Is a 50 minute wait for dinner at a restaurant bad service?

Would you consider 50 minutes to be bad service when you've got a table of ten people on a Friday night?

• yes it is
  • about average
  • it's good service lower your standards.

Most Helpful Girl

• It is kinda bad, but understandable. I have a lot of siblings and we all go out to eat as a group with our parents and partners quite regularly, and 12 is usually the smallest group we'll have, and we don't usually ever have to wait almost an hour for our food. Most times, they're really eager to give us good service because we're such a big group they'll know we're gonna be spending a lot of money with them.

• I was thinking they should have gave us a bit more priority, we ended up spending $800.

• Exactly. They usually do it because of that, especially if they want repeat custom. But it's easy to see why it's hard for them to keep up with large groups... But even then, with us they'll at least bring us some little nibbles like small starters on the house for us to graze on while we wait if they take long with our table.

Most Helpful Guy

• Dat's why I never eat at restaurants... wait for almost an hour... and PAY 'em for just a tiny portion like restaurants have? Fuck 'em... I'm good at cooking so why spend ma money on restaurants anyway eh?

U should've kick dat waiter/waitress bastard/bitch's ass dude...

What Girls Said 6

• Considering that Friday nights are usually really busy and you've got a huge number of people to cook for, no, that's not bad.

• Yes, but I remember I have waited for an hour with one of my friends. Since then, at any restaurants we go, we will make a move if we have waited more than 30 minutes.

At least there are 10 of you lol so it's understandable but still they shouldn't make people wait that long.

• It didn't stop them coming over to ask if we would like more drinks lol.

• A 50 minute wait for ten people on a Friday night sounds normal.

• I just be honest that sucks. You know i am hungry and I am waiting lol! But I guess I could wait.

• That is a long period of time to wait usually. However, having that many people on a Friday night to accommodate is tough.

• Was the restaurant crowded than other times? Or was it almost empty?
    If the restaurant was full, then the time is almost good, if not, then it's not.

What Guys Said 9

• No that is not bad service. You had 10 people and it was a Friday night.

• For ten people? No. We once had three people and waited about half an hours. 50 minutes for an army of ten is actually pretty decent in my opinion.

• Considering I can prep, cook, eat, and clean the dishes at home in less time I would consider it bad service.

• Friday night and ten people :/ that like a long wait. A place I go to which is very nice the wait time is 1 hour :o it's the restaurant culture I been there so many times :3 the wait allows you to Catch up and get hungry; 5 course meal :3

• It's average survive to me. In that time I could draw a masterpiece.

• Yeah that's not very good

• Tell me you didn't tip.

• Nope, we don't tip here but got heaps of overpriced drinks.

• It is but it allows you to talk more which I don't mind if I'm not busy.

• its bad in my opinion. 40 minutes is better

• it means you are not in the top of your game. if you were real professionals you'd be able to satisfy much bigger numbers and with lots of variety. its another thing to make 40 similar dishes and another 40 different ones.