Which of the 3 main religions is most likely the real one and why?

If you had to pick the likelihood that a religion ia real which of the 3 main religions would you say is most likely real and why?

• Christianity
  • Islam
  • Judaism

Most Helpful Girl

• Even if I wasn't a Muslim I'd still choose Islam because its the one I most agree with.
    The Quran is the only Holy Book that hasn't been changed and contrary to what the media states about Islam it has a lot of good teachings in it.
    Some of which are:
    -Taking care of your parents in old age (yes the other religions have this too but Islam time and again reinforces it as a priority. There are countless examples of verses in the Quran stating it)
    -Taking care of your neighbours (other Abrahamic religions might have this too, yet once again Islam places a priority on it -like in one of the verses it is stated to be a sin for a Muslim to go to sleep knowing their neighbours went to bed on a empty stomach (like say they were in difficulty and a Muslim knew of it, yet didn't do much about it < this is my example of it)
    -Charity (is one of the pillars of Islam) - again other religions have this too yet Islam is the first and only religion to have it as a compulsory act, i. e. as a pillar of faith. A Muslim has to donate their income and if they do not it is a sin. While other religions might have this as giving money, in Islam charity is anything that is a good deed done to help others. Say you didn't earn much yet made it a point to take your elderly neighbour shopping, or did their shopping for them (that would be considered a charity too).
    -Namaaz (Salah) is another pillar of Islam. Muslims pray 5 times a day. And there have been studies done that show the health benefits of it. Also many people I know have said when they pray, they find solace (people who were depressed etc)
    -I'll conclude with this point cause I can go on but I don't think you want to read a essay lol
    -Lastly read the scientific miracles of the Quran. It's really interesting. And for me personally, this gives Islam a higher favour than the other Abrahamic religions because the Quran is the only Holy Book that states the scientific discoveries, Science has discovered in the past and now. A book composed 1400 years ago.
    -Also if you Google about Astronauts going into Space, there are countless articles which state the only sound they heard (in a place with no satellite) was of the Adhaan (call to prayer) and that Makkah and Madina (holy cities in Saudia Arabia) were glowing very brightly.

Thus these all for me are factors that would contribute towards knowing Islam is the real religion.

Most Helpful Guy

• C is the obviously correct answer.

Because if C is false, so are A and B.

By contrast, C could be true, without A and B being true.

So whatever the odds of A or B being true, C must be as high or higher.

So the answer is C.

• what is the "logic" in By contrast, C could be true, without A and B being true.

• @xan1488 christianity and islam are both extensions of judaism that believe what is in the torah is true.

What Girls Said 15

• I don't know maybe christianity? How am i suppose to know?

• quran is the only holy book to remain unchanged because muslims memorize it to the last letter. also it's the most recent and doesn't say judaism or christianity is wrong but just that they've been corrupted.

• Please tell us some more facts about Islam and its scripture Quran, which shows that really it is the best choice.

• @ArabianPwincess197 perhaps u should also give your individual opinion on this question

• They both sprung from Judaism so I'd say that one but tbh I am an agnostic atheist. I don't think most, if any of what went on in those books is true. I don't take issue with people who do though. These religions help to keep a lot of people in line & give them something to believe in and cling to- which can be very important when someone doesn't have much else- so they are very important in that facet & is no doubt the reason they are still around today.

• They all fake m8

• I don't think that we are competent enough to speak about that.
    We are going to be subjective.
    All the Christians will say Christianity,
    Muslims will say Islam and so on.

• I don't know what you mean by which one is "real" - all of them are real religions that people practice.

• Christianity because it's the only one I know. If I were to become religious again, it would be in christianity.

• At the point wouldn't it make sense to look into all options before becoming religious again?

• Dear anything which we adore in this world is the result of discipline, everyone likes military Officers, how they get that charm? Discipline! rather a strict discipline.. All innovations and marvels u see around you are result of discipline. So for a responsible citizen discipline is as important as oxygen, it is weak and negative people of societies who hate discipline. m sure u too like and know the importance of discipline.

• I think they're all real in different ways. Same god, similar practices.

• Probably none of the above. I don't know

• Islam has ideas both Christinity and Judaism have, in addition to its own.

Chrisitnity has ideas Judaism has, in addition to its own.

Modern Judaism has ideas ancient Judaism had, in addition to its own.

