I was told white people shouldn't wear a Muhammad Ali shirt. Thoughts?

While buying a shirt with Muhammad Ali on the front, someone asked me who it was for. I explained that it was mine. They then went on to say that a white person should not be wearing a shirt from an "anti-white guy," and especially not a woman.

The Muhammad Ali situation, regarding the things that he has said in the past, is not as "black-and-white" (no pun intended) as people make it seem. There were a lot of factors that are involved, and I won't go through them, because I want your honest opinions.

Do you think it is ok for white people to like Muhammad Ali or wear his shirts?

06

Most Helpful Guy

• People can wear whatever the fuck they want

Sponsored

What Guys Said 5

• I'd have bashed their teeth down their throat, then told them that people with no front teeth shouldn't give fashion advice to people who actually have front teeth.

• I say have a smart ass response like this: "Should I be wearing a shirt with a Confederate Flag of a KKK Klansman on it?"

• Wear whatever want. The guy was a good boxer during tough political times.

• This is Amerca. You can wear any damn thing you want.

• Wait. Since when does white people give a rat's ass if other people don't like them?

Geesh.
    Wear it if you like it. Muhammad Ali was a kickass boxer. Bit of a bloated reputation but damn good and no doubt one of the best we've ever seen so far.

What Girls Said 0