What would have to happen for you to know god exists?

If you believe god does not exists what would have to happen for you to believe god exists?

Most Helpful Girl

• I would probably think he's the worse supreme being ever. If he is so omnipotent as he claims to be (hence calling himself god), then he would have long stopped disasters from happening, esp 9/11 and others things and not let anyone suffer ever again.

The fact that he either can't do it, is able to or refuses to do it then it doesn't make him omnipotent. If he can't stop it then he's not god. If he could but just watches and refuses, then he's lazy and therefore a mean supreme being, still not god.

• is not able to

• Less innocent people getting killed. Free will should be about choosing your own lifestyle as long as you're not out murdering people, which that's sick.

• I feel like you kinda avoided the question.

What if you space out and cross the street to get hit by a car and die. By the same logic it wasn't my free will to did that way

Most Helpful Guy

• Its an abstract idea that only makes sense in a fairytale sense of mind. If it was true then i think it would be very different to what anyone could comprehend. There is no solid evidence of god's existence and that is a question which will probably never be answered. We could find out all the answers of the universe and know exactly how everything works and how it all began. But whether that was a creation or not is just going beyond what we are in the universe and entering another realm of imagination. You can't possibly prove it or at least not with what our minds are capable of at this point in time.

What Girls Said 8

• God would have to show himself to me personally and prove his powers. But even then I'd probably just assume that I've lost my mind and that I'm hallucinating.

• Apparently we'd all burn in hell, which seems odd considering he's supposed to be an all merciful father. Kind of seems contradictory.

• If he appeared in front of me and did something to prove it wasn't just a guy dressed up. And this would have to happen a few times in order for me to believe it. But seeing how it never will, I'm quite content with my disbelief.

• I'm here, you're here. We're surrounded by a vast universe full of miracles. That's enough for me. I don't need anything else to happen.

• I already believe that He exists.

• I'd have to see him/her/it myself. And even then I'd think I'm hallucinating.

• He could ask all his followers to stop harassing me and trying to convert me all the time and mind their own business for starters. THAT would never happen so it would make me a believer if it did. The day religious people stop being so pushy and rude all the time I will believe in god. I am tired of the preachers that come to campus to scream at people and scare people until they cry, if god could stop that from happening I would believe in him.

• Seeing is believing.

• This is a flawed statement. Just because one does not see, does not mean it does not exist. You feel the light breeze of wind go against your skin, but you can't see it, yet you know it exist. You know we inhale O2 and exhale CO2. You also do not see air, unless it evolves into a tornado. We know these things exists because it has been explained by science.

HOWEVER, I do believe any religious debate is pointless debate and I'm a religious person. I'm ashamed for even being associated in the same religion to those individuals that imposes our beliefs to those non-believers. I have not stumbled into a thread that has an atheist formulate any arguments against a believer. Why? Because its fucking pointless arguing with someone that explains all answers with the end result of God or God's Will even when it's proven by science they still manage to incorporate god. So non-believers are smart enough not to argue.

• www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1901527-atheists-how-do-you-explain-time-without-god

A good example of a wannabe follower that is close-minded and rather attack someone who does not believe there's a god. Keep in mind to his updates and to the response. Total contradiction and a hypocrite. Look at @Dandeus and @Intraluminal response... made perfect sense. You just can't win arguing with someone who are believers and somehow feels like the believers are way more superior beings than those that does not believe. That's why this topics are ridiculous and stupid tbh.

• @Baggz It was a vague statement because I don't know what needs to be done to make me a believer. I am not a religious person, nor do I want to be. I'd rather live my life to the best of my ability, and when I die that's it.

Yes, people feeling superior because of one belief or anything isn't good. I say live and let live. If you want to believe that's your life. If someone else doesn't, that's fine it's their life.

What Guys Said 14

• If I was an atheist or non-believer, I would ask you first why do you want to know. Are you some messenger of god and and have some sort of direct communication with him, like you're some messenger of god, to make this "happen" happen in order for me to believe in him/her? If no, then no. Who are you to judge me if I do not believe? Am I hurting anyone for not believing that there is a omnipotent being with supernatural abilities that supersedes any law? Are you superior than me because you have faith and I do not? As far as I can tell, I have the same capabilities and genetic makeup as any other human being on the planet.

• It would take a booming voice and / or a physical manifestation coupled with some inexplicable things like walking through walls and pulling items out of thin air to convince me. Even then, I would just get myself checked for schizophrenia or some other mental illness before deciding that it was really a "god".

• He/she/it would have to fight me, and actually win/beat me.

That'd be a feat worthy of a god.. ^.~

• Turn the question around on yourself which some slight variations and you'd have your answer. What would it take for you to believe in another God? What would it take for you to know that Krishna is real? Zeus? Thor? Would you even accept that evidence or would you think it was a demonic force trying to turn you against your faith?

If you're an introspective person you'll challenge yourself more which I think is something we should all do more often.

• He made hot women, he exists xD

• God or a godlike entity would have to communicate with me identify itself as God and demonstrate the ability to violate the laws of physics at will.

• The only current proof of God is a lack of proof against, any shred of hard evidence could sway me. To be believe for certain would take him appearing and proving he is who all the hype has been about.

• I can't think of anything good enough to convince me. The existence of god is a very extraordinary and extremely improbable claim. The evidence would have to be overwhelming.

• It would have to very publicly reveal itself and prove it's powers, so I could be certain it wasn't a hallucination.

• if he explained me all the things about the universe or removes all the pain and suffering of mankind, then i will believe god exists

• If s/he shuts up evangelicals for good in one way or another.

• I guess they probably need an actual human that claims I'm God? I don't know.

• For him to reveal himself to me. And soon after make sure that I'm not schizophrenic.

Let's just say that I haven't received faith yet.

• The churches should publish a certified autopsy report and it should be accepted by his life insurance company.