Anyone else sick of mixed people calling themselves "black"?

Last time, I checked. Most MAJORITY BLOODED black girls, don't have light skin or loose curly hair. Same for black men. What's wrong with just calling yourself mixed? I don't get it.

• I AM TOO
  • No, not really. (You should be)

Most Helpful Guy

• Because mixed isn't a race.

we identify as whatever we choose. Not really your place to judge what isn't your own body.

You sound like one of those people who contribute to the lightskin vs. darkskin garbage.

wake up minors. You're the kids who will be leading this country in the future. Stop judging people by their definition of themselves and their skintone and focus on whats important, otherwise this country wil only continue to go further downward. (US). unless you don't live in the US, same thing either way.

Most Helpful Girl

• Not all black people have dark skin or kinky hair... That's why I don't like to use the word black or white to describe people because skin colour does not determine what your facial shape looks like, what your hair texture is like, what type of body you have.
    If you go to Africa then you'll notice a huge amount of diversity, just google Tigrinya people to the Yoruba people and tell me if they look the same since they are both apparently "black". I would think not. They are different culturally as they are appearance wise.

And to be fair, majority of black people in America are mixed with all kinds of ethnicities so in reality they are just mixed themselves, and calling out on biracials for calling themselves black is just kind of strange and funny in itself. And as sad as it is most of African Americans don't really have an identity to choose from but black, African American or creole to identify themselves with unless they've done some DNA test to determine what they really are (and those who do will often notice they are mixed with other ethnicities and not just those from Africa). But anyhow, it's an extremely complicated issue when it comes to people in America. So I guess you can pick and choose what you identify with the most and call yourself that if you like. And don't bash on others for identifying or feeling like they are a "black" person simply because they look mixed, heck you're probably as mixed as they are.

What Guys Said 25

• Go to the restroom at the mall and see if you can find someone to give a crap!

• good thing no one gives a shit. move on with your life

• Irish and Mexican is mixed. Thai and Venezuelan is mixed. Etc. So calling yourself mixed would be even more ridiculous that calling yourself black.

Please find something that really matters to be concerned about.

• Chances are those who think they're 100% black, aren't 100% black, at least in America.

• No, not really. (You should be)

• I mean, they have a right to call themselves whatever they want to (even though its not true). And I'll admit that it annoys me as well--especially when dark skinned latino men call themselves "black". Its not as much about the... inaccuracy, but rather the fact that they feel the need to call themselves "black" in order to seem cool. As if its a bad thing to be white.

• Mane, I'm black. Guess who gave birth to me.. A BLACK woman. Ain't nobody about to tell me I ain't black. My pops tried to hit me with that "biracial" shit. YEET. Watch me have a beautiful BLACK wife with beautiful BLACK kids and we will be looking like the Obamas in this bihh 😂😂

• Your wife and kids will be black, but YOU aren't and NEVER will be.

• @DivaMonae Exactly, she sounds dumb as hell 😂 She just bitter, for no reason.

• Your dad is right.

• I don't really care to be honest but it's kind of weird they never identify as white if they're half white and black I mean you can't just say your just black, you can't just make up what you are.

• They can call themselves any damn thing they want including white for all I care.

• Is anyone else sick of people who are sick of non-issues?

• Actually, that's not even as bad as black people (who unmistakably look and act black) claiming to be anything but black. For example, I know a guy who keeps calling himself "Cherokee, not black" just because his great grandfather was an indian. Everytime I point out his wiry hair, thick lips, and other exclusively African features, he'd just outright reject them. This idiot doesn't seem to not only understand that actual cherokees look far from the way he does, but how Africans got to this country in the first place. That's also as bad as hispanics claiming to be "white." LOL they wish.

• Sure, complain about racism and discriminate against yourselves. Good fucking job.

• "Yourselves". How are you going to say yourselves when mixed doesn't equal black? So in your eyes mixed people are automatically black, even though they have a white parent.

• The irony is you're doing exactly what the quote you posted describes, I'm not.

You: Shit, if they're being racist against themselves, well I'm ok with racism toward them, they shouldn't complain.

"Sure, complain about racism and discriminate against yourselves"

• @BangBadBxtches

Calling out the hypocrisy of it doesn't equal me saying they shouldn't complain about racism. You are reading things into my words that I have never said. Learn2read and stop wallowing in your victimhood where you see people saying mean things everywhere.

• I don't care what useless labels people decide to use for themselves.

• If someone identifies as something who am I to tell them that they are wrong?

• I really dont care. Remember that white girl who pretended to be black, didn't care that she did that so there's that.

• Why does it matter what someone identities as. If people spent half as much time looking for reasons to love each other, as they do reasons to hate each other. We could make a better world for us all.

• No, not really. Chill out

• But I thought race didn't matter...

• are you black?

cause i dont care

• It's funny because if you replaced black with white, the answers would be completely different. People would never claim a mixed person as white.

• We don't wanna be claimed as "white." 😂

• Why are you SO mad that we don't wanna claim y'all? It's not that serious, boo.

• @TameeaBrown I don't think you are getting what I'm saying. When you read my comments what did you pick up?

• I didn't even know this was a thing lol

• Oh come on. If boys can call themselves girls and girls can call themselves boys and we're all cool with that, why can't mixed people, or why not white (!) call themselves black.