• None. If the Greek gods we're deemed myths then there is absaloutly nothing stopping all other religions from being myths. Its great to have faith in something but some of the things people believe in are just plain stupid.

• Judaism is the oldest religion, Christianity is the same thing as Judaism but they be live Jesus is the their saviour. Also, a lot of middle eastern Jews consider " jew" to be a race. Islam and Buddhism came after Christianity. a lot of scholars think the word of yeshua was lost in translation and twisted so came birth to Islam and Buddhism. anyway they all believe in the same god

• Jehovah' s Witnesses. They can back up all of their beliefs by scripture and verse. There's many sects within religion.. Christianity too. Jehovah's witnesses are Christian but not part of Christendom. No matter where you go in the world the Witnesses are united in their beliefs. I don't know any other religion which is.

• @ Anonymous (25-29)
      About every religion backs up its belief by scripture and verse.

• @jacquesvol

No they can't because I've question many religious leaders so they most certainly can't

• I believe in Christianity but since Islam was the last one to come out it might have newer things that we follow wrong about Christianity (I don't really follow any religion nor have knowledge tho haha)

• Or being that late, it might have accumulated more errors before being put in writing.
      There are always two sides on a coin.

• @xan1488 I'm always interested in learning more than I already know. :)

• @jacquesvol thats a very positive habit and help u very much in your life. and let me know if u see any error in Islam. i would be glad to clear any misconception :)

• Wiccan.

What Guys Said 33

• These are all of the Abrahamic religions meaning they're essentially the exact same and they all worship the exact same god. Thus, they are are exactly equal in terms of likelihood.

• in my opinion they have common sources:
    *-Judaism has some sources in the Gilgamesh epic and in Persian Zoroastrism.

*-Christianity is a heresy of Judaism with Greek and Mithraist and Egyptian influence, possibly some Buddhist influence too.

*-Islam is a heresy of Christianity , probably through Syriac-Alexandrian Arianism with original Arabic pagan elements.

Judaism would be the oldest, of course.

It's a stew and people pick what the like best.

• can u simplify your statement please? i couldnt understand

• @xan1488 Religion in general was what helped to establish the bases of human society when that started in the Neolithic after the hunters and gathers period: it gave the first laws, the first health rules, the first judges, the first social security, even the first shrinks when mankind started living in society, some 12,000 years ago. Historically, At the dawn of humanity religion has been of highest importance. (Among others, it permitted also to manipulate cave men in a positive sense, using fear tactics.)
      I wrote that already more than once on Gag. It was an important phase in the development of Humanity. It was often grossly abused too.

• Judaism is not a main religion. Only 0.2% of the world population are Jews. Compare that with 31.5% Christians and 22.3% Muslims. There are quite a few religions in between.

• Judaism. It is the oldest, and the one the other two are based on.
    It is 6,000 years old, compared to 2,000 for Christianity, and 1,350 or so for Islam. It started them all. If only one is true, I would hedge my bets there.

That said, it is not the only true one. I am Christian. The only way for Christianity to be true is if Judaism is ALSO true.

• Im pretty sure they all come down faith and believing something without proof. Most people will just say the religion they were raised with is the right one.

I dont know enough about the others to pick one but I personally doubt any of them have all the answers.

• If I was forced at gun-point to change to either of these young religions, it would probably be Christianity, though I don'r really have a preference among either of them.

All the younger religions, like these, seem kind of selfish to me
    like they've forgotten something important.

• None of the above.

I'm a Christian, but I'm realistic and logically about almost everything in my life including my beliefs. Logic dictates that all three have just as much chance as the others to be "the real one," if there even is a "real one."

• Lets talk logically, All 3 are Ibrahamic religions, from same God sent to mankind in chronological order, first, Judaism then Christianity and finally Islam.
    So we can say these are three versions by same Publisher.
    earlier two version are obsoleted due corruption in their respective scriptures by humans, as proof u can see number of versions are available for Bible and Torah.
    So we have full and FINAL version Islam by the same GOD which is same as it was and will remain forever (as per promise by GOD himself) and for proof, Quran the Islamic Scripture is exactly same as it was revealed even after 1400 years, not even an alphabet is changed.
    So, after being assured logically i go for Islam.

• What are the versions of the the bible and Torah?

• Where the source of pruning and editing? aren't those parts of one whole book?

• dear pruning and editing has been in effect since almost 4000 years according to needs and requirements of Jews, due to these pruning and editing jews were banished by God and Judaism was obsoleted when Christianity was revealed, ask any Jew he will testify it that current Torah is not 100% original.

