Is it true that if someone is disrespectful to you the first time, they won't stop?

I've noticed this a lot. If someone is being disrespectful and you don't give them attitude or answer back, they don't see it as you being nice, they think that they can continue to behave however they want to.

Kind of like testing the waters with you.

I've made it a point in my personal life to always either give attitude or answer back to people who do that.

What Guys Said 1

• They most likely won't stop, but only if you don't assert yourself in some way.

What Girls Said 1

• Not necessarily , if they weren't intentionally being disrespectful and you pull them up about their behaviour then they may think twice about what they say to you the next time. It depends on who the person is though. Some people are just damn right disrespectful to everyone , no matter what.

I won't tolerate being treated disrespectfully. My personality is who I am, but my attitude depends on who other people are.