Why would a mother treat a less attractive child better than the attractive child?

Most Helpful Guy

• I remember hearing something along the lines of attractive children are subconsiously seen to have better genetic material and we want invest more time/resources to ensure the success of our best offspring.

• I think I read your question wrong, its the reverse scenario.

Most Helpful Girl

• To overcompensate and even out their self esteem

0/2500

Send It!
Sponsored

What Guys Said 4

• It can never happen. A mother can not love a child more and other less. Yes, it may be looked like it is, but on mother's side it is never. Probably it looked because she wanted the less attractive child not to feel down. it is as simple as that. So chill... !!!

• I think you have it flipped.
    Apart from that, less attractive children or people as a whole face more problems in their social lives.
    A less attractive child is more likely to run back into his mother's arms begging for comfort because of school bullies and such, provided we're talking about the ideal mother.

• Because it's instinctive. As the less attractive child, I understand and appreciate your question.

• Probably because she feels really sorry for them.

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!