In a scale of 1-10, how much do you hate it when people misspelled your name?

I HATE IT! because I'm not "Clarissa" or "Klarissa" BRUH!
1- you don't even care
10- you super duper hate it

• I don't even care bruhhh. whateverrrrrrrrr makes you happy at night <3
  • OH HELL NO! WHY YOU FUCKING MISSPELLING MY NAME? LIKE WHY? SERIOUSLY...

Most Helpful Guy

• Oh my god, I hate it so much and it happens all the time, like my whole life! My first AND last name! I go by Steve, but on official stuff (or if my mom is mad at me) I'm Steven. And like 90% of the time they hit me with "Stephen." And then my last name is a Mac- name, like MacDonald, MacTavish, etc, and it CONSTANTLY gets spelled Mc-, it drives me bananas😤 And the second part of my last name, which will remain top secret🤐 ALWAYS gets misspelled too! All in all, it's literally like a < 5% chance the whole thing gets spelled right, and that includes when I fill out forms, whoever does the data entry still botches it🙄 At very least they don't capitalize the second part of the last name, another pet peeve of mine. But usually they fuck it up across the board, haha. I've given up at this point...

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 30

• Even spellcheck and auto-correct get my name wrong, and computers are supposed to be smarter than people. if I were to get mad for every time my name got misspelled, i'd have an aneurysm by now. even better, its mispronounced all the time too...
    I just learned to find the humor in which fucked up way that my name was going to be fucked up... solved the problem for me.

• my name is Adam so i've never seen it misspelled.

i get that it's frustrating but don't you think spelling clarissa with two S's vs one is kind of a forgivable mistake?

• My Grandfather is from Hungary so my last name is Szepesi, I've met like 2 people in my entire life tha knew how to spell the name with out me telling them so I just spell it for everyone. My first name is Lukas usually peope get that right but I've never been mad if someone misspelled my name. You shouldn't really be mad either how are they supposed to know exactly?

• *checks message I just sent you*
    phew, I spelled it right xD

I dont really mind but spelling "Angelo" isn't that difficult :P Clarisa on the other hand xD autocorrect changes it to "Clarissa" so maybe thats why a lot of people spell it wrong :P

• My name is pretty much impossible to misspell lol but what annoys me is when people mishear it and think it's something else lol.

• I don't mind too much...
    Oh gosh, remember the first time? I screwed up your name *feels very shy* :-(
    Think I wrote it with double ss!

• my last name. it's worse when they can't pronounce it. you'd think saying people would know that "... addy" gives you a short a. i really wonder how people actually passed preschool

• I am lucky I have a very common name - You can't go far wrong with David or Dave.

• It took my elementary school like 6 years to get my last name right in the school yearbooks. And it's not even an unusual name. They decided to spell it so weirdly just for the hell of it.

• I'm used to it: nine out of then will misspell mine.

• A 1 if it carries no consequences, a 10 if it's on official documents like loan documents or a car title where it would be a pain in the ass to correct later or cause other ancillary problems.

• I'm Niall, not Nail. Not Niel, not Nile, not Neal, not Miles, not Kyle. Jaysus.

• that's a pretty name!

• Have people suddenly been able to spell yr name correctly since 1D?

• Funnily enough, I was just about to leave a comment on a question about that. Most people say "Niall? Like River Nile?", which bothers me, and when I correct them they indeed say "Oh, like One Direction!"
      Blech.

• I actually don't really care about it at all.
    However, one of my good friend nearly spells my name wrong every time he mentions me in our chat group. My buddies and I end up teasing him and making him mad lol. So, it's the reverse result for me.

• Nah, my name is easy to spell. Did have high school substitute teacher once ask if happened to spell my name with a "y". I was just like really dude? 😑

• Ok Karissa 😉😂

• Blame the Auto correct

• No I don't. But I hate it when they spell it wrong backwards.

• Most people can't manage to spell my last name even though it appears in about 50 news articles an hour on any given day. :D It doesn't really bother me, I do find it surprising though.

• Joe or Joey isn't very easy to misspell... I did have a friend in 2nd grade who spelled my name Jowy XD

• people spell my last name all the time wrong. I'm used to it.

• :'c stooop bullying meeee !! Or im gonna calll the mods !

• Tom
    Not that difficult 😂 lol

• My name is pretty easy to spell.

• My name is impossible to spell wrong. You have to be a new brand of stupid to get it wrong.

• Well Ryan is not that difficult to misspell

• I dare you to try. I have a whole list of people that I will be visiting soon over this matter.

• I hate it a lot really.

• If someone misspelled John then he/she must be a retard...

• I always found it funny how nobody could spell my surname, it was interesting seeing all the different ways people spelt it

• 1, I mean 'one'.

What Girls Said 34

• It's is so stupid to get mad at this... Solely for the reason that your mother could spell your name a freakishly weird way (not saying that yours is, but just in general), and how are the rest of the people supposed to guess, how your mom decided to spell it? .. Most people will spell it the natural way in most cases.