• None, each has SOME truth, and each has many parables that many people take literally. But none are the end all be all religion (I honestly do not think that any monotheistic religion could be), and each claims an exclusive path to God which in my experience just isn't so, their are many paths and many ways to the divine.

• None.

• wow that question makes no sense at all. it´s all fiction. none of them is the "real" one. they´ve all been created on the same basic idea, that´s all you can say aboutit.

it´s like asking what mavel comic depicts the "real" superman. there is no real superman...

• also calling them "main" religions makes no sense. they are the abrahamic religions. callem them "main" religions would mean that they are in any way superior to other religions.

• I think the asker was trying to go by the amount of people practicing the religion in the world. But in this case Hinduism should replace Judaism as it's the third most popular religion.

• @lanagirl nah he probably lives under the illusion, that one of the 3 books must be based on a true story/ a really existing god.

• People can see a glass as half full or half empty. Who is right? That depends on your viewpoint, your situation, your motivation, etc.
    Isn't it the same with religion? They all say there's a God as a higher being. Isn't the rest a matter of perspective? Isn't it impossible to say who's right because every one is right from it's own perspective?

• I'm not even aware of the metric that people would use to prove anything supernatural to begin with never mind narrowing them down.

• I'll go with Islam.. It has all the codes nd morals nd lessons you need to live.. Some people are really defaming Islam but only the real Muslims know how peaceful this religion really is

• Judaism, as both other religions were based off this one.
    Wich means this one would be closest to the 'source'

Both christianity/islam accept the old testament as real, but claim their prophet as THE prophet

So the old testament is the only part all 3 of them can accept as being real.

Still the idea of any of these being real is complete bullshit and has no proof what so ever.

• Wrong - Christianity claims Jesus is the son of God. Muslims believe Prophet Muhammad (Peace Be Upon Him) and Prophet Isa (Jesus) Alayhi Asalam (Peace Be Upon Him) - are both messengers of God (Allah)

• The three of em are real , but which one is the true one , well we Muslims believe all three are right but with some conditions , and of course I'd say Islam is the true relgion

• 0|0
  • They are all tied together. Christianity and Islam both came from Judaism. A more apt discussion would be to compare Abrahamic religion with something like Hinduism or Pagan religions.

• Christianity has been used as a manipulation tool in many cases.
    I don't trust people with religion, rather than being individual about things.

• There is no right one. They are all very similar, all three likely stem from the same source you were to look hard enough

• I have no idea. if the literature is to be trusted then both islam and christianity are real as they are tied into the same lore.
    Abraham's two sons.
    Buuut I don't read science fiction so they're all equally bullshit.

• None. They're all clones of earlier religions that nobody practices anymore.

• Hahahaaahahahaahahaha one of these religions being the truth?

Laughably impossible.

• Neither of them.

• That's not the question

• I understand the question, but I do not think that either of the answers is correct. I do not believe either of them are any more likely than the other. I think they're all incorrect. So I have not voted.

• All Christians are Jews, Jesus was a Jew not a Christian but Christ provoked jewdeo-Christian and eventually just becoming Christians/Catholic church.

• They all sound like fairytales and honesty there's no empirical, objective evidence that one is more real then the others.

• They're all paths to the same destination

• Really? They're all basically the same shit, fundamentally. Just have minor changes here and there

• Seems that Arabian Princess (in the UK) is afraid to debate about her oppressive religion. Nice try blocking me. But you can't handle the truth muslims.

This is my reply to you Arabian Princess in the UK.

''The country you live in as an INVADER gives you rights. Rights you probably wouldn't have in any Islamic country. And you're damn right. I won't show any respect to any fucked up religion that preaches death to infidels, owing sex slaves, sex with children, stoning women to death, execution of gay people, honour killing, animal abuse and all this because a pedophile warmonger says so in his holy book. If there are any ''good people'' in Islam (thats a good joke) then we expect them to protest on the streets against religious extremists along with infidels. Will you do it? I know you don't. Because you support your muslim hate preachers morally.
    I also find it good that you fear us ''haters'' (look who's talking). Because this is the only language you understand. Once we show kindness and courtesy to you, you take the chance and fuck us. You perceive kindness as a weakness ''Ahaa, he is kind with me. This means he is afraid. Im gonna fuck him.''

• More from Guys
    3