What's the most beautiful city in England?

Most Helpful Guy

• Nottingham, the city of Robin Hood ;)

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 11

• I would say Bath, Sheffield, Oxford are the nicest. At least, Sheffield will be when they stop digging it up and rebuilding it! There are some nice parts in York, as well. To be honest, London is awful. Too many people, too noisy, over-priced and sometimes extortionate, and many parts are dirty.

• Been to Oxford University for some Geology lectures. It's really a beautiful place. You can FEEL the knowledge :P

• LOL!- I cannot believe you listed Brum- LOL!!!

I am pissing myself, laughing here

My fav English city would be Bristol :)

• I wouldn't know never been
    I'm not a huge fan of big cities and there are only a few that I've been to that I actually like.
    I like
    Seattle
    Chicago
    San Juan
    I don't even really care for the big city I live near.

• Ok, but none of those cties is in England...

• Yeah
      I couldn't say
      When I think of English cities I like rainy, smog filled, and people driving on the wrong side of the road
      Seriously only the U. K and a couple of commonwealth countries drive on the left.

• Yeah, I know about that, it's kinda weird driving on the left :P

• Concrete and tarmac is not beautiful in my opinion

• But the question is about the cities you like, you can add some other city if you don't like these in the poll.

• Hmm well I'm originally from Norwich and thats quite pretty, very historic with a 1000 year old castle in the centre and 2 large cathedrals. I've seen Durham and Newcastle at night and they are cool, newcastle with its neon buildings and Durhams cathedral with atmospheric lighting. I would say I have a fav, because I've only seena few big places, Leeds by train, London a couple of times, Manchester from miles away on a mountain in the peak district lol.

• Cool, sounds nice :)

• Where ever they serve beans on toast the least and have a decent local beer.

• london

• England and Beautiful don't fit together in the same sentence.

• Old town in Edinburgh has a really nice vibe

• Oh, you said England. In that case none of the above 8-)

• Ok, so what city in England you like?

• London is a gorgeous city.

I felt like I belonged there the first time I visited (and sadly as of yet, only time) - I feel like I really should live there

• Manchester because New Order are from there... one of ma favorite bands...

• I love New Order too :D

• No Low Life or Power Corruption And Lies?

Ma favorite is definitely Low Life... and Substance '87 if it counts as an album...

• Yeah, I like them too, it's hard to pick just one album :P

What Girls Said 4

• For me it would have to be Oxford.. Simply because very little as such has changed over the years.. Am a little unsure about York but it would still come second on my list.. All the others have become so big and over developed, in my opinion.

• York!

Although Oxford is also cute. =)

• I heard many great things about Brighton :)

• I've only been to London but I loved it :)