Are you a punctual person ⏰🏃🏽?

I am for the most part. I usually get to places at least 15 mins before. IF I'm late, it's by max 5-10mins.

I actually can't stand it when people are consistently REALLY late.
So say someone I meet up with is always 10-15mins late, I don't mind at all. But if they're ALWAYS 30+ mins late, I do get annoyed. I don't know if that's just me, but it seems so inconsiderate. =/

Most Helpful Guy

• I am about the same... show up about 10 mins before in most cases. I set my clock in my car 10 minutes before real time. That way if I am a few minutes late, I am either a little early or just on time. It actually works really well!

I played a prank on my girlfriend one time and set the clock two hours later. She always likes to talk before bed and sometimes we gab for hours because we are excited it is Friday night and have time to. One night I wanted her to get some rest because she had some late nights that week, and we were heading out on the road early the next day. I told her look how late it is and pointed at the clock, and so we crashed early. Worked like a charm... but I think she has caught on to me.. dammit! :)

Most Helpful Girl

• Hahahahhaha
    Nope. Fashionably late, absolutely everywhere I go. Including my own wedding -- and, for that matter, my own birth. Hopefully, I'll be late for my own funeral, too.

In fact, this is one lesson I'm passing on to my children: If it still matters whether you're on time, then, you're not good enough at what you do yet. (:
    Exceptions made for first responders and other emergency personnel, of course.

Show up late, don't apologize, look fucking awesome, and be better than everyone else.

• Let me add that, in my ancestral cultures (México, Colombia), it is actually considered RUDE to be early for things.

Makes sense for me. Luckily, I don't have an office or standing place of business -- because OMG I HATE when people show up early for appointments. THE AWKWARDNESS.
      I mean... right?
      It's as though that time before the scheduled appointment time just isn't valuable at all. It's deadweight loss.

Same thing with the above cultural standard. Showing up early, in those cultures, tells your host that his or her preparation time -- and/or whatever other time before the engagement begins -- is not valuable.

What Guys Said 47

• To the second, I am and always have been :)

I get to my scheduled appointment 15/20 minutes earlier always so that I can find a parking spot, reach my destination, refresh and be present on time.

You are awesome as ever little lioness <3 :)

• I always try to be as punctual as possible, I don't like to be late, but I also dislike to get to places too early...5-10 minutes before is ok.

• No it's not just you I find it quite rude to me I mean I don't mind 5-10 minutes either because you know traffic, trains things out of our control but anything past thst I find rude. I also like being on time and do not like keeping others waiting if I can help it.

• That's bananas! I do damage when I brandish my katanas
    Man, I'll slice you up then vanish in my ladybug pajamas
    Sorry your name reminded me of these lyrics :).

I'm a pretty lazy and disorganised person but when I have a appointment that matters I put in extra effort and I'm usually there early or on time.

• One of my old teachers kept saying
    "If you're early you're on time, if you're time you're late"... but yeah that got stuck in my head lol so I'm always 15-30 minutes early

• ... I dont get it :/

• Oops made typo
      "f you're "on" time you're late"... there's no hidden joke lol just a way of saying be ahead of time to make a good impression :P

• I've honestly have been the person who would be late to things. Usually class (I know awful student but I always get on the teachers good side so they look the other way) or if I'm meeting up with a large group. I don't know if I'm meeting with multiple people for whatever reason I feel less pressure and then lose track of time. When I'm doing one on one stuff with someone I'm always like 5 minutes early though.

Once my friends had a small get together party. I showed up an hour late...

• I have to be on time for everything. If im late it bothers me. If others are very late it bugs me.

• so it's not just me. i feel better lol

• Lol yeah it's not just you. I have been trying to be more patient when people show up late but it's hard sometimes.

• You know who's punctual? Wavy Rancheros, the crocodile, as he mentions in this video...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hgYb6E4f90

• Well I try to be... but I end up having to pull some clutch 4th quarter run after getting too comfortable with the extra time I had at first :O

• Oh I'm late to this question
    baha
    get it?

• Sorry I'm late. I meant to answer this sixteen hours ago.

Seriously though, I punctual when it counts (appointments and work). I am less than punctual for social events.

• I am super punctual - I am always way early for everything

• I'm always early.

• Let's say you invite me over to your house at 9:00 PM. I will be at your doorstep by 8:55 PM then I will wait until 9:00 PM by staring at my clock. And when it goes from 8:59 to 9:00 PM, I'll ring/knock on the door. That's how punctual I am.
    Okay, I bragged a bit there XD

• I am so contra-german. I am the guy who is always a bit late or just barely makes it. And on parties I am usually the last one to arrive (but also the last one to leave).

• Very much so. Few things annoys me more than someone who is late, with the possible exception of me being late. I value other people's time and I expect they do the same with mine.

