Can I get something important off my chest?

I told my brother I was an atheist and he told me "I still love you, it doesn't matter to me." Feels good man. ☺️

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm a buddhist. It doesn't matter to me either, and I love you too.

Have a wonderful night!

• 🤗🤗🤗 Internet hugz

• @BlueCoyote It matters little, as long as the goodwill, the altruistic intent and the spirit of peace is genuine. Wouldn't you agree?

• Well yes, I would generally I agree. I just think - and I'm not pointing at you in particular here - some westerners ought to better inform themselves about Buddhism. Of course there are many different branches of Buddhism but what is true for most of them is that REAL Buddhism includes a lot of things that western Buddhists would not necessarily agree with. For example Tibetan Buddhism tends to be quite sexist and very homophobic despite this romantic view we have of it here in the west. I'm saying this because I used to be very much into Buddhism too when I was around 18, 19, 20... until I read some stuff about it that I really didn't like. I'm not saying it's all bad. I would certainly choose Buddhism over any monotheistic religion any day. However, maybe the most important thing I've realized as a young adult was that in order to have goodwill and a spirit of peace and show altruism, I don't need to be a Buddhist. I can be secular and still embrace all these things.

Most Helpful Girl

• Sad that you even seemed to think he would react any differently..
    I'm an atheist and I don't walk like "I'm sorry but I can't be friends with you because you're religious" 😂

What Guys Said 2

What Girls Said 0