I mean man come on, I am a black man trapped inside a white man's body. Do you have any idea of the mental trauma I am going through not being able to hang out with my real bros?

• I have Native American ancestry, through my great, great, great grandmother, who was full Cherokee. I don't identify as Native American, but ALL of her ancestors are my ancestors, too. I don't care about percentages. I am a descendant of the Cherokee tribe.

• I think because it's become popular now for black people to own their blackness, and since nobody really sees mixed race as truly "white", some mixed people just decide to own their blackness and parade that around.

Everyone's become so racially polarized it's like there is no room for mixed people anymore (I am also mixed).

What Girls Said 19

• No not at all because they are black. If they weren't black they wouldn't say that they are. "Mixed" is not a race and not an ethnicity they may be more than one thing but they're still black.

Black people are mixed no one is 100% black whatever black is. Even if it's only by one percent black people can be partially Native American, white, Hispanic, etc

So if you're so tired of "mixed" people calling their self "black" then you need to make sure that every single black call their self "mixed" including yourself I mean it's obvious you're black although you're anonymous because of you weren't you wouldn't give a da, n to begin with in the first place. Oh and that goes for everyone else also get white, Hispanic, Indian, Asian, etc people to also say they're mixed because we all are... 😒

• That was a great reply

• Yes, I am black. Now, don't get mad when someone asks what the average black person looks like and they say some light skin, curly haired, person. Don't be mad when black people start getting replaced with mixed people on TV and magazines. They've already started with black women, but watevs.

• But you see the thing is I'm not mad. I frankly don't give a damn. Everyone can turn one color within time for all I care if we do it would solve a lot of issues like racism.

And sweetie I'm guessing you haven't noticed I am light skin also mixed but mostly black... What exactly is there to jealous of?

• Anybody else tired of people telling mixed raced people, what to identify as? Well, you should be. I am BLACK. B-L-A-C-K. African-Americano. Negro. A SISTA. Get over it.

• technically mixed race though so you could also be called white or whatever the other part of you is I mean you can't just make up what you are.

• @Asker There's this one song, that has been very popular. I think it's from a movie. I don't know the title, but I think the chorus went like this.

🎶🎵 LET IT GO! LET IT GO! 🎵🎶

😊❄⛄

• Not at all. I'm sick of people getting their panties in a twist because they feel like they're in a position to judge with what race someone best identifies with.

• It's called the one drop rule, yo.

• Men are now identifying as women and women as men and people as animals and what you're concerned about is someone identifying with one of their parents more than the other? For real?

• You shouldn't try to dictate how other people identify. Mind your own business. If I came out of a black woman's uterus, I think I can call myself black.

• You wouldn't have came out if not for a white man's sperm.

• @BangBadBxtches Thank you for sharing this unknown fact with me. Wow! I never knew. ? Dude, I'm 21 years old, I got the science award at my high school, I was a biology major, I'm still a science major. I think I know how reproduction works. I'm not diminishing the great gift my father gave in making me. But I am saying that I came out of a black woman, I grew up in a predominantly black neighborhood, I had closest ties with my black family. If I want to identify as a black person, I think that's within my rights. Genetically and legally because ever since I was a child, officials marked black on my records not biracial or other.

• You should probably include an update about why you're upset - what you said in a comment about lighter women replacing darker ones in black roles. I get that. But at least in the US, the one-drop rule means that "mixed" actually means "black" - and in general we don't say half-white, we say half-[not white] because the majority is white. It's sad but it's how it is.

Of course, by the one-drop rule (if it applies to Native Americans) I would technically be a super-pale Native American... but that was many generations ago and is all but invisible at this point.

Basically - if you appear partly black, society generally considers you black, and that coincides with the whole "light is beautiful" thing to produce some sad results.

If I've offended anyone I apologize. I'm not black myself but I've had lots of conversations with people about things like this and it's a real struggle among many communities: black, South Asian, Latino...

• No, because I don't really care. If it bothers you that much, I feel like you have too much time on your hands.

• Most mixed people call themselves mixed. But if a biracial wanted to identify as black, white, Asian who cares. Its their DNA they can call themselves whatever they want. Plus you got people identifying as the sex they aren't , or as another species or a ethniciity they aren't.

• One drop rule my friend.

• Who gives a crap

• What's so wrong about it. I'm like 25% Irish and 3% welsh and 42% German and god knows what else... Am I mixed? No one is pure, get over it. You kinda just sound like a conservative asshole to me

• I never said you CAN'T call him black, I said you wouldn't. I know for a fact that of your own volition, you have never called or thought of Obama as white.

• @BangBadBxtches because he doesn't identify himself as white

• This is why people don't want us peeps under 18 on this website 😐

• It's not up to you to decide their identity for them sweetheart 💁🏼

• Who gives a flying rat's ass?

• They are black so I don't see the big deal.

• They are also white, so why is there a big deal if they try to identify as white?

• @BangBadBxtches I don't care if they identify as either. Whatever makes them happy.

• So I take it your 100% "black" nothing else mixed in there? You can prove this some how?

• It doesn't bother me, why are you so pressed?

• I'm a little confused by this. So If i'm mixed with 4 things and my complexion is black, da quk am i?
    You and the rest of the people who see me are going to call me black. Why make everything so difficult?

• Who cares what anyone refers to themselves as...