GAGers, what is one normal thing which you find embarrassed to do?

For me, I feel embarrassed to cook my dad a meal even though I love him so much. I don't know what's wrong with me :(

Most Helpful Guy

• Hugging my parents. ):

We discussed this before I recall. Perhaps you've never been taught to express love to your dad in such a way which has caused you this awkwardness that you feel today when you think of cooking him a meal.

• I also remember I had a part time job during my secondary school holidays in those days. When I brought home my first paycheck of $500, I I felt so embarrassed when I gave my dad $100 cos it was the first time in my life that I expressed my love to him in that way. But I was no longer embarrassed when I gave him money that I earned subsequently. It's like magic when I overcame that embarrassment and awkwardness by confronting it, haha! This is called exposure therapy in cognitive behavioural therapy. Now when I recall that incident, I feel I am so siào at that time XD So maybe you should try this exposure therapy yourself by hugging your parents and younger sister since you are at home now :-)

• I'll try that. Thanks once again for the constructive advice. And on your part, you could attempt to prepare small side dishes or snacks for your dad & one day you'll get pass your fear of cooking for him! (:

• Oh, yeah, that really makes sense! :-)

What Guys Said 6

• Getting sick, especially when people pity me for it. It just feels like weakness to me, haha. I remember being in second grade, I was out sick for a day or two. The day I came back my teacher was like "where were you? You got sick, huh?", and for whatever reason I was so embarrassed I hid in a closet for like half an hour, hahaha. I've just flat out refused to acknowledge illness before😂

• This is hilarious XD Which human doesn't fall sick? :-P

• I'm usually pretty resilient. I have the immune system of a young Freddie Mercury😂...😔

• Farting at a party, in public or in presence of anyone - I assume people find it normal since they are so unmindful of it even in presence of other people :s

• Pooping in front of my SO

• I'm always embarrassed to be the first one to grunt-out a loaf at the annual Crapapolooza Festival.

• Embarrassment usually comes from some type of insecurity.

• I feel embarrassed to post body pics online, even being a guy xD

What Girls Said 2

• I'm not really embarrassed but more afraid. I'm hesitant to dance in public because when I dance it looks really weird bc I kinda just let loose. I save that dancing for when I'm listening to songs alone in my room.

• Sneezing. I don't know but I hate sneezing around people it makes me want to go and hide🙈