When do you think its okay to hit the opposite sex?

I believe it's never okay to hit anyone but I see guys saying that it's okay to hit a woman if she hits you first. In a lot of cases I disagree. Why I disagree is because most men are physically stronger than most women. You can restrain/run away, whatever you don't have to punch a crazy bitch in the face unless she's actually causing you real pain and you can't get away or restrain. Hitting is self-defense only when there's no other option.
Do you agree or disagree? How do you see this subject?
Don't go getting all pissy on me over my view either. Ill just ignore it. Give me your opinion in a mature manner.

• I agree
  • I disagree
  • Other
people took what I said as it's okay for women to hit men and I don't think that. Just that MOST women aren't going to do much damage to a grown man with just her bare hands but a man can seriously injure her with just one punch. My point is guys should restrain a woman if they can instead of hurting her. If you agree that men are stronger than the average woman than I don't understand why people aren't agreeing with what I wrote. It's not 100%equal (in my eyes) because he can hurt her more.

Most Helpful Guy

• I find it perfectly fine in multiple scenario all relating to self defense or being attacked what I was taught and trained to do relates to men and women.

If a women is coming at me with an object with simply the intent to hurt me I will disarm her and retrain her maybe I'll put her in a lock, maybe an armbar or legbar or something else entirely but I will restrain any and all movement until she calms down.

If she has a gun or a knife and comes at me with the intent to kill me then I will do what I have to, to survive.

If we're sparring or fighting in a sanctioned match or tournament/championship fight then obviously I'm not going to hold back at all.

I could list more scenarios but you get the general idea of what I am trying to say.

I've already knocked a woman cold via one of the scenarios listed I have absolutely no qualms about doing it again if I had to. But under no circumstances would I ever hit a women or any other person for that matter if I can avoid it and solve whatever is happening peacefully, but if you force my hand you reap what you sow and you were warned.

• Yep I agree. People took what I said as it's okay for women to hit men and I don't think that. I just this most women aren't going to to do much damage to a grown man with just her bare hands but a man can seriously injure her with just one punch. My point is guys should restrain a woman if they can instead of hurting her. If you agree that men are stronger than the average woman than I don't understand why people aren't a agreeing with what I wrote.

• Point of view probably.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it's okay in self defense only. Regardless the gender.

What Guys Said 29

• Women need to start taking responsibility for their actions, and to begin with, they should accept a man's punch if she hits him first.

You don't bother a snake and then get mad at the snake because it bit you, what do you expect, a hug?
    Seriously, I don't understand why so many women expect a man to just do nothing when she goes on hitting him.

The other day a woman left a man unconscious after hitting him with a baseball bat. A woman may be generally weaker than a man, but she can grab something that can kill you, and even if she's "weaker" if her intentions are to hurt you, she can hurt you.
    I'm not someone that will fight back, I will most likely push her, but I won't crucify a man that punched a woman after she punched him. She deserved it.

• Yeah if someone grabs a bat or is someone you can't get away from i say knock their ass out. My opinion comes from fights with my brother he's 10 years older than me. We have physically fought all my life. He's normally the one to hit me first and it escalates until it's pretty bad. He's stronger than me and has never had any marks from me that last through the night but I've had my jaw knocked out of place and bruises everywhere. It's not a fare fight for men to hit women like a man when they're not as capable. They are capable or restraining. I've never hit any other guy and I don't believe in fighting but I've seen enough fights that make me believe that most women didn't need to be hit. Deserving it and what should be done are complete opposite. Two wrongs don't make a right.

• I apologise for the incoming notifications @AleDeEurope

If an adult was having a tantrum and they were charging for me then I would hit them too, what is your point? I would be less likely to attempt to restrain an adult child having a tantrum anyway.

Well, I'm not police. It is in the police's interest to restrain, because they could get fired (and in a lot more trouble than a citizen defending themselves) if they retaliated.

A tiny woman certainly can do that kind of damage. All it takes is a well-placed punch in the temple. And like I said, if it's a cheap-shot punch, you are way more likely to be knocked out. Furthermore, there is plenty of pressure points for a weaker person to hit. (E. g. The throat, the kneecap, the solar plexus, the groin etc. All of which do a decent amount of damage)

I am using you as an example because it's easier. I know you wouldn't fight me, don't worry.