For example, Alex, Aleks, ... Most people will generally write ALEX, but what if your weird mother decided to spell it AL-X! .. How is it not stupid for him to get mad when people write alex? "Omg how can you be so stupid!! I am now mad at you for not knowing that my make is not Spelled "ay" "el" "ee" "ex"!!! It's spelled "ay" "el" "hyphen" "ex"! Like this "AL-X"! ...😒😒😒😒. Who's the stupid one in this scenario? 😕... If he gays mad, he has mental problems.

Mispronunciation could be a little more rational to be mad over, especially for simple names... But then again we all have different accents. ... But most people are drama queens 👸💁 and like to complain and get mad and cry for every insignificant thing... Rather than to waste that energy in something productive... I mean what do you do? Nothing! Laugh at them 😂😂😂😁😛

• If you misspell my name then you are automatically an idiot of epic proportions. My name is Alex. Alex. It's not that hard.

That being said, I have had people spell it Alix and then try to tell me that they thought it was the "common spelling" and yes, I snapped at them about it lol

• F*** the spelling... Know one ever get's my name correct period! Raven, Robin, Rabecca, Rachel, Rose, Rina, Rihanna, Rochelle, Roxy, Riley, Rorey, Ricki, Remy, Rafèlla, Rona, Ruby, Roquelle, Regina, Ray, Rhonda... And I have a popular boy's name. I've even been called Kelly, Laura and Earl daily😒😒 the spelling wouldn't piss me off as much as them getting it wrong. It's bad enough everyone assume's a white guy before meeting me or ask for extra proof that I'm me😡😬👊like yeah I wanna drag my butt out of bed to take another mfs test or waste my money on somebody else's bill's lmao😂😢

• Ehh... Idrc about when people misspell it it just gets annoying getting called a completely different name all the time that doesn't sound anything like the other except for the fact that it starts with the same letter.

Mispronounciation can get annoying to sometimes but getting called a completely different name is much worse.

• Well not many Sarah's/Sara's spell their name with 2 R's like me haha :P (Sarra)
    So it doesn't really bother me when people spell it Sarah or Sara instead of Sarra, it's still the same name :)
    Tunisians just thought it was cool to add a 2nd R lol 8) :P

• When it's my first name I get super annoyed, because it's not that hard to spell Jamie. Especially when someone has known me awhile and has seen my name spelled correctly, yet spells it Jaime or something backwards like that.

When it's my last name... I'm totally understanding because it's a log ridiculous Polish name.

• haha not so much (:

• I haven't had anyone mess up my name thankfully, so I can't relate. Someone did refer to me as a "Mr." in an e-mail once, though, clearly knowing what my first name was. That was odd.

• I say Tayla but people always spell Taylor, sometimes Kayla. I promise I'm not pronouncing my name wrong, I even say it slow with an emphasis on Tay- LAH.

Don't get me started on how people pronounce it when they read it. I have been called Talia so many times.

• They always misspell either my last name or my first name, if not, then they have to misspell my middle name, so I don't give a f*ck anymore. 😂

• It annoys me. I'm Rachel.
    I've gotten: Rachael, Rachelle, Rochelle, Rachele and I even had a professor who spelled my name as Rechel.
    I didn't know Rachel was so hard lol.

• They spell it wrong, pronounce it wrong, try and call me nicknames I don't like. My name is Juliana, not Julieanna or Julieann or Julie or any of that other crap. It's pronounced like Juliahhnahh too so there's no reason to be confused lol.

• It bothers my mom a lot more than it bothers me.

• LOOOOL I remember spelling your name "Clarissa" and you cracked the shits 😰😭

• I don't care in the slightest. I just hate when people who aren't close to me give me nicknames.

• İ say how to pronounce my name when i first meet people.

• It doesn't really bother me. In fact, i find it hilarious that no one spelled my name correctly the first time lol

• First of all, I love that gif. It made me laugh.

It pisses me off. My stupid driving training teacher spelt my name Emillie 😤 And that's how it was on my license for a couple months.
    No many other people spell my name wrong.

• I hate it more that people constantly mispronounce it.

• I'm used to it. People usually add extra letters and shit too.

• Are there people who actually get really mad about it? People need to realize that they're really not that important

• a bit irritated
    my name is sarah and they write sara
    like smthng is missing no? :P

• It used to get to me years back. Not so much now.

• I get a little bit pissed sometimes 😤

• My name is spelled as "Liana" so simple yet people can find a thousand ways to fuck it lol

• it's not even hard, if u misspell my name ur just stupid

• 1000000. People spell my name wrong all the time
    ╰_╯

• No teachers spelled it right the first time I had to repeat like 10 times and my art teacher in 9th grade never got it right for the whole semester

• I'm not jeanna or glanna or Gina. it's Gianna. COME ON people

• I don't mind.. I just tell them to call me by a nickname and it's solved

• More from Girls
    4