us from a kingdom or a dictatorship, the ability to leave who leads in the hands of the people.

• Yes, all eligible US citizens should participate in the electoral process. And I'm guessing you live in Nevada. ;-)

• This is what I think about people who wonder whether or not they should vote (whether in a caucus or primary or general election). If you're really not sure then don't vote. If you have to ask people on GAG whether or not you should vote then don't. You're probably not informed enough anyway to make a rational decision.

• I am asking because my political science professor said it's basically a gathering of neighbors and they talk politics and I really didn't want to do that because all my neighbors are old and conservative. My political science professor never said anything about voting. But whatever make your own judgements.

What Girls Said 0