• A single hit in the balls can leave a man sterile, and when someone charges against you, you don't know where they plan to hit you, and if they decide to go for the balls (which is where most women go), you can end up sterile and have your whole life fucked.
      If that's not worthy of a punch, you tell me what is.

• This is my opinion, it is only okay to defend yourself if you have a real threat. There are women who are trained in martial arts, who are in the military, who carry weapons. Any of these women attacking you is a viable threat. It's obviously true, that not every man is stronger, faster, or a better fighter then every woman, and to assume so is pure sexism. Just because the AVERAGE man is stronger then the AVERAGE woman, the truth is that it's not in every situation. I've fought women in a martial arts ring, and have lost to women in a martial arts ring. So that being said, yes the preferred way to deal with it is to leave, but there are situations where that just is not possible, to restrain a person is to leave yourself open to attack (a person who is being held has many targets that are vulnerable to attack), and it can just continue the damage. I have a good friend who had his ribs broken by his live in girlfriend with a police billy club (side handled baton), and he refused to do anything about it because... well guys do not hit girls.

• I agree. My point is not hitting out of anger to someone not as strong. If you are being full on attacked you do what you have to. Self-defense.

• I more-or-less agree. I'm not going to hit a woman in anger unless I have to do so to prevent her from causing me significant physical harm - something that the average woman probably can't do without some sort of weapon.

Having said that, women who think they can hit a man and get away with it are likely to run into men who don't have these kinds of boundaries, and are liable to get knocked out. There's no reason for *anyone* to initiate violence.

• -> Personally i run like shit and have no real idea how to restrain someone. If she was tiny i might be able to, if she was a pretty large woman, i'd not really know how to do it.
    -> for anyone, avoiding violence is preferable to violence.
    -> if person A who is smaller loses their temper and hits person B, I have a pretty hard time expecting person B to exhibit -more- self control than person A did. Person A couldn't keep their hands to themselves without escalating. Asking people being hit to stay calm is not unreasonable, but i have a LOT more sympathy for that person hitting back then the original person, regardless of their relative sizes.
    -> if i saw a woman hurting one of my children, she's probably getting KTFO.

I'm 40 and i haven't hit a woman, ever. But I wouldn't say never. I hope never, but there are circumstances where I would.

• I'm an other on this.
    I think the blanket rule, never hit women, is a little insulting to women.
    They can be as much of a threat as a man. They hit plenty hard too.

I'll defend me and mine, with all necessary force regardless of your gender.

• Most women can be restrain or you can get away. The skinniest man I know is stronger than me and can handle more physical pain than me. It's proven that men are physically more capable than most women. I don't think it's fair for a man to hit unless there's no other option.

• @astrOnaut01 My feelings. They're so wounded. :sob:

• @Dandeus Dry your eyes, mate.

• You are basically saying that if a weaker person attacks a stronger one, then there should be no repercussions for the weaker. You also expect the stronger to show restraint and respect when the weaker clearly did not. Somehow the stronger needs to be fair. It's not fair that the weaker attacked the stronger to begin with.

Men for some reason needs to be in life or death situation before even thinking about touching an attacking woman. Not every man is some kind of Bruce Lee super martial artist that can disarm or subdue a woman without causing harm.

Physically stronger you say.
    Does that mean that weak men should be able to hit stronger men without expecting to be hit back? With your logic they should.

All men know that if they hit a physically stronger man, they will get their ass kicked. You never hear a man say that a stronger man is not allowed to hit him back.

All men on this planet know that it's moronic to attack someone and then complain that they get attacked back. Many women have somehow not learned this lesson. As an attacker you don't have the privilege to choose how the attacked will defend.

The world of violence is not a pretty one and not a fair one. We can do out best to avoid violence by not inviting it to begin with. Attacking someone is clearly an invitation for violence.

• My point is if you did not get hurt then you shouldn't hit a girl. If your life is not in danger then you should not punch her as if she can take it like a man. I know men have high tolerance for pain and are stronger than women. There are occasionally weaker men and they shouldn't be hit either. If they can't take it then don't give it. There are stupid people out there that would hit someone bigger than them, whether it be because they're drunk, upset because you cheated or said harassing words that pissed them off l, etc. If a women punches you in the face, but isn't full on attacking you (coming at you over an over) then you walk away. Someone who attacks then you do what you "have" to do. There should be repercussions for someone who attacks, but that could be calling the cops.

