And do your parents have a good relationship? Tell us a bit about them...
- My parents are still married and happy togetherVote A
- My parents are divorced (are they still in touch? What's their relationship like?)Vote B
- My parents have never been married but they're still togetherVote C
- My parents are still married but rather unhappy together (why are they still together then? Explain)Vote D
- My parents are still married but don't live together anymore (separated)Vote E
- One or both of my parents has/have passed awayVote F
Most Helpful Girl
My parents divorced when I was 10/11
It wasn't an amicable break up, it was pretty hard going.. My mum had an affair on my Dad, so he's spent his life talking shit about her to us.
would always text us saying 'I'm going to ring the house phone - make sure you answer' because he didn't even want to hear her say hello on the phone - didn't have her number in his phone or whatever.. Which I kind of understand but like, she's the mother of your children.. You need that number incase something happens, you know?
It's pretty sucky!2
- Show AllShow Less
Most Helpful Guy
My parents remained married until my father died almost five years ago (it's hard to believe it's been that long).
They were married for 51 years. Most of them were very happy. Shortly before my father passed away, I remember visiting and the hospice nurse had taken him to the table and he had an ice cream with my mother. The nurse told me, "They're on a date."
He couldn't eat much, so his ice cream was melting away, but he said to my mother, "We really *DID* have a good marriage, didn't we?"
My mother choked and couldn't reply, but nodded as tears streamed down her eyes.
They had some terrible years, don't get me wrong. However, they had more great years than bad years. I looked to their relationship as a model.2