Are your parents still married or did they split up?

And do your parents have a good relationship? Tell us a bit about them...

• My parents are still married and happy together
    50% (21)43% (15)47% (36)Vote
  • My parents are still married but rather unhappy together (why are they still together then? Explain)
    10% (4)17% (6)13% (10)Vote
  • My parents are still married but don't live together anymore (separated)
    0% (0)9% (3)4% (3)Vote
  • My parents are divorced (are they still in touch? What's their relationship like?)
    36% (15)17% (6)27% (21)Vote
  • My parents have never been married but they're still together
    0% (0)3% (1)1% (1)Vote
  • One or both of my parents has/have passed away
    4% (2)11% (4)8% (6)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0
17|16

Most Helpful Girl

• I wish!
    My parents divorced when I was 10/11
    It wasn't an amicable break up, it was pretty hard going.. My mum had an affair on my Dad, so he's spent his life talking shit about her to us.

would always text us saying 'I'm going to ring the house phone - make sure you answer' because he didn't even want to hear her say hello on the phone - didn't have her number in his phone or whatever.. Which I kind of understand but like, she's the mother of your children.. You need that number incase something happens, you know?

It's pretty sucky!

2|0
    0|0
    • Only if she thought "he's the father of my children" before she sucked off that other guy.

• Show All
    • abe maa chuda saale firangi behen ke laude

• @microcephalicguy I can tell from 2 miles away that you've just typed some random bullshit

Most Helpful Guy

• My parents remained married until my father died almost five years ago (it's hard to believe it's been that long).

They were married for 51 years. Most of them were very happy. Shortly before my father passed away, I remember visiting and the hospice nurse had taken him to the table and he had an ice cream with my mother. The nurse told me, "They're on a date."

He couldn't eat much, so his ice cream was melting away, but he said to my mother, "We really *DID* have a good marriage, didn't we?"

My mother choked and couldn't reply, but nodded as tears streamed down her eyes.

They had some terrible years, don't get me wrong. However, they had more great years than bad years. I looked to their relationship as a model.

1|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 16

• The ol' 'rents are still married. Have been married for 25 years now. And they delight in driving each other crazy every single day lmao

They have 4 children together (myself and 3 siblings). They're each other's first marriage and they're kind of in it until death do they part lol

They both work long days (mom's a tax accountant so 80 hour weeks and dad runs a rendering plant o 60 hour weeks).

They work their asses off. And they seem to get along just fine haha

0|0
    0|0
  • My parents are happily married. I think the keys are trust, patience, affection and never insult your partner, never, my parents never insult each other.

0|1
    0|0
  • My parents have been divorced for 15 years... they have been getting along slightly better in the last year or 2 but previously it was hell. Mostly due to my mother. They are civil but don't get along if that makes sense. They are only in contact when it is about me or my brother. My mother remarried about 10ish years ago? My dad remarried around the same but divorced around 4 years ago and has been with his current girlfriend for 1-2 years.

0|0
    0|0
  • My parents divorced, and about 3 years later my dad died. Between that they got a long but didn't have any contact that did not concern my brother and I

0|0
    0|0
  • My parents have been divorced for over 20 years and they've both remarried.

0|0
    0|0
    • did they sleep around though while they were split up? do they have an open marriage now? was ur dad a stud?

• @microcephalicguy That is incredibly offensive and rude to ask. Do not do so again.

• My parents are divorced. No they are not friends, they rather not acknowledge each other's existence.

0|0
    0|0
  • My parents divorced when I was about 5 and then my mom remarried shortly after. My dad moved to Chicago and I saw him during the summers (it's a 5 hour drive). My senior year of high school (last year) he fell in his apartment and my brother and I found out he had stage 4 brain cancer. He passed away a few days after my graduation, he didn't get to attend.

0|0
    0|0
  • My parents are happy and married, have a really solid relationship that I can't even come between. They kind of hated each other back in University because my dad was a teachers pet and used to shush my mom in class often because she talks a lot lool. After the Somali civil war, they saw each other a couple years later in a refugee camp and were happy to see a familiar face. they got married with next to nothing and struggled their way from the bottom together :) v inspiring

0|0
    0|0
  • None of the above. My parents were never married. They broke up before I was born. I've had multiple homes my entire life and I'm fine with that, but in the future I want my own kids to experience a more traditional family situation.

0|0
    0|0
  • Why is it any of your business to know about my personal life?

0|1
    0|0
    • So why not just avoid the question? GTFO kid

• Show All
    • @BangBadBxtches its okay i reported you too :)

• My parents divorced a few years ago. They don't speak much at all.

0|0
    0|0
  • My parents are still married.

0|0
    0|0
  • They're together but going through a rough spot right now. Don't know what will happen once I go to college and they're at home alone with eachother.

0|0
    0|0
  • They are happily married!

0|0
    0|0
  • They are still married.

0|0
    0|0
  • I wish my parents were divorced. They always fight and are just truly unhappy. but my dad is unemployed due to health reasons and my mom can't afford alimony.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 15

• I think my parents have been married almost 40 years..

1|1
    0|0
  • My parents separated twice, but eventually stayed together until his death. I told my mother she should have divorced him long before.

0|1
    0|0
  • parents are divorced. even after more than 10 years my mom is still pretty bitter. i can't really bring up my dad in conversation with her... my dad isn't bitter though

0|0
    0|0
  • My parents split and came back together my puppy helped them getting back so I'm really happy I bought that puppy at the right time.

0|1
    0|0
  • 30th anniversary this September

0|0
    0|0
  • Divorced, my mother is weird so they don't talk much if at all. My father tries to actively avoid her.

I am glad they are divorced. Their marriage was toxic.

0|0
    0|0
  • My parents are married since 35 years, they did not had life like fairy tales , they have opposite personalities and had lot of clashes, in short they had not very pleasant life together, but they did not split, because the society we belong to, there people do not split because of their children , they somehow manage and sacrifice their happiness for sake of better future and grooming of their children. same thing my parents did and now when we children are well settled they are happy with each other that they have finally made it even though it was difficult rather almost impossible, but in our society most of parents do so for their children due to which divorce rate is minimal, perhaps the lengthiest marriages are in my society.

0|0
    0|0
  • Been married 25+ years now still gong strong.

0|0
    0|0
  • Married almost 40 years so far

0|0
    0|0
  • My parents are still happily together... well most days! LOL

0|0
    0|0
  • They still together. Growing old and all but guess the love is still there :)

0|0
    0|0
  • my parents have been married for over 25 years

0|0
    0|0
  • They're together 💁

0|0
    0|0
  • My parents are still married and happy for the most part

0|0
    0|0
  • My parents had me at 14 years. Mother is in my life, father isn't. They never got married.

0|0
    0|0