• I see that you have no interests in equality and you make special excuses for girls, just because they are girls. It's pointless for me to continue and argue for equality when you have no interest in that and hide behind things like "old fashioned". So I'll end this here.

• I'm not trying to argue. I don't know why you are. I was discussing without being a bitch to you. You obviously are incapable of the same decency. Your ignorance is draining.

• When they are trying to take your head off. Some women are strong big time and can mess a man up big time. And if she comes at me with a bat its game on

• Yep no argument from me there. It's hitting a women when there's other ways to stop her not just because she pissed you off by hitting you, that is my argument

• Right sounds good

• Why does your example only include men laying the beatdown on the woman in retribution?

Men are perfectly capable of simply slapping back if they were inclind to hit in the 1st place.

As a mater of fact. Giving a slap back probably has less chance of injury then trying to subdue her.

• It's was just one piece of my opinion. My point is I don't think a punch from a man is okay unless he can't do anything else. There's all different scenarios but I've seen men hit more out of anger than self-defense. That doesn't mean it's okay for a woman to hit. Just that if a man hits he's more likely to fuck her shit up. A slap maybe is okay depending on the scenario but my brother has "slapped" me and it felt like a stinging punch. Another point is he slapped me because of the shit I was saying, it pissed him off, not because I hit him or something.

• Back to my initial point, why mention punches? There's a big difference between a puch and a slap and you'd know if you actually got punched by a man.

I'm curious though, how old were the both of you when your brother slapped you?

• I was 19. He was 29. Since I've been married he hasn't hit me, but I rarely see him anyway. He's done more than slap me anyway. He thinks it's okay because I'm his sister. As far as I know he's never hit his gfs. I agree there's a difference between a snack and a punch but depending on the situation a snack isn't okay either. Because a smack made me not be able to close my mouth all the way and knocked me off my feet. When a guy is mad he's going to hit harder. Not hold back. I'm done with this conversation. Sorry. I don't want to be a bitch but I'm tired of going in circles.

• For the most part I agree, but not totally. I don't back down from a fight (run away), if somebody wants a fight they'll get it, man or woman. I'd certainly react different if a woman hit me, but I'm not just going to run away or let her hit me.
    So basically I agree with restraining, but not limited to that.

• That fine. I was just stating what a man could do instead of hitting a women back, in most cases.

• "Why I disagree is because most men are physically stronger than most women. You can restrain/run away," LMAO why would I run away from somebody physically inferior to me? Instead of beating the breaks off their ass? And don't feed me that "OMG but you guys are stronger" BS. Because if ___ knew that in the 1st place, why in the fuck would she ever think to "raise a hand" to me knowing that I could beat her to death if I chose too?

• I've never ran from a dude (no matter his size), so don't you dare say "bet you won't hit a man tho". Cuz I'll happily slump his ass if possible and the same thing goes for 1 of your hoes LOL

• Who said it's someone you don't know or knows you?

• LMAO I did and you'd think ____ that wouldn't be stupid enough to strike a girl that could lead the "cops" to him, right?

• I don't condone any sort of domestic violence whatsoever. However, I do believe that the ONLY circumstances where hitting a woman is remotely acceptable is if she is threatening the life of you or your family. For example she has a gun pointed at you or she is threatening to hit you dad or whatever.

• only if they are threatening you life and your defending your self. thats the only acceptable reason in my book

• I agree that hitting should only be used in self-defense.

There's a problem with your reasoning though, about men being bigger and stronger than women: It's irrelevant. What's relevant is how big and strong THIS man is and how big and strong THAT woman is, in particular, within a certain context. The generalities don't matter. That's like saying you shouldn't punish a thief for stealing because most people don't steal. Doesn't matter. THAT guy stole, so he gets punished.

So when you are evaluating how much force is warranted in a given situation, take sex out of the equation. You can leave size and strength in there, since it's relevant. But the sex is not. A large man who is a good fighter goes too far when he pummels a smaller, weaker man who is not as good of a fighter.

If you want to make it about size and strength, that's fine. But make it about the size and strength of the individuals, and sex isn't a part of that. If you take the size and strength out of sex, what's left in the sex argument to justify one of them taking it easier on the other?

Another thing you need to know. Men aren't THAT much stronger than women, and really mostly only from the waist up. Restraining someone is difficult and risky, even someone smaller and weaker than you. You don't have to hit very hard to severely hurt or even kill a person. If the woman is the better fighter, and she lands 5 punches to a guys face, she might be smaller and weaker but it doesn't matter.