• Sorry! I'm late in replying. Of course, I'm punctual... :-o

• it's said that Germans are very punctual people but I'm way more punctual than most of them (studying in Germany).:)

• I used to not be, but I've turned myself around! :P

• I tend to arrive late, especially to dates and hanging out with friends. I am punctual when it actually matters.

• Nope. I'm always 30 minutes late. And those 30 minutes are agonizing, especially telling myself: HURRY UP!

• Yes I like to at least try to get their 10 minutes before anything starts

• Yea, I try to cum on time if that's what you mean..

• Unfortunately not. I'm usually a couple of minutes late or somehow get just in time.

• yes i am. i would rather be 30 min early than 1 min late

• I'm that guy that's 30 minutes early for everything because of his perfectionist parents

• i try to be

• Depends who I'm meeting how early or late I am.

• Nooooooo

• Im usually an hour or 1/2 hr ahead of when Im suppose to show up

• More from Guys
    17

What Girls Said 33

• Oh gawd no. I'm one of the worst. I put black people time to shame. My friends have to lie to me now about times they want to hang out. Like if they want to go to a party at like 11 they have to tell me it starts at 8 or 9. "I tell people they're brave for inviting me to events I'll see you when I get there or if I get there." If there's food then I'll be there 30mins before it ends. I even get up like 2hrs before work still just to be anywhere from right on time to 5-15minutes late. Usually late.

• I am very punctual. And get really agitated when people are late. I never ever set an exact time anymore, I'd rather let there be like a half an hour period in which you can arrive. I think what I hate most, is when I have to pick someone up and they tell me that they are ready and I still have to wait outside. Or if we have plans and everybody is ready and one person takes their time, walking extremely slow, suddenly searching for everything. I get very annoyed and it completely spoils my mood.

• omg yes.
      like, if i wanna arrange something at 5pm, i tell them to come by 3pm, to give them that 2hr leeway cuz lawd knows they need it -.-

• If I am 30 min late it because I take the bus and I can't force them to come early. lol And If I missed my bus than I am gonna miss like 40 min or so haha!

• I try to be on time, but mostly I fail. I hate waiting for others, so there no chance I'll go earlier on a date. 5-10 minutes late is alright in my books, but not more. I try not to be more than 10 minutes late, but it 's become a habit. it seems every time I manage to get myself ready on time, something unexpected happens

• I WISH :/ I'm trying to change that thing about myself 😅 once I got so late from house and the way walking needed 20 mins non stop... So coz I had to go on time ( my friend was waiting for me ) I was walking soooo fast that the 20 mins way took 10 mins 😂 I was like I can't BELIEVE I GOT HERE ON TIME WOOHOOO😎😜

• Nope I've been late my entire life... I'll probably late no the last one to show up at my own funeral lol

• I used to be never late.

then, all my friends started being habitually late.

so.. I'd tell them 8, knowing it was really 830.. and... now I've morphed :/

• Start telling those specific people to be to places 39 minutes earlier than when they need to be 😜

But no I feel you. I'm usually always early or on time, too.

• I am most times. It drives me crazy when I'm sitting waiting for an appointment & some guy/girl comes in 20 minutes late for theirs & still get's in ahead.

• I try my best to be. I can't stand being late. And I also can't stand when other people make me late. My best friend is notorious for making us late to stuff.

• I am always late to everything... even my classes :P
    my worst to flaws are time management and money management :P

• most of the time yea am punctual.. but it might happen that sometimes i arrive late

• YES I AM! 5-10 minutes early, or if I were late it would be 5-10 minutes lol

• I'm very punctual. Being 15 minutes early is being on-time for me, haha.

• Yes, I usually am quite punctual, I guess it's in my horoscope :P

• I'm late all the time. Seriously it's so bad 😂 I mean like half an hour late, sometimes hours. It's a real problem.

• Usually I am always a bit early. Except when I meet my best friend. I tend to run late lol

• I am late. I do everything to be on time. It just happens 🙈

• Yes, I'm always early. I hate being late.

• I get so anxious if I'm running late, i have to get to places 5/10 mins before I start because I always over estimate my travel time

• I am that "consistently very late" person.
    I want to change but I don't know why I end up being late every time.

• I am, and I have to.
    As you may know, I'm a police officer; I must always arrive on time to wherever I'm called to; a second can mean the difference between life and dead.

• Me? Punctual? Phfftt that's a good one 😂

• Haha no. Im always running late.

• Yes i hate being late for anybody i would rather be 5 or 10 minutes early

• people here are not on time, I once had interview & they made me wait for 2h 😤 when there's wedding I'm always late cuz of my family but if they are not coming I'm the first guest who come

• yeah same goes with a lot of people i know too. i feel like I'm in the minority by actually being on time.

• They need time management 👌🏼

• Nope. I'm always late to school because I hate getting up! 😂

• Oh yes! I hate not being punctual! It annoys me.

• When it comes to important things, yes I am.

• I'm the same way.

• More from Girls
    3