Have any of you felt that you actually cheated death?

I think I literally cheated death 4 times, both as a toddler and when I was older.

1st: I was a 9-10 month old baby jumping from my crib. I was about to hit the hard floor face down if it wasn't for my father that caught me in midair with one hand.

2nd: I'm a 2 year-old that lets go of my mother's hand and decides to run over the streets. A car stops in the nick of time and is scolds loudly at my mother.

3rd: I'm still a toddler but slightly older and decide to climb through an open window. My mother catches me from behind by the hair before I took a step (I would have fallen to death or been seriously injured for sure).

As a 17 year-old:
I was at the beach with my girl friend and her sister. Since I'm a good swimmer I decided to go further. It got to the point I couldn't swim back no matter how hard I was trying (instead the waters kept pulling me further, it was scary) and my feet has long stopped reaching the sand. All I did is wave my hand for help and someone guy got me.

Interesting how I could have long be gone by now and be writting here.

Most Helpful Girl

• Absolutely right I do.. Only last August I suffer a very severe heart attack, necessitating me having to undergo emergency open heart surgery.. I am just so grateful and thankful to the amazing skill of my wonderful surgeon.. For the rest of my days on this planet I shall be ever in his debt for saving my life.

• yeah, I never saw that guy who pulled me out of the waters again. I said thank you to him that day but that was it.

• Fortunately I have seen my surgeon several times since he operated on me, for checkups/followups.. Each time I thank him, he smiles and says "I Was Just Doing My Job!" .. How does anyone reply to that?

• OMG.. Thank you so very, very much indeed for the MHO. <3 xx

What Guys Said 9

• Yeah I'd say a few times I feel like I have cheated death.

When I was born premature apparently I've been told I was close to dying for a week or two before finally becoming stable. It was really bad & I remember seeing pictures of me with all kinds of stuff hooked up to me trying to keep me alive.

Another time I remember was driving & I was hit head on by a drunk driver & I got knocked unconscious by it. Woke up later obviously :)

Luckily we both survived :)

• I know I have. First time I was maybe 10. Lightning struck the house just as I was turning on a light in the bathroom (maybe that triggered the lightning). It arced from the switch on the wall to a metal vent pipe. It knocked me across the room and literally through the drywall. Dazed and confused I could smell the singed hair. When I told my Mom she didn’t believe me until she saw the fused switch and “weld” looking spot on the pipe.

Second, I was speeding (100+MPH) and lost control. Car rolled…. flipped…over and over. I wasn’t wearing a seat belt. Finally landed with mailbox posts pushing up through the floor and pushed the steering wheel out the windshield. Somehow everything slowed down and I pushed my back against the roof and pushed hard on the seat backs to brace myself. I pushed the passenger door open and crawled out. My buddy pulled over and we got in his car and went to a neighbor who is a State Trooper. By the time we came back to the scene emergency personnel were on the scene. They thought I was dead lying in the grass somewhere. They didn’t believe I walked away without a scratch. One guy said in his x number of years he’s never seen anyone survive the wreck I had.

Next time gunfire came through a window and hit the wall on the other side of me. Once the situation was under control one of my buddies could not believe I was not hit at all. He said it was like Samuel Jacksons character in Pulp Fiction.

There are more...

• I drunk gasoline when I was 4 and survived.
    I ducked under my father's truck when was speeding down the hill, was a regular thing for me when I first started walking.
    I threw a centipede at the door during a storm.
    I fell off a really high tree getting hit by several branches.
    I feel on a 2 by 4 plank with nails at an abandoned and restricted building.
    I fell off of the dock and into the water, swallowing water. Couldn't swim at the time, luckily someone was there to pull me out.
    Nearly got hit by a truck.

• I was nearly hit by a bus when I was younger in my mind it was close but in reality there could have been plenty of space.

• Several times actually but worse time is when I fell into a lake when on the side of a rock face part, slipped off the ledge of it and fell in and couldn't swim at 13 yet especially fresh water but my younger was close by and reached out to grab my hand every time I surfaced up for a moment, almost didn't make it

• yes i do.
    first time) my tonsils were bad and i got blood poisoning. and they had to do emergency surgery to remove them. they only gave me 10% chance of wakeing up.
    2nd) went into anaphylactic shock do to a medication and spent over a week in the hospital

• I had a tumor in my spinal cord and it would've killed me if it wasn't diagnosed and removed when it was. Then I got an infection in my heart while I was in the hospital and I almost died. Another time I got very sick and I had a 106° fever and I was in the ICU for a week.

• probably.

• Almost got hit by a fire truck when I was three. My mom yanked me out of the way at the last second.

What Girls Said 5

• Maybe 5 times through out my life.

1st. When I was born I was blue due to being choked by my umbilical cord.

2nd. Was hit in the head when I was 2-3yrs old by this thing. It knocked me out for a couple of seconds. I didn't suffer any brain injuries. Though my grandma trying to stop this thing broke a bone around her elbow.

3rd. I had pneumonia when I was 3 and my temp was around 103-104. Still had to be in the hospital for a while.

4th. Almost 6 years ago I did this crazy car stunt trying to get to this one place before my friend. If 1 slip up happened it would have been really bad.

5th. Almost 5 years ago. I had a car wreck and my car flipped. I didn't suffer any injuries. Just my whole body was really sore the next day.

• Thank you for sharing. It sucks that I never got to see that guy who pulled me out of the waters again after saying my ''thank you''.

• that mustve been scary for your mother, I think I cheated death when i was 13, I was crossing the street to get the handball and a car turns left out of nowhere, hits me and I flew in the air - fell onto the car and then the cement floor, and I still managed to get up in one piece. that whole mess turned into a lawsuit loll

• Nope maybe one time but i never cheated my body was fighting it.

• I was almost hit by a train about two years ago.

• thank you for sharing that... yeah that was a close one.

• Nope.