The whole problem with this "men should never hit women" thing, in so much as it comes from women, is a lack of women's understanding and respect for their own capacity.

I'm sorry, if a woman wants to be violent, she's just as dangerous as a man, potentially.

• My brother is as skinny as me and he is a lot stronger than me. So you can go individually as you want but most men even the skinniest is stronger than the average women. Now if there comes a situation where you have to defend yourself you do it. Women or not my point is if your not being attacked but she did punch you once. You call the police not hit her back. If I was hit by my husband (he would never) I'd call the police not try to hit him back. If he's full out attacking me I'd do what I have to. Self-defense. Hitting to protect yourselves. Hitting out of anger to someone who can't take it. Judge who you're wanting to fight.

• I disagree with your assertion that even small, slight men are stronger than the average woman. Women fake their weakness for a multitude of reasons (shame at seeming masculine, garner damsel points, whatever).

And yes, everything is contextual. If a woman hits a man, and it somehow lands nicely, and the assault ends there, then sure -- hitting back is just retribution. If she hits him with a solid strike, and the assault doesn't end there, then he should use whatever force necessary (even a counter-offensive) to get it to stop.

But if she ever hits him he should leave her and make use of whatever social services are available to him to help with his extrication... oh wait, there aren't any. Well, he's a man, so he should just MAN UP and HANDLE HIS WOMAN I guess. Maybe even take responsibility for HER violence (such as by asking himself what HE DID to MAKE HER turn violent).

• You never commit an act of violence, violence is only necessary to destroy evil, it is not to be used to fix problems that can be solved in a peaceful manner.

• I would only retaliate if it hurt, same for men (although I would be tougher on a guy).

If I saw someone charging at me then I wouldn't need to be hurt to pre-emptively knock them on their ass.

• Never. But if I get punched in the face by a girl, broken nose and all how would you expect me to react? A guy does that, and if he doesn't knock me out at first shot there's a hit coming from me the next second, I'm pretty damn sure I'll lower my level for a girl too.

What you are doing is stereotyping "men should never hit women" thing. No different as if I said "I'm going to enter the house with dirty boots and leave mud all over the house lol, she's a woman so she'll clean it anyways". You see how annoying you sound?

• I've never hit a women and hopefully never will, the worst thing I will ever do is put them into some sort of arm bar until they calm the fuck down.

• I agree. Hitting in self defense is not the same as hitting in retaliation. Otherwise you get some 6'2" meathead cold-cocking his 98 pound waif of a girlfriend who slapped him just because she "hit" him first.

Respond with like force, not full force.

• you see the thing about this is: even though we are physically stronger, we can manage our strength. meaning if we hit somebody, we will not go full force and bash their heads in. we can control ourselfes... and i don´t see a reason why i shouldn´t hit back some stupid bitch that hits me in the face just because she believes that i wouln´t dare to hit a woman...

• it´s not about hurting them a lot. it´s about making them think "oh shit maybe i shouldn´t try that again"

• I disagree with this because the woman should know that the man is more physically powerful. It's not the guy's fault when she initiates violence.

• If someone tries to cause you harm and injury, then it's ok to hit them, it's self defense.
    If not, then it's not ok to hit anyone.

That said, I personally love hitting women... with my penis!!! 4 pounds

• Well, the only time it's ok to hit anyone not just the opposite sex is in self defense, that's the only time it's ok to kill, hit, or anything like that, ok well killing in warfare is ok, but that's pretty much self defense

• I think it's only ok to hit someone if they attack you

• When she doesn't do what she's told

• Self-defense is blind

• Talk shit, get hit

• When she hits you first or when you're flirting with her lol.

• il hit anyone who hits me even if its a weak girl like u

• it's acceptable in both genders.

What Girls Said 4

• Nope I don't think anyone should.

• I don't think people should hit each other.
    If I hit a guy, I expect to be hit back. And any girl that hits a guy should get hit back. And if a guy hits a girl then the girl can hit back

• people beat their kids who R a tenth of their size all the time. Why should a guy be gentle with a female anyway? Seems silly to me. In ur case call the police on your evil brother pls.

• People that beat their kids get in legal trouble and lose their kids. That's not okay either.

• If I were a man I'd find it hard not to bitch slap an annoying woman.